Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-16-2022, 08:11 PM   #57
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
The Exorcist will be a 69 Yenko one day but I don’t think a car is a great investment. Other shops can make the same power as the Hennessey setup, but most molested cars don’t sell that well. That badge is worth money.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:30 PM   #58
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
The Exorcist will be a 69 Yenko one day but I don’t think a car is a great investment. Other shops can make the same power as the Hennessey setup, but most molested cars don’t sell that well. That badge is worth money.
Ummm, no it won't. The Camaro Yenko and Exorcist are 2 totally different cars. 1 is way more valuable because it is truly a limited production run from the factory while 1 isn't.

The 67 - 69 Yenko was a factory ordered car.

The Exorcist is a non factory ZL1.

Please don't ever compare the Yenko to this.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:54 PM   #59
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
69 Yenko … super rare car that’s worth a lot of money today if it’s unmolested. One day the Exorcist will meet that definition with most vehicles being EV. Seems like some people need to take a chill pill and accept that others have different opinions on this forum.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:45 PM   #60
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
69 Yenko … super rare car that’s worth a lot of money today if it’s unmolested. One day the Exorcist will meet that definition with most vehicles being EV. Seems like some people need to take a chill pill and accept that others have different opinions on this forum.
2 totally different cars my friend. One is factory built and another is modified and stickers slapped on it.

Learn the difference.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 06:57 AM   #61
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Just like the different opinions we see here, so goes the theory about "molested cars don't sell well". Many cars modded by well known and established builders are sought after because of who built them. And it allows a buyer to buy a built car at a lower price than the original owner. Yes, some "molested" cars are not worth buying.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:01 AM   #62
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
A surefire way to create a popular thread here is to say something positive about Hennessey, but you'll get more negative than positive comments. Jealousy is such an ugly trait.

I get the point you make and it's a good one. Yenko built a reputation for being the go-to place for go-fast goodies by offering performance parts, as well as modifying your vehicle for you at the dealership.

Yenko ordered Camaros from the factory and modified them in various ways into high performance cars. Hennessey does the same thing.

The Exorcist would blow the doors off most or all original Yenkos.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.

Last edited by JSH; 01-17-2022 at 08:26 AM.
JSH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:38 AM   #63
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Another reputable builder/tuner would be Jannetty. There are tons of shops out there that can put together a package for much less than what Hennessey will do for you.
We appreciate the recommendation, Thank you!

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:42 AM   #64
JSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
We appreciate the recommendation, Thank you!

Ted.
Ted,
How much do you charge, incl. shipping and warranty, for an 850 hp ZL1 on 93 oct., and virgin OEM supercharger?
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:03 AM   #65
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Ted,
How much do you charge, incl. shipping and warranty, for an 850 hp ZL1 on 93 oct., and virgin OEM supercharger?
First we must note that 850 HP is not 850 RWHP it is like 740 RWHP.

We do not believe in using the stock supercharger it is not the right thing to do, it's too small and the intercoolers inside it are in adequate for that much power.

We offer an 800-850 RWHP package (depending on available octane in your area) that includes a TVS 2650, Cam Headers and supporting mods for around the same money depending on options you choose.

When comparing packages please don't jump down to the bottom line numbers look at what you are actually getting detailed parts list, and services to install those parts properly.

All of our builds now include an ATI superdamper whether you want it or not.

If you are interested in a package of any level please call me directly I will be happy to discuss with you and provide detailed estimate. 203-753-7223

Warranty, We have to define the definition of Warranty, is it a warranty where the manufacturer stands behind it, or an insurance policy they sell you, where the insurance company fights with you about coverage, and there are tons of loopholes for them to get out of covering the claim?

There is no way for a Company to take on the Warranty like a major car manufacturer does when modifying an existing used, car to make more power due to how the car will be used and the simple fact that the core parts being reused are not designed from the ground up to handle that much power under sustained use and abusive conditions.

Most people that buy these big name builds put them in the garage and talk about them more than drive them.

I build cars to be driven like you stole them but also accept the responsibility that goes along with it.

The saying goes Race it, Break it, Fix it, Repeat!

Ted.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:15 AM   #66
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:

We do not believe in using the stock supercharger it is not the right thing to do, it's too small and the intercoolers inside it are in adequate for that much power.

We offer an 800-850 RWHP package (depending on available octane in your area) that includes a TVS 2650, Cam Headers and supporting mods for around the same money depending on options you choose.

When comparing packages please don't jump down to the bottom line numbers look at what you are actually getting detailed parts list, and services to install those parts properly.

If you are interested in a package of any level please call me directly I will be happy to discuss with you and provide detailed estimate. 203-753-7223

Warranty, We have to define the definition of Warranty, is it a warranty where the manufacturer stands behind it, or an insurance policy they sell you, where the insurance company fights with you about coverage, and there are tons of loopholes for them to get out of covering the claim?

There is no way for a Company to take on the Warranty like a major car manufacturer does when modifying an existing used, car to make more power due to how the car will be used and the simple fact that the core parts being reused are not designed from the ground up to handle that much power under sustained use and abusive conditions.

Most people that buy these big name builds put them in the garage and talk about them more than drive them.

I build cars to be driven like you stole them but also accept the responsibility that goes along with it.

Ted.
An honest and professional person and company right here. Thanks Ted!

And look kids, no emblem.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 09:56 AM   #67
JSH

I asked about 850 hp because this thread is about Hennessey's 1000 hp Exorcist and presumably everyone here knows that Hennessey, like KaTech and many other builders, only quotes crank hp.

I asked about shipping and warranty because both are, or were 2 years ago, in HPE's price. HPE honored my warranty by shipping my car back to Houston to checkout what I called "short shifting", which turned out to be nothing but GM TCM issues.

Quote:

Ted.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:44 AM   #68
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I asked about 850 hp because this thread is about Hennessey's 1000 hp Exorcist and presumably everyone here knows that Hennessey, like KaTech and many other builders, only quotes crank hp.

I asked about shipping and warranty because both are, or were 2 years ago, in HPE's price. HPE honored my warranty by shipping my car back to Houston to checkout what I called "short shifting", which turned out to be nothing but GM TCM issues.
I can understand that but I would never Presume anything.

This is a long Thread and I was mentioned on the last page, so I though I would chime and and try to help.

We certainly always take care of any concerns a customer may have whether it is a 100.00 dollar job or a 100,000.00 Job, on a case by case basis.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:14 PM   #69
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
There is more than enough info in this thread, on this forum, on other forums, and all over FB for people to make an informed decision. If you have $55K and you're looking to invest it, then buying an Exorcist package is not the way to do it. That would be foolish. If you want a highly modded ZL1, then you don't need to spend $55K for what other shops are doing for around $20K. And people who spent over $20K just to end up with a standard ported stock blower and less than 700 RWHP on pump gas should have shopped around better. Whatever they spent, I assure you they ended up spending even more down the road on a chiller and other items that they ended up needing. Learn from their mistakes and spend your money wiser. And listen to those of us trying to guide you the right way. If you do then you'll end up spending less money but having a quality build and making more power on pump gas than some of these guys are making on 100 octane or 50% ethanol. Choose wisely.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 02:08 PM   #70
IrocTodd

Drives: 18hyperbluzl1/22C8
mines going to Ted hopefully in March if I can get it out of storage. The ugly sister to Teds ZLE. Already paid for most of the parts unless of course I add some more stuff to the build. I can't wait it's going to be awesome. Hey Ted I'm going to pop in this week probably tomorrow gotta get your thoughts on a couple things I might want to add to the build
IrocTodd is offline   Reply With Quote