Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-22-2021, 05:45 AM   #225
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
That's still amazing how close to the Gulf that is and low the prices are.

Here in Southwest FL you can maybe find a condo for 280k near Englewood beach and walk almost half a mile.

Only cheap place I can think of that's almost walking distance to the Gulf is Naples Park which inear the beach, but it's a lot of white trash, drugs, at least it was at one time. Even those likely 200k now.

My home was built in 2015. It's rated a 100 year flood area and on the border of evacuation zone A/B. I have to go through FEMA for flood insurance. Even though I'm a couple miles from the Harbor and it's near the Charlotte County airport. Not many hurricanes to compare to historically so I dunno where they got the Zone A rating at. They're trying to change it to zone B.

That area west of 19 can flood very easy from storm surge. However, a direct hit from a hurricane in that area would be like winning the lottery. Very hard to happen.
There were some homes right on the gulf that were selling for 600k and dropped to under 150k in 2011 as the cost to insure them was 25k and up if you could find a comp to insure them.

Most all the homes in this area are all run down and rented out. Homes have been sitting empty in my hood for over 10 years. Best thing to happen is a cat 5 with 230mph gust clean out west pasco 5 miles inland and never allow rebuilding again . The toilet needs to be flushed for good and run these drug dealers and trash out of here. Biggest drug area in the country.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:52 AM   #226
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
What happens if it's another active hurricane season with major hurricanes? Would that further drive the cost of lumber up?
I think what you're getting at is a combination of A) how many people will need to buy plywood to board up their windows ahead of a large storm and B) how much damage gets done from storms that needs repair. If so, the answer to your question is "no one knows."

Hurricane season is still a couple of months off with most of the risk for the worst storms being even further out from there. What will the supply be like in areas where demand could spike at that time? That's what will ultimately determine the cost.

I read an article yesterday that said that, in the last four months, close to 2900 shipping containers have fallen off of cargo ships while in transit and their cargo is sitting somewhere on the ocean floor. For comparison, that number is higher than the annual loss in any give full year dating back to something like 2007 or 2008 (one ship lost 1800 containers, largest loss ever). The cause is a combination of ships being fully loaded and a need to use old containers (that have wear and/or don't secure as well as newer ones) to move goods to the US. Everything from designer clothing to frozen shrimp has been lost, and this is all adding to the reduced supply of all kinds of things...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:55 AM   #227
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
They can and should pay your car payments while you wait.
How long of a wait would the car need to be down for before being able to try and pursue this route? My car has been at the dealership for going on the 3rd week now.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:00 AM   #228
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksta View Post
How long of a wait would the car need to be down for before being able to try and pursue this route? My car has been at the dealership for going on the 3rd week now.
That is 100% never going to happen for a manufacturer warranty issue. You can open a case with GM and try arguing the point with them, but the best you're likely to get is to be put into another Camaro while yours is being repaired under warranty.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:54 AM   #229
overdriv

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS 2019 2SS Camaro
Has the original poster ever resolved his problems?
overdriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:39 PM   #230
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy2020 View Post
Well....I got my car back from the dealer.They took my brand new camaro lt1 and rebuilt the engine in stead of replacing the motor.after 220 miles on the car #4 cylinder is toast,valve spring broke and valve broke the piston.Not happy with GM decision to rebuild motor vs.replace motor.(only 220 miles).So I filed a complaint.Not good customer relationship.
His response

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:40 PM   #231
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy2020 View Post
Well....I got my car back from the dealer.They took my brand new camaro lt1 and rebuilt the engine in stead of replacing the motor.after 220 miles on the car #4 cylinder is toast,valve spring broke and valve broke the piston.Not happy with GM decision to rebuild motor vs.replace motor.(only 220 miles).So I filed a complaint.Not good customer relationship.
Sorry this is his response

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote