Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-12-2015, 08:26 AM   #1
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
1SS Interior pictures inside! Hunting down more 1SS/1LT Interior shots

OK...so I'm assuming there could be many others out there like myself considering a 1SS. I for one, am in love with the new Camaro interior and especially the new features (the dual displays, the configurable LED screen driver stack, the spectrum lighting, the HUD, the colored door sills....what am I missing?)

But in a 1SS/1LT, of course most if not all of that is going to be missing. Of most concern to me is the driver stack. If the 8" driver information screen is NOT available at all in a 1SS/1LT model (which looks that way based on recent on this post) then what do we get there? Hopefully, its not something boring, or looks out of place. Hoping there is at least a small screen like in the 5th gen, but with full color display.

Recently, a blue 1SS was spotted. (Credit goes to JHutch. More shots here.) He did snap a few shots of a 1SS manual interior in black clothe, but its difficult for me to see what is in the driver's stack. Just from quick glance, I can see the spectrum lighting missing, possibly some stiching missing in the dash (but I do see some..so maybe not?) and possibly the "knee pads" on the center stack missing...but hard to tell for sure. Two pictures below. Below that, I've provided some of the "official" GM shots of the interior from what I can only assume is a loaded 2LT/2SS.

So....anyone out there seen or have shots of a 1SS/1LT interior???????

(also an interesting sheet in between the drivers seat and the center armrest in the 2nd shot, but would like to keep that a separate discussion)

GM Official shots:

Old 07-12-2015, 09:04 AM   #2
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
1SS for me! Everyone can have their gadgets and weight increasing gizmos and color changing accents. Give me a 2017 1SS with the PP or 1LE or whatever the hell GM is going to call it. Those would be the only options unless there is a performance seats available.
Davy_Baby9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:50 AM   #3
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
1SS for me! Everyone can have their gadgets and weight increasing gizmos and color changing accents. Give me a 2017 1SS with the PP or 1LE or whatever the hell GM is going to call it. Those would be the only options unless there is a performance seats available.
Ditto..

I'd wish someone would build a bare bones no excuse muscle car with manual seats and manual windows mirrors etc.. Please create a super stripped down rwd pushrod v8 with the only options being automatic transmission and AC for those who cant live without..
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:27 AM   #4
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonaut View Post
Ditto..

I'd wish someone would build a bare bones no excuse muscle car with manual seats and manual windows mirrors etc.. Please create a super stripped down rwd pushrod v8 with the only options being automatic transmission and AC for those who cant live without..
Nobody's going to build something that only 10 people will buy.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:33 AM   #5
Rocco70
THE YETI

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Ditto..

Agree I would have loved gm to ditch all the track ready crap and technology heated seats two 8 in screens 3 radiator and so on and took that money and gave me a 500 hp stripped down monster. These cars loaded are going to be 45to50,000 for a bunch of stuff I will never use. I'm really rethinking about buying one and just drop 5 grand in my 5th gen. i love the looks of the car I love the interior and the 8speed auto but that's it I could do without the rest. There making a track ready car that 90% of people that buy them will never take it to the track.
Rocco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #6
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
People love options. I'd buy a stripped down bare bones beast without optional secondary restraint systems. Then add a cage, and five point harness with nice Recaro cloth. 1SS cloth is definitely missing some stitching. But still looks good, and the aftermarket will produce leather options. Can't see the dash though. But I'm betting it will be similar for driving modes, and it is a track capable vehicle. So it should have lap timers etc.
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:33 AM   #7
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco70 View Post
Agree I would have loved gm to ditch all the track ready crap and technology heated seats two 8 in screens 3 radiator and so on and took that money and gave me a 500 hp stripped down monster. These cars loaded are going to be 45to50,000 for a bunch of stuff I will never use. I'm really rethinking about buying one and just drop 5 grand in my 5th gen. i love the looks of the car I love the interior and the 8speed auto but that's it I could do without the rest. There making a track ready car that 90% of people that buy them will never take it to the track.
The three radiators are really important. GM specifically designed it to handle the increased heat the LT1 A8 combo produces. Stingrays without the extra cooling were overheating and having problems in sustained performance situations.

They may be slightly over building the car for the average driver but it is easier over build it from the factory for situations that will never fulfill its purpose than for person to have to apply mechanical, aftermarket enhancements at additional cost.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:31 PM   #8
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The three radiators are really important. GM specifically designed it to handle the increased heat the LT1 A8 combo produces. Stingrays without the extra cooling were overheating and having problems in sustained performance situations.

They may be slightly over building the car for the average driver but it is easier over build it from the factory for situations that will never fulfill its purpose than for person to have to apply mechanical, aftermarket enhancements at additional cost.
You are correct!! Chevy overbuilt the ZL1 and made it almost bulletproof. In this process, they made it one of the best performance cars ever built by anyone. It is an awesome drag car, track car and GT cruiser. I have tracked my ZL1 at several tracks and driven it to two Camaro Fest events. She is a great all around car. I hope the G6 version can maintain this kind of reliability, comfort and drivability.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:35 PM   #9
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
Not me. Gimme all the gizmos & color changing accents, then let me cruise with that top down!!!
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:10 PM   #10
DREWZ SS

Drives: 14 Camaro - 92 Corolla
[QUOTE=KMPrenger;8528743]OK...so I'm assuming there could be many others out there like myself considering a 1SS. I for one, am in love with the new Camaro interior and especially the new features (the dual displays, the configurable LED screen driver stack, the spectrum lighting, the HUD, the colored door sills....what am I missing?)

But in a 1SS/1LT, of course most if not all of that is going to be missing. Of most concern to me is the driver stack. If the 8" driver information screen is NOT available at all in a 1SS/1LT model (which looks that way based on recent on this post) then what do we get there? Hopefully, its not something boring, or looks out of place. Hoping there is at least a small screen like in the 5th gen, but with full color display.

Recently, a blue 1SS was spotted. (Credit goes to JHutch. More shots here.) He did snap a few shots of a 1SS manual interior in black clothe, but its difficult for me to see what is in the driver's stack. Just from quick glance, I can see the spectrum lighting missing, possibly some stiching missing in the dash (but I do see some..so maybe not?) and possibly the "knee pads" on the center stack missing...but hard to tell for sure. Two pictures below. Below that, I've provided some of the "official" GM shots of the interior from what I can only assume is a loaded 2LT/2SS.

So....anyone out there seen or have shots of a 1SS/1LT interior???????

(also an interesting sheet in between the drivers seat and the center armrest in the 2nd shot, but would like to keep that a separate discussion)

I have a feeling the dual displays will be available on both 1SS and 2SS if not standard.

The rest probably only 2SS.

Would be cool if the 1SS has the option of interior LED lighting but maybe in one set color? hmmm
DREWZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:23 PM   #11
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Ditto..

I used to think the same way but a performance crate engine by itself costs as much as an entry level car.

MRC is only a $1700 option on the Vette...tech is ridiculously cheap nowadays. If you need more proof look at what a $100 smartphone is capable of.

When it's all said and done most of what you're paying for is the powertrain and a chassis strong enough to handle it.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:25 PM   #12
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
The weight between modern power seats/windows vs manual is so small it isn't worth the hassle. The ac does add weight but any gearhead that can turn a wrench can remove if he wants. All these toys are cool and that's what sells the majority of these cars. Along with all the techy stuff the addition of the turbo 4 should really apeal to younger buyers assuming it's not priced to high.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:55 PM   #13
Rocco70
THE YETI

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

I get it but all that cost money and I think gm is going to price a lot of people out of this car. I refuse to pay 47,000 for a camaro I payed 39,000 for my 5th gen 2ssrs loaded in 2011. Witch I believe was reasonable.
Rocco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:58 PM   #14
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco70 View Post
I get it but all that cost money and I think gm is going to price a lot of people out of this car. I refuse to pay 47,000 for a camaro I payed 39,000 for my 5th gen 2ssrs loaded in 2011. Witch I believe was reasonable.
If GM stripped down a 1SS the way you want, it would still be priced high. Why? It'd be such a low volume model that the only way GM would make up the investment is to price it high.