Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 02-27-2022, 09:25 PM   #1
Nate76

Drives: 2022 2SS Convertible
Top lubrication tips

Just wondering if anyone wanted to share they type, frequency, brands that they use to lubricate all the moving parts of the roof. I can’t seem to find any videos of it and I just want to make sure that I’m taking care of my car correctly. Any tips on making the roof most accessible and easy to get at? What equipment is best to apply the lubrication? Is there a way to partially open the roof and have it remain in that position for the duration? Really anything you’ve got that could be useful. Thanks in advance!
Nate76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 05:42 AM   #2
Uk2019
UK2019

Drives: Camaro 2017 2ss/eu spec convertible
I use a combination of silicone lubricant spray and lithium grease depending on the part of the mechanism. If you start the top moving and release the button at various points, you'll have a good minute or so before the system depressurises and starts to move. Best to do it with someone else in the car who can push the button in short bursts to keep it pressurised and move it to allow access.
Uk2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 08:39 PM   #3
Nate76

Drives: 2022 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk2019 View Post
I use a combination of silicone lubricant spray and lithium grease depending on the part of the mechanism. If you start the top moving and release the button at various points, you'll have a good minute or so before the system depressurises and starts to move. Best to do it with someone else in the car who can push the button in short bursts to keep it pressurised and move it to allow access.
Thanks! Good advice.
Nate76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convertible lubrication, top lubrication