#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 09-14-2022, 10:45 AM   #1
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Roebling Road Raceway

I just wanted to give them props! It was recently repaved and is an awesome track, especially for new track drivers. There is very little elevation change and tons of grassy run off. I just did a weekend there with Coastal Empire PCA and they are a fantastic group! Dave and Steve there are top shelf guys. Another fantastic group is Just Track It (Nabil is super awesome!). I had a fantastic day there this past Saturday with CEPCA and my friend Brian Armstrong who is a long time instructor in the southeast now.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 01:34 PM   #2
ATl_1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
i heard about the repaving and actually was curious. How is it on tires. I've not been back to that track in years due to how much it destroyed my tires in the long sweepers.
ATl_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 02:03 PM   #3
m3bs

Drives: '19 ZLE, S54 E36M3
The new surface is much more tire friendly, but doesn't change the fact that you are cornering almost the whole lap. It is definitely faster. I took my M3 and set my PB of 1:17.5 in June, which was the first day after the repave. That was almost 2 seconds better than my previous best. My data shows that for 60 seconds of an 80 second lap, I am cornering in excess of 0.5G.

Glad you had a good weekend with CE. I was there on Friday and got rained out.....
m3bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 02:24 PM   #4
ponyboy96

Drives: 2020 ZLE A10, 2018 F250 Diesel
1:17 is moving. My previous best there was a 1:21 in my ZLE on the old surface. Yes it eats tires. Better be rotating those tires daily.
ponyboy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 03:03 PM   #5
ATl_1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
i think its a good learning track for those starting out. Those that are not finding and holding limit the entire lap are probably fine tire wise i think.
ATl_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 03:44 PM   #6
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
You are way quicker than I. I am in the blue group. It did rain Friday evening as I was in the hotel. Thankfully, it dried up after the 2nd or 3rd group went Saturday morning. I decided to not play the "what time did I run game" with my phone nor PDR. Ij just concentrated on being smooth with my inputs. I still seem to be kind of abrupt on lifting off the throttle coming out of 2 going into 3 and still struggle with wanting to brake there.
The new surface is/was way easier on tires than before according to everyone I heard from.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote