Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-27-2019, 01:14 PM   #5643
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe944 View Post
From the data we've gathered so far it does look like the GT500 will have the ZL1's number on most tracks.

I'm mostly curious to see how the battles play out on the technical tracks with ZLE vs CFTP.

It is hilarious to see the fanboys on both sides claiming total domination over the opposition by cherry-picking the minuscule amount of data we have so far.
Always is, it is a time honored never ending tradition.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:25 PM   #5644
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
This is a very good, very fair analysis. Tracks will very likely matter. I would expect the GT500 to win, if only by the slimmest margins, in all but the most technical tracks. Ford has had a lot of time to dissect the ZL1 and make certain that GT500 hits the mark wherever possible. The single limiting factor could be the chassis. How much was Ford able to do to the S550 to bridge the gap with Alpha and neutralize Camaro advantages in the corners? Given my brief time with 2017 and 2019 GT350s, they've made some really significant improvements. Assuming the GT500 is better than the GT350 I last drove, it's gonna be very interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Approaching 500 pounds more, and wearing inferior tires in comparison, I would not be shocked to see the base 500 lose to the 350 on very technical tracks. I think tight tracks are going to eat up the base GT500.
Also along with that extra weight I would thing the GT500's suspension setup would need to actually be better than the GT350R. If it is simply just as good then I don't think that would cut it. And it would prove my point of the GT500 not being a good track car but just a car that does good on a particular track.

Also, really at this point all we have to go by is what it does against the C8 Z51. Not for nothin but the Base Vette is not really going to shock the world around a track even if it does very well in a straight line. So really the Z51 is the bottom of the barrel for the Vettes when it comes to being straight up performance oriented. We're at the final credits on what the Mustang can do and for GM the movie hasn't even started. And it's not even a knockout punch at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I’m kicking myself for not leasing a Charger Hellcat last year around this time. I could’ve gotten one with 0 down and around $600 a month. It was a screaming deal, but my wife wanted the BMW (at $200 more a month with 5k down). But, it is her fun car and she was worried about RWD even with snows in our area. She lets me get what I want so I can’t complain. But, what a fun garage that would’ve been with the ZLE and Hellcat in it.
Which Bimmer was it?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 02:17 PM   #5645
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Also along with that extra weight I would thing the GT500's suspension setup would need to actually be better than the GT350R. If it is simply just as good then I don't think that would cut it. And it would prove my point of the GT500 not being a good track car but just a car that does good on a particular track.

Also, really at this point all we have to go by is what it does against the C8 Z51. Not for nothin but the Base Vette is not really going to shock the world around a track even if it does very well in a straight line. So really the Z51 is the bottom of the barrel for the Vettes when it comes to being straight up performance oriented. We're at the final credits on what the Mustang can do and for GM the movie hasn't even started. And it's not even a knockout punch at this point.

Which Bimmer was it?
Faux M...........M550 xDrive of course. It's definitely quick and comfy, but boring like most Bimmers nowadays.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:53 PM   #5646
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Faux M...........M550 xDrive of course. It's definitely quick and comfy, but boring like most Bimmers nowadays.
They are boring. But they are excellent in snow. I actually look forward to snow now.

And you can always go get a used Hellcat. You can find a 2017 with low miles for somewhere in the mid $40K range. I'm actually gonna turn in my lease in a few months and look to get an auto 2017 Hellcat. The M6 HC is fun but I wanna drag it a bit more and for that I'm better off with the A8. You should look into one. The 15 and 16s are even cheaper. Low $40K and some in the high $30K even. And if you're gonna mod it to Hell and back then I'd say get the cheapest one you can find and have at it!!
Old 12-27-2019, 03:36 PM   #5647
minn19

Quote:
They are boring. But they are excellent in snow. I actually look forward to snow now.

And you can always go get a used Hellcat. You can find a 2017 with low miles for somewhere in the mid $40K range. I'm actually gonna turn in my lease in a few months and look to get an auto 2017 Hellcat. The M6 HC is fun but I wanna drag it a bit more and for that I'm better off with the A8. You should look into one. The 15 and 16s are even cheaper. Low $40K and some in the high $30K even. And if you're gonna mod it to Hell and back then I'd say get the cheapest one you can find and have at it!!
That would be a lot of fun to. 40k range for a 4 door family car is a lot of fun car for the money!

They are great in snow and nice inside etc, but after many BMWs (many Ms to) I'm mostly over them. Too many others are making much more fun cars and not gouging you to the degree BMW (any German make) does to own them.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:59 AM   #5648
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Does the CF come with the roll cage or is that on the Base? LOL!!
Old 12-28-2019, 06:30 AM   #5649
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Does the CF come with the roll cage or is that on the Base? LOL!!
Must come with both, as that it how they were sent by Ford. Must be a hidden option no on knew about.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 02:12 PM   #5650
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:

I did love my manual TT 3 series sport. A ton of fun to drive and with the sedan really practical. Some where BMW its way. GM is trying to be like older BMWs. They largely succeeded, but it does not sell for them. :( To me the Camaro is like a somewhat affordable 3 series with a Chevy small block.

Did you lease the Hellcat or ZL1? I remember trying to lease a 350Z and it was twice as expensive a month as buying it. All of these cars, except for the GT 350 and the Demon, lose value like a house afire. Except maybe the C8 for a year or two. If I was going to buy a heavily depreciated asset I might get a 5th gen Z/28 with AC. It is a shame the SS 1LE did not get a LS7 option. My only mod to the Z/28 would be a good but not great (too heavy) modern sound system and an Android Head unit.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:51 PM   #5651
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Did you lease the Hellcat or ZL1? I remember trying to lease a 350Z and it was twice as expensive a month as buying it. All of these cars, except for the GT 350 and the Demon, lose value like a house afire. Except maybe the C8 for a year or two. If I was going to buy a heavily depreciated asset I might get a 5th gen Z/28 with AC. It is a shame the SS 1LE did not get a LS7 option. My only mod to the Z/28 would be a good but not great (too heavy) modern sound system and an Android Head unit.
The HC was a lease and it was not a bad price. Unfortunately tho I had to roll a few thousand into it for a vehicle that I was upside down in. I leased it because I did not want to get stuck with it if the values started to plummet. I figured if they keep value then I'll buy it out but if they keep losing value then I can walk away from it. And good thing I did because they are losing value. I'd hate being stuck in something that I can't get out of. And I want something different now. It was a great car for the 3 years I (will have) owned it but I'm ready to move on.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:02 PM   #5652
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
The HC was a lease and it was not a bad price. Unfortunately tho I had to roll a few thousand into it for a vehicle that I was upside down in. I leased it because I did not want to get stuck with it if the values started to plummet. I figured if they keep value then I'll buy it out but if they keep losing value then I can walk away from it. And good thing I did because they are losing value. I'd hate being stuck in something that I can't get out of. And I want something different now. It was a great car for the 3 years I (will have) owned it but I'm ready to move on.
How does an ultra wealthy guy like you get upside down in a car loan? My broke ass usually puts 20-50% down. So this never happens. Did you not have a down payment on a car you bought? Or maybe you didn't understand your lease agreement. And put a ton of miles on a car? Just trying to understand how this happens.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 03:47 PM   #5653
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

And my C8 order officially goes in on Friday!! I was told that production starts in February 2020 and the first deliveries will be soon after that!! I'm guessing I got moved up the list so that is a good thing!! I was originally expecting mid to late 2020. But now maybe it'll be early to mid 2020!! I was also told that my dealership has sold all it's allocations! They had 15 of them.

And since the 2020 C8s are all sold it does look like some dealerships are trying to charge markups. One guy on Ebay is selling his allocation and the bid is up to $45K. LOL!! Maybe I'll just sell mine with like 45 miles on it and make some money!
Old 12-28-2019, 03:48 PM   #5654
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
How does an ultra wealthy guy like you get upside down in a car loan? My broke ass usually puts 20-50% down. So this never happens. Did you not have a down payment on a car you bought? Or maybe you didn't understand your lease agreement. And put a ton of miles on a car? Just trying to understand how this happens.
And people are calling Blaq a loudmouth?

Pretty easy, a lot of people don’t mind higher payments and keep their cash in the bank or investments. Rolling over a few k into a lease and then paying it off over three years isn’t horrible. It only adds about $90 to a lease payment.

I think if think hard enough even you can figure out how this happens.
Old 12-28-2019, 04:16 PM   #5655
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
And people are calling Blaq a loudmouth?

Pretty easy, a lot of people don’t mind higher payments and keep their cash in the bank or investments. Rolling over a few k into a lease and then paying it off over three years isn’t horrible. It only adds about $90 to a lease payment.

I think if think hard enough even you can figure out how this happens.
Have you figured out how to put oil in your car yet.? You can answer for other people but couldn’t figure out how to put oil in your Mustang. If I’m talking to you. I’ll quote you.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:22 PM   #5656
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
Read that everybody? We need the troll’s permission to address him directly.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote