Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 05-31-2022, 10:22 AM   #1
N757AF

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
20 SS 1LE alignment "1LE track" profile from factory?

Howdy - have a 2020 SS 1LE and at roughly 10,500 miles the stock Goodyear Eagle F1's are completely toast. Just replaced them with the same tire and stopped by the chevy dealership after to schedule an alignment. The service advisor said there were "1LE" and "1LE Track" profiles for the alignment and asked which one I wanted.

Anyone know how the Camaro 1LE is set up from the factory? The service advisor didn't know but said I'd get more tire life out of the regular "1LE" alignment vs the "ILE Track" alignment. Is that true? If my 1LE came with the regular alignment and roasted the tires at 10k miles, then god knows what mileage I'd get out of the track alignment.
N757AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 10:24 AM   #2
Osbornsm

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
The alignment is not perfect from the factory. In fact, you need a lot more camber.

Your car has the "FE4" suspension, when they look it up on the alignment rack.

Mods: Rotofab, Nick Williams 103mm TB, MSD IM, Kooks 1 7/8
Results: 470 hp / 447 tq
Osbornsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:04 AM   #3
PJS57

Drives: 2023 Cadillac CT4
10,500 miles out of the stock Goodyears on a 1LE sounds about right. They don't last long but are quite grippy in the dry. If you aren't doing track days/autocross I'd recommend the Continental DWS 06 all seasons. You'll get a lot more mileage out of them, and they are a lot better in the rain. Would not recommend them for the track though.

As for alignment, I have not measured my 1LE but my eyecrometer says it's not a track alignment on the car from the factory. Looks like ~1 degree of camber front & rear which looks more like a regular street alignment. Will have to measure this soon to be sure.
PJS57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:11 AM   #4
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
I assume the dealer is referring to the 1LE alignment as the factory street alignment specs and the 1LE Track Alignment as the specs listed in the track prep guide.

Not sure what the street spec is, but the track alignment for a SS 1LE is -2 degrees camber up front and -1.5 degrees camber in the rear.

Since you're looking to optimize tire wear and it doesn't sound like you track the car, you want to stick with the street alignment (or what I'm assuming the dealer is calling 1LE alignment).
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 01:31 PM   #5
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
The track alignment in the supplement will not increase wear appreciably and its not really all that "aggressive" but does not come OE at that setting.

It's TOE that eats tires, not camber. Contrary to what most people think or tell you.

My 1LE was toed out at 10K miles and had eaten the front tires sooner than they should have been.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote