Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-21-2022, 12:24 PM   #1
Psylocubik

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE M6
Psylocubik’s 2022 1SS 1LE “where will it go?”

Been saving pennies for a long time to get a “muscle car”. Finally got over the goal this year and started looking at Mustangs and Camaros. Even entertained MX-5, 370z, Vette, and Z4. Ruled out those last four very quick: corvettes are fun but way too expensive. I really wanted something new. After test driving Mustangs and Camaros, the 1LE manual was the clear winner. Didn’t need all the accoutrements of the 2SS so started searching for a 1SS 1LE manual in gray, steel, or black.

In early August I got super lucky and found my top pick when someone backed out of their order. Davis Chevy in Delano, MN, was close to me (relatively) and they gave me a great deal (below MSRP).

Took delivery on August 6th and couldn’t be happier. What a car!

I finally got time to get the dealer gunk off of it—though I have to say they did a nice job, no swirl—with a good polish, ceramic coated it this weekend.

I have ACS composite rock guards to install and might put side skirts on too though I am partial to no side skirts. I’ll stay away from warranty killers for now, but plan to get some PPE and tint (whenever I can find time to get it to an installer—the joys of living in very remote Michigan).

As soon as warranty is up, I’ll start wrenching on it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Psylocubik; 08-21-2022 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Change title
Psylocubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 06:14 PM   #2
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Congratulations! Beautiful 1LE! You made a good choice with the 1LE manual. It's an awesome car. I also was able to find my 1LE when someone else backed out. Sounds like you got a good deal.

You also made a good choice with the ACS rock guards. My advice is to install them as soon as you can. The wide and sticky tires throw up all kinds of rocks and road debris. And the side skirts also help with that issue. I highly recommend those too.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 10:15 PM   #3
Shawn2SS1LE

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Nice car and great color! Did the dealer forget to install your rear spoiler winglets?
Shawn2SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote