Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-31-2022, 06:41 PM   #1
Dexterpoole2014

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Instrument cluster/ "service" warning notifications

2018 A10 ZL1 Instrument cluster going bad?

About 2 weeks ago my instrument cluster seemed to stop working. all gauges go to "0" and I get service stabilitrak, service airbag, service rear axle, "you are driver 1 memory" or something like that and a couple of other "service" notifications. Turning the car on and off becomes temperamental but the longer I let the car sit after turning it off, the longer it takes for my instrument cluster to go bad. Once it goes bad and i want to turn the car off, i press the button once and the ignition button light is off but the engine is still running. then i press it again and the orange ignition light is on but the engine is still running, THEN i press it again and finally the engine turns off along with everything else. I used HP Tuners to see if it throws any codes and I got a few:

U0078- control module communication BUS F off
U0100- Lost Communication with ECM/PCM A
U012A- Lost Communication with Chassis control module A
U042B- Invalid data received from chassis control module A
U0140- Lost Comm with body control module
U0151- lost comm with restraints module
U1804- (didn't give me a description)

I have replaced my battery with a new one, checked voltage with a multimeter with the car on and off and everything looks good. Ive been to the dealer once and they reflashed my ecm under a tsb. I had the same issues 24hrs later. The 2nd time at the dealer they told me that those are "low voltage codes" so they charged my battery thinking that the new battery had sat on the shelf and needed a charge.

any suggestions as of now???

It is currently at the dealer for the 3rd time and they are looking into it more now but I am currently losing hope. I drove it from virginia to ohio on leave and have gone for almost 3 weeks without my car and 3rd time at the dealer.
Dexterpoole2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 09:32 PM   #2
cash2life

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS 1LE
I am now having a very similar issue with my 2022
cash2life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 02:04 PM   #3
dschumann

Drives: '22 Satin Steel Metallic ZL1
I am having the very same issue as of last night. Today I checked battery and it showed 12.3 volts and 71%. I put my Schumacher charger on, toped it off and it showed 12.6 volts 100%. About a mile down the road it started throwing the same codes mentioned above, once again. I leave the car running, grab my Fluke and check voltage to the battery as it is running. The meter shows 14.8 volts as the car is running. I turn the car off and battery reads 12.3 volts and 73% capacity. This all seems weird since it is a 2022 ZL1 and I've had it since March. I'll go grab a new AC Delco battery and see where that gets me.
dschumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:50 PM   #4
Dexterpoole2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschumann View Post
I am having the very same issue as of last night. Today I checked battery and it showed 12.3 volts and 71%. I put my Schumacher charger on, toped it off and it showed 12.6 volts 100%. About a mile down the road it started throwing the same codes mentioned above, once again. I leave the car running, grab my Fluke and check voltage to the battery as it is running. The meter shows 14.8 volts as the car is running. I turn the car off and battery reads 12.3 volts and 73% capacity. This all seems weird since it is a 2022 ZL1 and I've had it since March. I'll go grab a new AC Delco battery and see where that gets me.
did you ever find out the issue? i ended up selling the car to white allen chevrolet in dayton ohio. I know they didnt fix it and its for sale on their lot lol
Old 10-10-2022, 02:51 PM   #5
Dexterpoole2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash2life View Post
I am now having a very similar issue with my 2022
did you ever get it fixed?

Tags
gauges, instrument cluster, u0100