Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-20-2021, 08:30 PM   #617
SoChrisB

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Your only option with this blower is to lower boost, you are simply spinning the blower too fast, anything below a 3.6 overwhelms the intercooler brick.

Or move to a larger blower like Whipple 2.9, I have one in stock if that helps.
Or get an interchiller and never go over 80 degrees ever again.
SoChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:35 PM   #618
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoChrisB View Post
Or get an interchiller and never go over 80 degrees ever again.
I disagree, I performed all the development of big power on that blower, We ran Ice water through it still gained 90 Degrees from start temp, in 1/4 mile.

And this was after porting, and Phenolic spacers.

So unless you start at -20 Degree IAT I can assure you it will go well over 80 degrees.

The intercooler brick is the Limiting factor.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:44 PM   #619
SoChrisB

Quote:
I disagree, I performed all the development of big power on that blower, We ran Ice water through it still gained 90 Degrees from start temp, in 1/4 mile.

And this was after porting, and Phenolic spacers.

So unless you start at -20 Degree IAT I can assure you it will go well over 80 degrees.

The intercooler brick is the Limiting factor.

Ted.
I have a whipple with a ton of boost and run an interchiller with trunk tank. At LS Fest last week I was 40-50 in staging without ice. Never went over 100 on a run.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:42 PM   #620
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
I have a whipple with a ton of boost and run an interchiller with trunk tank. At LS Fest last week I was 40-50 in staging without ice. Never went over 100 on a run.
That is a Whipple NOT a Maggie, No comparison, Whipple has Double the intercooler brick, see my suggestions above

Quote:
Your only option with this blower is to lower boost, you are simply spinning the blower too fast, anything below a 3.6 overwhelms the intercooler brick.

Or move to a larger blower like Whipple 2.9, I have one in stock if that helps.
I don't believe you have 2000 lbs of boost LOL
Old 09-21-2021, 09:44 PM   #621
SoChrisB

Quote:
That is a Whipple NOT a Maggie, No comparison, Whipple has Double the intercooler brick, see my suggestions above

I don't believe you have 2000 lbs of boost LOL
I've seen it work on Maggies too. CSP and others have done a few.

Yeah, slightly less than 2k lbs. Just a smidgen lol
Old 09-22-2021, 05:56 AM   #622
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
Quote:
I've seen it work on Maggies too. CSP and others have done a few.

Yeah, slightly less than 2k lbs. Just a smidgen lol
Hey Chris. We have to get together, looking into getting a interchiller and would like to see yours set up.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:33 AM   #623
SoChrisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartagliazl1 View Post
Hey Chris. We have to get together, looking into getting a interchiller and would like to see yours set up.
Definitely should. Hope all is well with you man. Can meet up whenever (we aren't far from each other). Also, not sure if you have been following but 585 RaceWarz is no more. Upstate NY No Prep is the new gig in town. I'm on the board for it. Next event is Oct 9th at Ledgedale Airpark. Interchiller is worth every penny, IMO.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:27 PM   #624
11REDSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
What would you recommend for a tuner? Just picked up a 2011 SS and I am looking to go boost in the future, not sure turbo or sc but will be boosted in a couple of years. Want to do some mods like CA! And cat back exhaust before. Want to buy the tuning platform once, i know i will have to pay for revisions later on
Thank you in adavance
11REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 09:32 AM   #625
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11REDSS View Post
What would you recommend for a tuner? Just picked up a 2011 SS and I am looking to go boost in the future, not sure turbo or sc but will be boosted in a couple of years. Want to do some mods like CA! And cat back exhaust before. Want to buy the tuning platform once, i know i will have to pay for revisions later on
Thank you in adavance
Our go to has always been SCT for the last 11 years with the buy parts from me get tunes for those parts free program.

However Recent upgrades to Hptuners (being able to tune the FSCM for example) has made it a great option for more serious builds, 800 RWHP and above, but it does not carry the FREE tune program but does carry discounts on tuning with part purchases.

I can get the exact same results from either tuning platform.

Ted.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:11 PM   #626
ccutaia

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS,
12 LBS of Boost safe?

Hi Ted, I am currently running a 3.875 pulley on the 2.9L Whipple you sold me with a stock motor, 17/8 long tube headers, 3" cats, and 3" exhaust. ZL1 fuel pump, high flow injectors, and a true ram air hood. My question is can I run a 3.625 pulley on this motor safely with 93 octane?
Old 07-07-2022, 11:37 PM   #627
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccutaia View Post
Hi Ted, I am currently running a 3.875 pulley on the 2.9L Whipple you sold me with a stock motor, 17/8 long tube headers, 3" cats, and 3" exhaust. ZL1 fuel pump, high flow injectors, and a true ram air hood. My question is can I run a 3.625 pulley on this motor safely with 93 octane?
I can not recommend this on pump gas.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:15 AM   #628
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
ECS Supercharger

Hey Ted,

So I have a 2011 Camaro 2SSRS, so LS3 and 6 speed. Current mods are in my signature, car is currently tuned making 430rwhp on a stock motor with only 40k miles on the clock. I recently picked up an ECS Novi 1500 blower, and intercooler setup. It's the older style intercooler setup, pictures just for reference...

Howard at Redline motorsports in Fort lauderdale FL is my tuner. I asked him what kind of upgrades I would need to land in the 550 to 600 rwhp with this setup. IE; fuel upgrades, cam, etc.... He told me that all I needed for fuel upgrades would be 60lb injectors. No ZL1 fuel pump, no Boost a pump, just 60lb injectors. Does that sound right to you? He did recommend a cam kit to really help the car breathe... that quote includes 1000cc injectors, flex fuel sensor, boost a pump and e85. I don't really want to go cam at the moment because it's really going to push my budget way over the top. I am piecing this kit together so, I just want to make sure that I am buying and replacing everything necessary to make the power that I want safely and efficiently. I don't want to be on the dyno and the car is making 550 Rwhp at max duty cycle for the pump and injectors, and spend all of that money only to have to spend more...

Also, I am looking for brackets for my ECS supercharger for hydraulic steering, I contacted ECS but when I mention that I am building a kit out of used parts and I only want to buy x, y and z parts they stop replying to my emails. Do you have any leads on a set of brackets and hardware?
Attached Images

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 08:17 AM   #629
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Hey Ted,

So I have a 2011 Camaro 2SSRS, so LS3 and 6 speed. Current mods are in my signature, car is currently tuned making 430rwhp on a stock motor with only 40k miles on the clock. I recently picked up an ECS Novi 1500 blower, and intercooler setup. It's the older style intercooler setup, pictures just for reference...

Howard at Redline motorsports in Fort lauderdale FL is my tuner. I asked him what kind of upgrades I would need to land in the 550 to 600 rwhp with this setup. IE; fuel upgrades, cam, etc.... He told me that all I needed for fuel upgrades would be 60lb injectors. No ZL1 fuel pump, no Boost a pump, just 60lb injectors. Does that sound right to you? He did recommend a cam kit to really help the car breathe... that quote includes 1000cc injectors, flex fuel sensor, boost a pump and e85. I don't really want to go cam at the moment because it's really going to push my budget way over the top. I am piecing this kit together so, I just want to make sure that I am buying and replacing everything necessary to make the power that I want safely and efficiently. I don't want to be on the dyno and the car is making 550 Rwhp at max duty cycle for the pump and injectors, and spend all of that money only to have to spend more...

Also, I am looking for brackets for my ECS supercharger for hydraulic steering, I contacted ECS but when I mention that I am building a kit out of used parts and I only want to buy x, y and z parts they stop replying to my emails. Do you have any leads on a set of brackets and hardware?
There is no better tuner in Florida, I would suggest you follow his advice.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:10 AM   #630
Surfdog SS

Drives: 2015 SS Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post

I have the ECS 1500 kit with the 60lb injectors and bap. I'm @ 540whp, I believe I'm close to 75% duty cycle. Also you can order the brackets and everything else you need to finish that kit from ECS web site. Before I purchased my new kit I almost got a used head unit but wasn't worth it when the rest of the kit was 4500. Just fyi they don't make the hub to use the factory balancer anymore and you'll have to get an aftermarket balancer.
I'm looking to do a cam kit next and it should be fine with the injectors and bap, but I'll be maxed out on that setup. Once you go e85 you'll need everything that Redline quoted you.
2015 2SS M6 Stainless Power LT header w/ hf cats, NPP axle backs, ECS Novi 1500 SC, ATI 10% UD, BMR 1.25 springs, trailing arms, and bushings, short thow shifter, Z28 replica rims, BTR stage 2 centrifugal cam, zl1 pump, FIC 1000, and flex fuel

Last edited by Surfdog SS; 07-08-2022 at 11:03 AM.
Surfdog SS is offline   Reply With Quote