Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-08-2016, 02:44 AM   #57
Shultzy

Drives: White 1ss NPP 6M
Got pulled over going 80 in a 70. I think being young and having a car like this doesn't help at all. My brother was in his ACU's and the guy happened to be a former Air Force officer as well. Changed his tone completely. I agree with a lot of what's been said on here. At the end of the day officers are humans too and no 2 officers are the same. I've always said that there's no point in arguing, just be polite, honest and respectful and you'll be fine. Fight it in court not in person because in person people are usually butt hurt about getting pulled over in the first place. Been pulled over 4 times in my life and never once got a ticket. Having mutual respect for both the citizen and the officer is the only way we can get this country in the right direction again. There are bad cops just as there are bad people but for the majority of times the cop isn't out to get you just doing there job as he/she deems fit. Remember fight in court not the streets!
Shultzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #58
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
There is no excuse for having a bad demeanor with the public because of your "dangerous job". In fact LE isn't even that dangerous a job. It's not even on the top 10 list of most dangerous jobs in America. Way more electricians die every year doing their job. How would you feel if the guy you hired to do your new breaker panel walked into your house yelling at you for the way your old fuse box looked?
Old 08-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #59
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
Quote:
Originally Posted by datboi448 View Post
Unsafe speed, not to be confused with speeding as they are completely different, is the number one cause for accidents from insurance studies. Just because the speed limit is 50 doesn't mean you can slam that lead foot down until you reach that speed.

You can get ticketed for timing lights as it is considered reckless driving. You can also be ticketed for driving too fast in the rain even if you are going at or just under the speed limit.

There are a lot of these grey areas where cops can pull you over and ticket you based on judgement of if they feel you are endangering others on the road.

Remember it's a speed limit...just because your heart has a max rate of 170-180 doesn't mean you should sprint everywhere you go to keep it there right?
You must be a cop
Ace01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:05 AM   #60
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace01 View Post
You must be a cop
LOL.....I wish we could all just be honest with each other and stop pretending this has anything to do with safety. $$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 08-08-2016, 09:10 AM   #61
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
Hurry up and go arrest this person in this Chevy add.
America is done. Serve and protect my ass.
Ace01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #62
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
it's a give-me ticket offense. There are so many things you can get ticketed for that basically anyone can be pulled over if the cop watches you long enough. So many laws that you are statistically bound to be breaking at least 1 everytime you head off to work and go home. That's how governments want it too. It's extra taxation that justifies more police.

You'll especially see cops reach into their bag of BS reasons to pull someone over in low real crime areas. Like being pulled over because your headlights aren't on for the full 30 minutes after the posted time for dawn (despite it being bright enough that auto headlights turned off). Stuff like that is why we know excessive acceleration is just there to give the cop a reason to look for more tax money they can get.

It's not their fault really though, that's their job. They're not hired to protect and serve when their performance is judged by how many tickets they write up every month.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:31 AM   #63
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
A friend of mine got a ticket for Exibition of Speed just for revving at a stop sign. He drove off like a grandma, but the cop got him for that. I thoughts thats where excessive noise fell, i didnt know they can also tag you for excessive acceleration just for revving high. The 'chops will get you for anything nowadays i guess.
I got one of the "exhibition of speed" tickets in my 64' SS Chevelle (4 Spd). I tried to fight it (I was like 20 at the time so this is more than 30 years ago) and the cops had measured the burnout from the gas station down University Ave in Berkeley, CA. I was toast....

Now back then it might almost - almost have been as bad a a DUI. All the insurance increase pain but none of the weekly classes or suspension. Mind you at 20 years old with a barn find driveway build primer gray SS and a almost new 350 SB crate motor I bought of a guy who's kid wrecked his whatever - my license was not exactly polished.

Ahh to be young again. I test drive a 2SS later today.
matt fe2o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:16 AM   #64
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
here, they get you for "illegal start from stop" which usually means some form of burnout, or what they think is one. I've been pulled over for it (in awd 3000gt vr-4), but gotten a warning because I didn't "spin tires".

I have several friends that have been pulled over for it, some have gotten tickets due to said spinning tires, others a warning just because they got to speed really quickly.

They can try to get you for noise violation if your engine is way too loud or speakers too loud, but from what I hear around here (both word of mouth, and the numerous loud asses), they don't enforce it. Word is, that ticket is $300+.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:43 AM   #65
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
"I called him an asshole from the passenger seat. What a D-bag move."
Ho-ho-ho! Good laff!!! ('Bout wet my pants!)
Did that make you feel as if your IQ was 2-digit???!!!

I remember when I had a somewhat underpowered 4.3 pickup doing 55 in a 35, out of state, on Memorial Day.
Got flagged, and as the trooper came up to the window, he asked me if there was any reason I was doing 55.
Said, "not a single one; no excuse."
"Why do you have your door open?"
"So's I can get my license out of my wallet."
Never got a ticket, just a kindly reminder to "take it easy; don't be a statistic."

Be honest, be smart, and don't mouth off.
We have front plate requirements here, but I have mine on a Stow-and-Show---been in the trunk practically the whole time I got the car. So far, so good.
As for excessive acceleration, use your "cop radar," look around before mashing that gas pedal down !!! Another, don't tailgate. (unlike the ricers with a fartcan on my bumper--having something to prove) Keeps things good for me.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:33 AM   #66
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Look, I like cops, and I won't want to do that job if my life depended on it. I've been lucky to encounter a lot of respectful 'nice' cops and I've never been stopped just because. So my encounters have been text book and the way it should be...so far.

But let's not pretend that some cops don't abuse their power and get away with it. It happens more often than we'd like to admit and sadly, there is a chance tomorrow, or the day after, our turn will come. There is work to be done there.

As far as demonstration of power type tickets, down here in Miami, there is so much of that going on, that I think most cops just ignore it unless the 'idiot' (me included) is going above an beyond the idiocy. As you go more north, they get stricter.

No tickets in the Camaro yet. Haven't gotten a ticket in at least 5 or more years.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote