Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 07-14-2022, 10:50 PM   #1
bef18ZL1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Cleaning Noob-Advice Needed

I'm a novice to cleaning a vehicle the correct way. I was one of those who used cheap microfibers, etc from Walmart. New (used) ZL1, so I figured it is time to learn. Car will be garaged year 'round in Midwest. Likely just be normal dust on car.

I found Glen E's old Rinseless posts, but they are old. Here is my cleaning list so far. BTW, I'm not into electric polishers and stuff yet, but suggestions welcome. I know tons of products work well, but I know there are ones ppl agree on disliking. Good YouTubes to follow is welcome as well. I know nothing about how often to do something, etc. Since used car, unsure if it has ceramic coat or ppf.

-Cobra Supreme 530 microfiber 16x16 12 pk
-Duragloss Rinseless w/ Aquawax (Pink stuff) (or McKnees?)
-Cobra Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave 20x40 3pk
-Gold Plush Wash Mitt
-CarPro Essence Enhancer
-CarPro Reload
-Sonax for wheels (Essence after this?)
-Poorboys Natural Look for interior
-Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax...on-the-go touch ups, i.e. birdpoop, quick detail, etc

Future products:
-Foam gun/pressure washer
-White Hand Applicator CCS Euro
-Griots Orbital
bef18ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 11:49 PM   #2
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
I'm a fan of the YouTube channels Pan the Organizer and Ammo NYC.

Everyone will have different opinions on what products they prefer. I like Adams & Chemical Guys for most stuff. As a novice, it's probably best to start off learning the two bucket wash method (with a grit guard ideally) and how to use a foam cannon.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:29 AM   #3
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Here you go

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...sses+beginners

For products as mentioned above, everyone will have different opinions. I use all Meguiar's products with great results over many years.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:28 AM   #4
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
I've been using Meguiar's Waterless Car Wash and Wax for the last several years for when my cars are dusty or have water spots after driving in the rain. I use some higher quality microfiber towels as well.

Saves a lot of time and while my cars aren't perfect, they do look pretty darned good.

I do hand wash when necessary but the Meguair's spray is really good.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:05 AM   #5
PrinceNieves

Drives: lexus
Personally, a good microfiber cloth and a good washing liquid work perfectly for me. I have been using this method for an extended period, and I am very satisfied with it. Truth be told, cleaning your car is not that big of a deal. Still, whenever I do more deep cleaning, I usually call the guys from https://sparklewash.com/woodlands/ to help me with that. So mate, if you need some advice, you better speak with people who are much more experienced in this field. They will certainly help you with good advice.

Last edited by PrinceNieves; 10-18-2022 at 09:02 AM.
PrinceNieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 08:43 PM   #6
bitwise

Drives: 2020 2SS Conv, 2022 Cherry ZL1 Conv
A leaf blower will save a lot of work on grill, engine compartment and tail lights. Amazon Basics Snow Foam Lance is another thing I would recommend. Electric pressure washer with a green tip is fine. Your not trying to blow paint off or sandblast the car. Look for used washers on Facebook Marketplace if your on a budget.

In terms of product, everyone has their favorites and some blow their budget out on fancy brands. There is lots of hype with these products so try a few and see what you like. Some of the better chemicals aren't that expensive. There are only a few products that make a big mess or can't be undone. Be careful with the suede alcantara. Cheap microfiber rags are ok for everything but you will probably like larger or softer ones for specific tasks. I wash my rags and them move from very clean duty to tires only over time. There are plenty of YouTube videos to watch. Enjoy your car.
bitwise is offline   Reply With Quote