Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-16-2018, 04:11 AM   #15
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I see more rental 6th gen's in my area.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:21 AM   #16
BlackSovereign

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Black
I live in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Because of the weather, its not practical to own a sports car.

Most of the sport cars are Imports. 1/100 I say is the ratio for America/Imports
Then for every 20 Mustang/Challenger I see 1 Camaro.

on top of that, I've yet to see 1 black 1LE in my city.

Everytime I see a Camaro its like seeing a long lost friend lol. I wave and they wave back

EDIT: I just realized, since I'm the only driver, I've never actually SEEN my exact car speeding across the road! LMAO sad and cool.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:46 AM   #17
Quix

Drives: 2016 2LT V6 Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSovereign View Post
I live in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Because of the weather, its not practical to own a sports car.

Most of the sport cars are Imports. 1/100 I say is the ratio for America/Imports
Then for every 20 Mustang/Challenger I see 1 Camaro.

on top of that, I've yet to see 1 black 1LE in my city.

Everytime I see a Camaro its like seeing a long lost friend lol. I wave and they wave back

EDIT: I just realized, since I'm the only driver, I've never actually SEEN my exact car speeding across the road! LMAO sad and cool.
I live in Toronto, which is right next to Mississauga. I can attest to this. I very rarely see any other 6th gen Camaro and I've never even seen another Garnet Red car let alone the same spec. It's kinda fun for me because my last car was a Mazda 3, which is one of the most common cars in the area.

P.S. How is an American car not an import?
Quix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:39 AM   #18
BlackSovereign

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quix View Post
I live in Toronto, which is right next to Mississauga. I can attest to this. I very rarely see any other 6th gen Camaro and I've never even seen another Garnet Red car let alone the same spec. It's kinda fun for me because my last car was a Mazda 3, which is one of the most common cars in the area.

Your right. I meant European and Asian. I wish there was a bigger camaro community in the greater toronto area but I also like the uniqueness. Im in a gas station and the guy in the counter always asks what car is that. I also drove a Mazda3(generation 2) before my Camaro just to prove your point haha.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:53 AM   #19
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
There were 20+ camaros at last months cars and coffee in our group alone . A few 1le’s a few zl1’s and one zl1 1le and virtually every color 6th gen made. About another 10 or so 5th gen’s also. Florida is definitely a car lovers paradise.
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:07 PM   #20
HighIron

Drives: 2024 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Keep in mind that when you see a Challenger, it takes more than a glance to know if you are looking at a 2008 or a 2018. You would have to compare that to sightings of Gen 5 and Gen 6 Camaro combined to assess whether the populations are similar. And even then, there is still an “extra” two years of Challenger volume in the mix.

The closer comparison would be sightings of S550 Mustang (2015 - current) compared to Gen 6 Camaro, but again, there would be an extra year of Mustang production volume in the mix.

Excellent observations. Within that framework, I can say that ( in my comings and goings in my metro area ) that the latest generation of Mustangs are the fewest in number of all the Mustangs I see. As far as Challengers go, fairly common but I really can't tell a later one from an older one unless I see the dash/instrument panel. 5th Gen Camaros seem to run the gamut of trims, but most 6th gen cars are up-level trims. Not too many 1LTs with the standard wheel/tire combo.

It's so fluid though: Some days I can go without seeing a solitary 6th Gen car, other days I'll see a dozen or more.
HighIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:31 PM   #21
HackSaw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Just the other day I spotted a 6th gen pulling into Intel Thats my only for sure sighting of a 6th gen. Seen several 5th gen in my area. There was a new stang ahead of me pulling into a parking lot I thought the guy was going to break his neck turning his head around to check out my car
HackSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #22
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
I almost never see a 6th gen. I have to do a double take to make sure, when I see one. I see a few 5th gens now and then, but even those are uncommon.

I see tons of mustangs and challengers, but more mustangs than anything else.

It is kind of fun to have a "rare" car in a way.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:55 PM   #23
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quix View Post

Well General Motors Canada is fully American owned at this point you really should do your research meant it's definitely not an import here's a little link to Wikipedia. It's the closest thing we have to actual Canadian domestic is General Motors

McLaughlin and Buick Edit
McLaughlin Motor Car Company was founded in 1907. Samuel McLaughlin and William C. Durant, respectively the biggest carriage builders in Canada and the United States, contracted for Durant's Buick to supply McLaughlin with power trains for 15 years. McLaughlin fitted the power trains to running gear, bodies and chassis built by McLaughlin in Canada. The cars were branded McLaughlin until the end of the contract. McLaughlin-Buick was the brand between 1923 and 1942.

In 1908 Durant and McLaughlin started General Motors Holding Company after Durant exchanged $500,000 of Buick stock for $500,000 of McLaughlin Motor Co. stock. McLaughlin also exchanged his Buick stock for General Motors stock, and in 1910 was invited to be on the board of General Motors in Detroit.

Chevrolet Edit
In 1915 McLaughlin acquired the Chevrolet Car Company of Canada, which built Chevrolets in Oshawa with Chevrolet motors and McLaughlin bodies. In 1918 he merged his company with it under the name General Motors of Canada Limited prior to his becoming director and vice president of General Motors on the approval of Durant, who was then president of General Motors and owner of the Chevrolet Motor Co. The Corporation moved people in 1918 after McLaughlin allied his Company with the Corporation unknown to Robert McLaughlin,McLaughlin-Buick:"Canada's Standard Car" virtualmuseum.ca . The McLaughlins were given GM Stocks for the Propriortorship of the Canadian Company and $10,000,000 to build Walkerville and Canadian Products. as September 23, 1933 Financial Post page 9 reported but not ownership.[3]
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 01:02 PM   #24
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
I live in MA, not to far from the RI border. Yesterday I was out with the wife in the Tacoma and saw a blue convertible gen 6 SS on the the road behind me, then I glanced over to the Honey Dew lot and saw a black gen 6 hardtop SS. Two V8 gen 6 sightings right next to each other. That’s the first time I’ve ever had that happen.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:33 PM   #25
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
I live in MA, not to far from the RI border. Yesterday I was out with the wife in the Tacoma and saw a blue convertible gen 6 SS on the the road behind me, then I glanced over to the Honey Dew lot and saw a black gen 6 hardtop SS. Two V8 gen 6 sightings right next to each other. That’s the first time I’ve ever had that happen.
You should have bought a lottery ticket!
Old 06-16-2018, 07:40 PM   #26
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Earlier today I drove from Buffalo, NY to Detroit. Just under 300 miles, almost all of it through Canada (both are border cities). I counted about (9) 6th Gen Camaros on my trip, ranging from a really nice HBM 1LT to a triple black SS Vert and an HBM SS with white rally stripes. I was driving my Cruze, so I didn’t count in the mix.

Also saw a GT500, a GT350 vert (it was really nice). More Challengers than I cared to count. A number of Mustang verts, only 2 of which were GTs. Then there was also a Ferrari convertible, oddly, it was NOT red, and a white Acura NSX.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:35 AM   #27
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Rare;no. Chevy built 53,540 in the 2016 MY, and 83,348 in the 2017 MY. Now some of these are still on the lots, but will eventually be sold (seeing great closeout prices on 17's in my area). Don't know what the build count will be for 2108 MY and 2019 models will be here soon. Many Camaros are not daily drivers and Ford & Chrysler still sell many to fleet sales. Not so Chevy.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:54 AM   #28
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
Don't know what the build count will be for 2108 MY ....
I don’t think any of us will live to know
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote