#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Forced Induction

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-18-2022, 12:50 PM   #1
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
LT4 hpfp & (7) injectors

LT4 hpfp with 10k miles $500

SEVEN LT4 injectors with 10k miles $200. Here's their story: dropped a valve and gernaded my entire motor, blower and all last fall. Sent blower to Superchargers online to get rotor pack replaced. They offered me a deal to clean and test the injectors at a very reasonable price, so I took them up on it. Got everything back & reassembled. Was working on the tuning when cylinder #4 went completely dead. Took injectors to Fuel Injector Connection. John checked them out and verified #4 was not firing. As much of a pain as it is to swap an Injector with a PD blower, I said to hell with it, give me a complete new set. The original injectors performed well for around 200 miles. I have no idea why #4 quit. Seriously doubt any of the others will give any trouble at all, just wanted to accurately describe the history of the parts. I'll include the bad Injector also. It's entirely possible that it can be cleaned again and will work fine.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 03:25 PM   #2
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
So what's to say the other 7 won't follow suit ?
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #3
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by asthmamax11 View Post
So what's to say the other 7 won't follow suit ?
Well, nothing I suppose but in my mind, there's no reason to think that they will either. I bought them new, and they performed flawlessly for around 15k miles. My motor dropped a valve and completely trashed the affected cylinder. I suspect the bad injector came from this cylinder, and should have marked it somehow before I sent all 8 injectors
to Superchargers online. There was no visible damage to any of the injectors. The only reason I didn't replace the one from the bad cylinder is because SCOL said that if they could tell if there was a problem with it or any of the other 7 injectors. SCOL cleaned and tested all 8 injectors. The "bad" one ran fine for a couple hundred miles. Can't say for sure what the problem was, but also cannot see why the other injectors would be any more suspect than any other used parts
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote