#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-26-2020, 04:52 PM   #1177
CaliforniaKid

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloCal View Post
What were your trans temps? any other temp issues?

Where can I see trans temps? I’m a 6 m/t not sure if that makes any difference I see oil temps oil pressure boost and fuel
CaliforniaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:37 PM   #1178
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
he would NOT give me a point by... he was fast but I caught him in most of the braking zones, evenish through the turns (despite my tires being corded for the past 3 sessions) and then he’d pull on me.... I’d brake later and catch him again ... repeat. He was fast enough that I wasn’t truly annoyed (McLaren mp412c was super duper slow and no point bys... that was frustrating).
That's why I was laughing, I wouldn't think the stereotypical Corvette guy would admit something is faster than his car.
I had a C6 so I'm not mindlessly throwing rocks at every Corvette guy, but you know what I mean, they can be a little snobbish. Obviously not as snobbish as the mp412c guy must have been.

This is probably one of the many reasons I've never tracked a car. I get annoyed at road hogs/rude, ignorant people on public streets who don't give right of way, camp in the left lane, and a number of other bad driving habits, and to then run into the same behavior on a race track where we all are suppose to be out doing the same thing, trying to have fun.
Someone is going faster? Let them go by and then follow them. Maybe you can learn from them as you chase, maybe you can become faster and not get passed as much.
Why block others who have caught you, they are obviously faster.

You aren't going to end up in the winners circle with the trophy girl and oversized check.

Old 08-29-2020, 06:56 AM   #1179
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
That's why I was laughing, I wouldn't think the stereotypical Corvette guy would admit something is faster than his car.
I had a C6 so I'm not mindlessly throwing rocks at every Corvette guy, but you know what I mean, they can be a little snobbish. Obviously not as snobbish as the mp412c guy must have been.

This is probably one of the many reasons I've never tracked a car. I get annoyed at road hogs/rude, ignorant people on public streets who don't give right of way, camp in the left lane, and a number of other bad driving habits, and to then run into the same behavior on a race track where we all are suppose to be out doing the same thing, trying to have fun.
Someone is going faster? Let them go by and then follow them. Maybe you can learn from them as you chase, maybe you can become faster and not get passed as much.
Why block others who have caught you, they are obviously faster.

You aren't going to end up in the winners circle with the trophy girl and oversized check.

Definitely some snobbery going on ... and for the Mac guy, probably some lack of awareness... I wouldn’t be surprised if his mirrors weren’t pointed in the correct direction. The C8 guy was a little annoying but he was quick enough that I felt like i was ok.... 99% of folks in the Advanced groups are quite good at giving point bys and letting everyone drive their own drive without holding people up. C8 was a minor exception. Again... my tires were corded too hehe.

You shouldn’t let this fear keep you from the track though, it’s such a fun way to enjoy your car, but by all means, do you
Old 08-29-2020, 08:11 AM   #1180
Boost Creep

Quote:
Definitely some snobbery going on ... and for the Mac guy, probably some lack of awareness... I wouldn’t be surprised if his mirrors weren’t pointed in the correct direction. The C8 guy was a little annoying but he was quick enough that I felt like i was ok.... 99% of folks in the Advanced groups are quite good at giving point bys and letting everyone drive their own drive without holding people up. C8 was a minor exception. Again... my tires were corded too hehe.

You shouldn’t let this fear keep you from the track though, it’s such a fun way to enjoy your car, but by all means, do you
I've noticed the lack of point by on many videos, many times.
You would think it would be a big topic at the drivers meetings.

My biggest fear is running the engine/car that hard, that long. I have too much mechanical sympathy to put my car through all that.
I know it's built for it, but I just can't do it.

I'm a mechanic, so for me it would be like a doctor taking a patient out smoking and drinking all night.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:44 AM   #1181
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I've noticed the lack of point by on many videos, many times.
You would think it would be a big topic at the drivers meetings.

I'm a mechanic, so for me it would be like a doctor taking a patient out smoking and drinking all night.
the newer groups is where you'll find a lot of the point-by infractions... and your'e right, it definitely remains a problem even through the ranks moving up. some organizations are worse than others too...

i love analogies and this is a funny one ... however ... a mechanical failure and lung cancer cannot be considered one and the same. haha! i won't try and convince you though because i'm totally okay with everyone enjoying their car however they want... track... garage queen ... SEMA style or somehwere in between.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:31 AM   #1182
Boost Creep

Quote:
the newer groups is where you'll find a lot of the point-by infractions... and your'e right, it definitely remains a problem even through the ranks moving up. some organizations are worse than others too...

i love analogies and this is a funny one ... however ... a mechanical failure and lung cancer cannot be considered one and the same. haha! i won't try and convince you though because i'm totally okay with everyone enjoying their car however they want... track... garage queen ... SEMA style or somehwere in between.
I wouldn't call my car a garage queen, already have 31,000 miles, more like a "weekend warrior". It gets taken out once or twice during the weekend for a ride in Pennsylvania back woods, what I like to call banjo country.
Roads near urban areas are garbage, but once you get out a little ways it can be amazing. Nice pavement, little traffic, plenty of twisty roads.
Tons of fun without the mechanical stress.

Trust me, I'd love to run a track, just not in my car.

In other words, I'd gladly party with another doctor's patient.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:35 PM   #1183
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Me and Tim hunting down an M4 through the Karussell!!!
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #1184
DATSSDO

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE

DATSSDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:09 PM   #1185
Wontspeak

Drives: 1SS 1LE
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/attac...1&d=1600045687

Waiting on the next track day is boring, so this *laughs*
Attached Images

Last edited by Wontspeak; 09-14-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Wontspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:06 AM   #1186
Tango1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Had a great weekend at Roebling Roads with my 1LE. it was good to see my bud's and their ZLEs out there spanking on the Porsche mafia! It was a blast!

Enjoy,

TC
'89 RS 'vert
Tango1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:30 AM   #1187
CC2018SS1LE

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ss 1LE
https://youtu.be/sZK7N058Ss4

My 100% stock 2018 SS 1LE eating up Corvettes at Limerock Park last week
CC2018SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:09 PM   #1188
CC2018SS1LE

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ss 1LE
Limerock 3rd session, 1LE passes almost entire field

https://youtu.be/pW5-wPUYywE

I started late, I had to put Gass in car. Once I got on track, I passed most of the field including a Porsche GT3 RS

Watch last 3 laps, I pass a Fast GT 350 on the last lap, right before checkered flag
I love passing Fords, especially Mustangs, I was on a mission.
CC2018SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:25 AM   #1189
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Another one from the Green Hell!!!
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2020, 09:26 AM   #1190
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
The guy in the convertible (Miata?) behind you doesn't have a helmet on! With a roll bar no less. I guess the Ring is just a highway technically.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote