Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-30-2023, 07:55 AM   #1
lynyrd

Drives: Camaro 2.0 LT 2018
Send a message via Skype™ to lynyrd
Headlight Leveling Fuse

Hello,
What is the F38 Headlamp leveling fuse for?
Attached Images

2018 Camaro 2.0 LT Turbo, Conversion to ethanol E85, K&N Typhoon filter, Front Bumper and rear diffuser ZL1/1LE, LED headlights
lynyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 08:18 AM   #2
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
A headlamp levelling system adjusts the height of the cut-off line to the load condition of the vehicle. This is supposed to avoid blinding oncoming traffic when the vehicle is loaded. Manual and automatic headlamp levelling systems are installed in current vehicle models.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 10:49 AM   #3
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
A headlamp levelling system adjusts the height of the cut-off line to the load condition of the vehicle. This is supposed to avoid blinding oncoming traffic when the vehicle is loaded. Manual and automatic headlamp levelling systems are installed in current vehicle models.
I did not know that. Very clever.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 02:25 PM   #4
lynyrd

Quote:
I don't think Camaros have an automatic leveling system, like Mercedes, there is no motor to adjust the height of the headlights, the headlights are simple without electronics.
Here are the photos of the headlights, they don't have motors or anything electronic.
On my Mercedes, when I turn on the headlights, they go up, down and level.
There is no similar system on the Camaro.
Attached Images

2018 Camaro 2.0 LT Turbo, Conversion to ethanol E85, K&N Typhoon filter, Front Bumper and rear diffuser ZL1/1LE, LED headlights
Old 03-30-2023, 02:51 PM   #5
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynyrd View Post
I don't think Camaros have an automatic leveling system, like Mercedes, there is no motor to adjust the height of the headlights, the headlights are simple without electronics.
Here are the photos of the headlights, they don't have motors or anything electronic.
On my Mercedes, when I turn on the headlights, they go up, down and level.
There is no similar system on the Camaro.

Ya... IDK... I just looked up what Headlight Leveling was. Maybe they use the same fuse box and wiring harness in other vehicles and in other vehicles that fuse/option is used. (Just a guess).. Pull the fuse and drive that car at night, see what it does.

Don't forget to report back...
Old 03-30-2023, 03:30 PM   #6
lynyrd

Quote:
Ya... IDK... I just looked up what Headlight Leveling was. Maybe they use the same fuse box and wiring harness in other vehicles and in other vehicles that fuse/option is used. (Just a guess).. Pull the fuse and drive that car at night, see what it does.

Don't forget to report back...
When the fuse is removed, the headlights come on, the car drives, nothing changes, with or without a fuse.
Could it be the fuse that turns on the headlights when you open the doors with the remote?
If you have the same F38 fuse on your car, remove it and see if when you open the doors with the remote they come on!

Old 03-30-2023, 04:27 PM   #7
jamala00

This might explain it. If I'm looking at your pic attached and the same fuse box in that document F38 is not used.
Old 03-30-2023, 06:13 PM   #8
lynyrd

Quote:
This might explain it. If I'm looking at your pic attached and the same fuse box in that document F38 is not used.
In my box, there is a 10A fuse.
Doesn't the fuse turn on the headlights when the doors are opened with the remote?
I replaced my headlights with Vland LEDs, there is a harness to couple with the F38 fuse, with or without the harness it does not change anything, the headlights work, but do not light up with the remote, just the turn signals.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2023, 03:19 PM   #9
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynyrd View Post
In my box, there is a 10A fuse.
Doesn't the fuse turn on the headlights when the doors are opened with the remote?
I replaced my headlights with Vland LEDs, there is a harness to couple with the F38 fuse, with or without the harness it does not change anything, the headlights work, but do not light up with the remote, just the turn signals.

I'm looking at your picture and I have a few observations. My car is a 2017 and it's an SS but the fuse box looks the same. I have a fuse tap in that same slot for a dash cam. The pin in the fuse slot that is on the left is the switchable hot wire. If I'm figuring it correctly, you have the tap in 180 degrees off. The current will go through the lower fuse and then back through the upper fuse to the red wire. That would mean that the lower fuse is carrying current for both circuits. If it's reversed, the lower fuse only handles the current for the original circuit and the power will go through the upper fuse to the red wire separately. You could test this by pulling the lower fuse and seeing if you are still getting current to the red wire. I hope I got that all correct.

Name:  Screenshot_20230111_120738_Gallery.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  155.0 KB

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 09:20 AM   #10
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...php?p=11133621

Post #21
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote