Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-07-2018, 10:33 PM   #141
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
This happened to me this afternoon. I pretty much new what the issue was because I dealt with this exact thing with my wife's Lincoln MKX. I was freaking out in the hot 80° Hawaiian sun though. I looked in the owners manual trying to find where to put the FOB, I could not make sense out of small picture as to where to put the FOB (it would only stay on for like 2 seconds). I called my dealer and the salesman didn't know either.

I then took a breath and went on you tube. problem solved, car started up after putting in rear cup holder.
I will be changing out the batteries in both FOB's soon as I get to the store.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:13 AM   #142
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I've probably had this issue about 5 times now. I learned if it says remote is not detected and the rear cup holder doesn't help then the remote has somehow triggered a relearn procedure and you need to walk away from the car with the key and I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-50 yards away the car will honk its horn notifying you that its relearned the remote.

I recently had it happen when I had the windows down and I couldn't get them back up. I really didn't want to walk away from the car in the crowded parking lot with the windows down like that so I fumbled around trying several things trying to get it to work and I don't know if it just timed out and reset or if I actually triggered something, but It went right back to working after I hit the unlock and then lock buttons on my remote.

I can't imagine that I haven't tried that before, but its worth noting to try next time the issue arises.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #143
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
There is a TSB still out for the fob not working issue, it is a easy process. Dealer has to replace the RKE module, program the new one with the new firmware and then sync all of the fobs again.

I had mine done 5 months ago, since then never had a fob not work in the car. The issue was the RKE module was going to sleep and not waking up and recognizing the remotes. The only way to fix it is with the RKE module replacement.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:04 AM   #144
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
There is a TSB still out for the fob not working issue, it is a easy process. Dealer has to replace the RKE module, program the new one with the new firmware and then sync all of the fobs again.

I had mine done 5 months ago, since then never had a fob not work in the car. The issue was the RKE module was going to sleep and not waking up and recognizing the remotes. The only way to fix it is with the RKE module replacement.
can you send me this tsb?
Old 03-08-2018, 07:04 PM   #145
kkriskal

Drives: 2018 2SS Triple Black Performance
This happened to me yesterday. I had to take my daughter hunting for a music album. The Fob was working fine in my garage when I was leaving. Went to Walmart and it won't even shut off, same message, No key detected. Then I placed the fob right near the window touching it and then it locked. Leaving walmart, same problem, won't unlock the car and then kept it touching the window and it opened up, then kept it in the cup holder and it started.

Then we went to Target (couldn't find the album at walmart). Guess what, the Fob was working absolutely fine. Infact it tried opening it from the store entrance (and my car was parked real far from the entrance) and it worked. Even started with the Fob in my pocket.
kkriskal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #146
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
can you send me this tsb?
I dont have it, but it is a known issue and a current active TSB in the system. The dealer should be able to locate it.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #147
sdwolff98

Drives: 2017 camaro 1lt rs pacakage
I had this issues this week also had the radio volume controls not working either. Both times they occur after using the Onstar remote start and getting in the vehicle before the remote start turns the car off. I wait till the care stops after onstar if finished warm up and no problems since then!

Sean

hx:
1984 berlinetta
1985 pontiac firebird s/e
1969 pontiac firebird

other toys:
1964 GMC heavy hauler 8.1 allison 6 speed
1966 chevy 4wd suburban future project
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #148
Fractal

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2017 2SS M8 MRC NPP
I've been having this issue for a few months now. It is getting more frequent. Used to be every couple weeks. Now it's a few times a week. I put the fob in the cupholder, it works and then continues to work okay for a day or two, then it stops working again.

I just replaced the battery to make sure that isn't the cause. If anyone figures out what the TSB number or reference is, that would be helpful. Haven't found a great Chevy dealer in my area yet. They all have been pretty difficult to work with so far so I am hesitant to take it in without proof.

EDIT: Took it in for service and they replaced the receiver module the next day. Covered under warranty. Pretty painless fix compared to what I was expecting.

Last edited by Fractal; 05-21-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Fractal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:32 PM   #149
CaptStanley

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4.0
This just happened to me tonight (5/29/18 @9pm), I installed a radar detector and LED low beams earlier today around 2pm. I went out to test the new LED's tonight and stopped to pump some gas, leaving the drivers door open. Went to start the car... "No key fob detected". Put my foot on the break to restart the car and went home. Parked it and tried to lock it... nothing worked. Got the spare key that I've never used before and again nothing. I shut it down, unplugged the radar, and went inside for 45 min then went to try and lock the car using the fob and it worked just fine. For me letting the car sit for awhile worked, I'm expecting this to happen again but for now it's working.
CaptStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:48 AM   #150
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
I can add to this long ongoing thread. I just got the "no remote detected" after driving to work, parking in on of my usual spaces, and then pushing the start/stop button. So far the cupholder positioning doesn't detect it. I checked the fob battery, it was at 3.0V, which is fine. I put a new one in anyway, no change.

I guess I'll wait a bit, as it seems nearly everyone found a bit of time and it seems the computer resets. Hopefully mine doesn't end up needing a tow like some peoples have.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:21 AM   #151
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I'm guessing and hoping this was fixed on the 18s since everyone that's posted on here has a 16 or 17?

Good luck to the rest of you getting it resolved.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:25 AM   #152
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
I'm guessing and hoping this was fixed on the 18s since everyone that's posted on here has a 16 or 17?

Good luck to the rest of you getting it resolved.
The TSB is from Feb '17. Either the module has been updated or the TSB is old.

Update: Let the car sit for a bit, now the fob works normally and I can start the car. Not a great confidence boosting experience though. If it happens again I'll for sure make a video. Assuming that the roughly 1 hour "reset time" is still a thing, by the time I'd call Roadside, get flatbedded to the dealer, and they actually look at it, the chances of it working normally by then appears to be high. Classic "NTF". I hate non-repeatable flaky problems.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:57 AM   #153
tthobe

Drives: '17 RS Turbo, Red Hot
Had the same issue on the weekend; my 2nd time it happened on my '17 over the past 16 months.
I didn't take the console message seriously (that no key was detected) and hit the lock button on the door on my way out. Bad move.
I forgot about the phone app, to be able to unlock the door again, and ended up using the backup/spare key inside the remote/fob. Of course the alarm starts going off and took me a minute to remember which cupholder the fob needs to be in for the car to recognize it . . . !
A little extra embarrassment for me since I was bringing the car to some relatives to see for the 1st time.
Oh well, ended fine as I was able to take my nephews for some rides which quite thrilled them.
If happens again I'll be looking for the TSB as well. For now at least there are backup plans available via the phone app, backup key, & putting fob in cupholder to start car. Also interesting about touching the fob to the window?
tthobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:09 AM   #154
tthobe

Drives: '17 RS Turbo, Red Hot
Again! Time to visit dealership

Another "No remote detected" today. Will be visiting dealership. Appears to be TSB #16-NA-396 (attached).
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Camaro TSB 16-NA-396 No Remote Detected.pdf (77.2 KB, 658 views)
tthobe is offline   Reply With Quote