Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-07-2017, 01:10 PM   #29
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Black1LESS View Post
There is no difference except the slash, the Z/28 or Z28 was the top Camaro from '73-'95.
The Z/28 badge means something. The Z28 badge is just something they slapped on any V8 car, even if handling was not the priority.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:15 PM   #30
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The Z/28 badge means something. The Z28 badge is just something they slapped on any V8 car, even if handling was not the priority.
Wrong. They didn't slap the "Z28" badge on any V8 car. Z28 was only designated to the Camaro. The Z/28 badge on the 5th Gen is in reference to the 1st Gen Z/28. The SS badge is actually what they slapped on just about any car.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:01 PM   #31
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Think that will sell, but that's not a Z/28 that's the Z28 cars of the past, as Al said the Z/28 needs to be true to its heritage, it will be IMO the top track car.
I just can't fathom how they can make an NA car beat out the ZL1 1LE. I just can't see it, with out it being insanley expensive. I also go back to the fact Team Corvette couldn't get the power they wanted for the Z06 so they went supercharger. Why would team camaro be able to do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbambino22 View Post
The slash makes the difference Guess you forgot about what Al O stated about bringing the slash back. Yes the slash makes it different
The whole slash thing to me is crazy. Everyone mentions that losing the slash in 73 was no longer a true Z/28 but yet they only seem to reference the 67-69 Cars with /. What about 70 1/2 to 72? Yes the name did lose it's purpose when they just slapped it on every V8 camaro but I don't see how my recipe of best NA track camaro wouldn't hold true to heritage. Like I said, I just don't see an N/A Camaro dethroning the ZL1-1LE. I'd love to be wrong I just don't see it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:14 PM   #32
Bhobbs

Quote:
Wrong. They didn't slap the "Z28" badge on any V8 car. Z28 was only designated to the Camaro. The Z/28 badge on the 5th Gen is in reference to the 1st Gen Z/28. The SS badge is actually what they slapped on just about any car.
Obviously, this is a discussion of the Camaro. The Z28 badge was treated like the SS badge.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:26 PM   #33
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Obviously, this is a discussion of the Camaro. The Z28 badge was treated like the SS badge.
No, the SS badge has also been put on the Cobalt, Silverado, Monte Carlo, Impala, etc., and was first put on a Corvette. The Z28 badge was only put on a Camaro so your statement that said "The Z28 badge is just something they slapped on any V8 car" is wrong. Saying "any car" would imply cars other than a Camaro.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:26 PM   #34
Bhobbs

Quote:
No, the SS badge has also been put on the Cobalt, Silverado, Monte Carlo, Impala, etc., and was first put on a Corvette. The Z28 badge was only put on a Camaro so your statement that said "The Z28 badge is just something they slapped on any V8 car" is wrong. Saying "any car" would imply cars other than a Camaro.
In the context of the Camaro, the Z28 badge meant nothing. It was just a badge, like the SS. It may have never been applied to any car other than the Camaro, but it still was just applied to any Camaro, without any priority on handling.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:34 PM   #35
chain777

Drives: Slow
Really? A badges argument now??

https://youtu.be/VqomZQMZQCQ
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:08 PM   #36
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Just a reminder folks:

Quote:
1) Respect & Be Helpful — By far, the most important rule here. Generations of GM enthusiasts have come together through a shared passion for the car and the community, so the golden rule applies: Treat others as you wish to be treated. This means no foul language, insults, or rude remarks towards other members.

We’re here as a family of enthusiasts, and we should act accordingly. And since the site is constantly gaining new members, please go out of your way to help answer others’ questions in an effort to make this an even better community. Shunning new members’ questions or rudely telling others to “search for it” is extremely discouraged.

2) Agree to disagree — We encourage spirited discussions where members can contribute to the forum, and we understand that not everyone will be in agreement on a particular subject. However, repeated opposing posts with disrespectful intent to ‘win’ a debate will be moderated accordingly.
-DG
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:15 AM   #37
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Hi guys, so you know all this is fun, but non of use know with a 100% certainty of whats coming, and any time i post, it's what i think and hope come out, we are all camaro fans, so lets have fun, and hope that we all get the best car that GM can make.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #38
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Hi guys, so you know all this is fun, but non of use know with a 100% certainty of whats coming, and any time i post, it's what i think and hope come out, we are all camaro fans, so lets have fun, and hope that we all get the best car that GM can make.

I will repeat what I said earlier. To date every generation has had a Z/28 option. In the case of the 4th gen it simply depicted the V8 version of the Camaro. Yet, it was still one of the hottest pony cars on the market.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #39
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post

I will repeat what I said earlier. To date every generation has had a Z/28 option. In the case of the 4th gen it simply depicted the V8 version of the Camaro. Yet, it was still one of the hottest pony cars on the market.
While I think this is possibly the strongest argument to make about 'why' GM will eventually produce a Z/28 it is hard to also argue against the logic that it most likely not be able to improve over the ZL1 1LE performance-wise on a the track without exorbitant costs which as we know will be a huge wet blanket on sales.

I would love to see a lightweighted Gen 6 Z/28 with some gnarly NA V8 and a low amount of options etc similar to the Gen V. BUT - the ZL1 1LE would most likely eat its lunch on any track so why would GM do that?

I think GM dropped the ball by naming the ZL1 1LE what they did versus making it the new Z/28 (FI or not).

So, if GM does offer a Gen 6 Z/28 I think it's very likely we won't see it until the end of the Gen 6 build cycle like they did with the 5th Gen Z/28 and the C7 ZR1.

It most likely won't be anytime soon, if at all. I hope I am wrong!
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:34 PM   #40
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
While I think this is possibly the strongest argument to make about 'why' GM will eventually produce a Z/28 it is hard to also argue against the logic that it most likely not be able to improve over the ZL1 1LE performance-wise on a the track without exorbitant costs which as we know will be a huge wet blanket on sales.

I would love to see a lightweighted Gen 6 Z/28 with some gnarly NA V8 and a low amount of options etc similar to the Gen V. BUT - the ZL1 1LE would most likely eat its lunch on any track so why would GM do that?

I think GM dropped the ball by naming the ZL1 1LE what they did versus making it the new Z/28 (FI or not).

So, if GM does offer a Gen 6 Z/28 I think it's very likely we won't see it until the end of the Gen 6 build cycle like they did with the 5th Gen Z/28 and the C7 ZR1.

Regarding the bolded. I seem to recall that sighting of the camo-ed ZL1 1LE, it was assumed that it was the Z/28. With the Z06, which was considered the hardcore track corvette, now supercharged why wouldn't the Z/28 also be supercharged.

I don't see how they can come up with a NA version of the Camaro that could beat a ZL1 around a track. If they did it would be a limited edition halo car with an unreasonable price tag (a price that would make a Z06 a more reasonable option).

To the readers, I made this thread because I kept reading thread after thread that simply stated speculation about what the next Z/28 should be and what we might expect should they make one. But I saw no references to actual development. Since I simply didn't have the time to look at all the threads for said evidence, I simply asked the question so more informed people could point to it.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #41
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post

There are a lot of guys that don't want a FI car. A NA Z/28 could fill the same roll that the Grand Sport does for Corvette. IIRC, the GS was the top selling model toward the end of C6.

SS-1LE => Z/28 => ZL1-1LE
Z51 => GS => Z06

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:01 PM   #42
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
More from the bleachers

How about just swap a hot LT1 into the ZL1 1LE with more race inspired seats, rear seat delete and a gear change.
Cost effective and easy to produce.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote