Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-06-2020, 08:06 AM   #1
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Question Wiring help on Methanol Kit ?!?!

Guys I am running / planning to install the RPM Custom Methanol Kit this weekend, when going through the parts and what not I noticed no installation instructions, those who have installed or running this or a similiar setup I was hoping to get some advice on where you all routed your wiring. The AEM water/methanol controller has a port to plug in from there and then has like 10+ wires. DO they go to the ECU if so what lines did you all tap in for the colors? i can attach pics if needed or send through text / instagram if you all are needing that.

Help is appreciated
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:01 PM   #2
TheDamme94

Drives: 2016 D1X Procharged Black 1SS
I would've gone with an Alky controls kit. Super simple instructions and all the wiring is color coded with a video posted on YT for DIY'ers. Have you tried contacting the company that makes the kit for instructions?
TheDamme94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:37 AM   #3
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamme94 View Post
I would've gone with an Alky controls kit. Super simple instructions and all the wiring is color coded with a video posted on YT for DIY'ers. Have you tried contacting the company that makes the kit for instructions?
so the reason why i didn't go with alky was because where you install the pump, i liked the clean install of having it in the trunk with a tank. But i am beginning to regret it lol. Yes i contacted the company and they don't make install instructions. there is some writeups from AEM as far as the control module goes and other parts but thats all i get
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
Old 01-07-2020, 08:19 AM   #4
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
Might want to post this somewhere other than the for sale section. probably get more help.
That1guy_tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:27 AM   #5
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1guy_tim View Post
Might want to post this somewhere other than the for sale section. probably get more help.
oh wow, i could of sworn i clicked on v8 bolt ons

Old 01-07-2020, 09:35 AM   #6
ZL1_2017

Drives: 2017 TT ZL1 TH400
AEM WIRING DIAGRAM

Here is what i found. Hope it helps
Attached Images

2017 TT Camaro ZL1 / TH400 / LME 416 / LME CID HEADS / Huron TT 68/71 106 / Crawford Port Injection / Holley EFI / AEROSPACE Components fronts and rears / 15" Weld Beadlocks / Torqbyte Methanol Kit / Prometh Trunk Tank / Plazmaman Intake
ZL1_2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:50 AM   #7
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1_2017 View Post
Here is what i found. Hope it helps
Yes thank you, i saw that as well, going to put everything together to see how similar it is compared to the Race Proven Motorsports kit. Shouldn't be crazy different