Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 03-15-2022, 02:19 PM   #29
PJS57

Drives: 2023 Cadillac CT4
Mass tuning has a couple events at NHMS this year, and I believe SCCA track night has a couple as well. Check out Mass tuning here:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...england-194609

Hoping the rain tonight & this weekend will wash off all that salt put down last Saturday. REALLY itching to get my 1LE out of storage for next week.
PJS57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 06:09 PM   #30
applecore671

Drives: Cruze, Silverado, future 2SS 1LE
Thanks for the awesome review. I am waiting on mine to arrive. Like you, I found one that is listed as in transit and put cash down here on it a few months ago. It finally started it’s journey home! Lol. Mine is black as well. Loaded with everything except the sunroof. Has alloy pedals, red seatbelts, red knee pads, strut tower brace, and pdr. Can’t wait to get behind the wheel and rip through the gears!
applecore671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 05:22 AM   #31
Bad 1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Nice that you found one in transit! I checked the Chevy site every day. Got jerked around on the phone/emails a bunch before I found a good dealer. Almost gave up, so glad I didn't!

I may sign up with COM Sports Car Club. We ran a few days with them maybe 15 years ago. Had a lot of fun and they seemed to be a great group of guys. They run at Palmer and a few others too. Haven't been to Palmer but its only a couple hours west. I hear its a nice facility.

This summer's schedule will make it a bit of a stretch to get a bunch of track days in, but I really want to put this car in it's element and use it for what it was meant for. I'm not going out there to play hero, just want to have some fun.
Old 03-16-2022, 12:39 PM   #32
tarmelter

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJS57 View Post
Mass tuning has a couple events at NHMS this year, and I believe SCCA track night has a couple as well. Check out Mass tuning here:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...england-194609

Hoping the rain tonight & this weekend will wash off all that salt put down last Saturday. REALLY itching to get my 1LE out of storage for next week.
thank you! You may see me at one of these events!
Old 03-24-2022, 05:26 AM   #33
Bad 1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quick add-in. For those that care about fuel economy, lol.

The Continental ECS has been a very civilized street tire in the cold, pouring rain, etc. Hard to say if they improved mileage because I had almost no time on the SC3 tires and the car is/was breaking in while they were on there.

If by chance I drive the car like a sane person and get it into 5th to cruise around in around 1500-1700ish rpm, I'm averaging 18 mpg around town without much fuss. Basically if you get it into an overdriven gear as soon as reasonable, without lugging it its surprisingly decent on fuel. Its been as high as 19.5, but it takes a lot to keep it there on short trips. Idling to warm up the car on real cold days will knock it down a little, and excessive use of the right foot immediately results in vaporized dollar bills coming out of the exhaust, but its really not bad overall.

The 16mpg city rating is fairly accurate but if you are mindfull, you can squeak out a little more if needed. Just putting it out there for anyone looking to get in the seat of an LT1 powered machine, wondering about the real world fuel economy. Personally, I'm not too concerned about mpg, but the last tank being around $5 per gallon, I'm sure there are people out there thinking about buying a Camaro wondering how much it will really cost to own.

Last edited by Bad 1LE; 03-24-2022 at 02:18 PM.
Bad 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 06:50 AM   #34
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayvan View Post
Many, many track-days, I've *never* missed a shift. I love the shifter. You may need to change your trans-oil. For 20 bux, you can delete skip-shift "feature" while your under there...
im simply referring to the linkage setup. my shifter is sloppy as hell. probably the 200+ 1-4 pulls.