Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-03-2024, 09:27 AM   #1
SS_Dave

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Disable OnStar

What's the most straight forward, non invasive way to fully disable OnStar connectivity?
SS_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 09:55 AM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
5th gens Onstar modules no longer function.

The modules in the 5th gens use outdated cell phone connectivity which no longer operates in the US so there is no point in disconnecting Onstar anymore.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 05:57 PM   #3
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
5th gens Onstar modules no longer function.

The modules in the 5th gens use outdated cell phone connectivity which no longer operates in the US so there is no point in disconnecting Onstar anymore.

No kidding?! Learned something new today! I wonder how long the 6th Gen Camaro Onstar will last for? Do they have a newer module?

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 07:53 PM   #4
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Yep they were running on 2G and went obsolete a year or two ago.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 08:16 PM   #5
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Yep they were running on 2G and went obsolete a year or two ago.

Are you referring to the 5th or 6th Gen?

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:48 PM   #6
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
Are you referring to the 5th or 6th Gen?
Sorry that’s for the 5th gens
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:16 PM   #7
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Sorry that’s for the 5th gens

Thanks for clarifying that.

Old 05-03-2024, 09:57 PM   #8
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I have a hysterical story related to Onstar, and going really fast (200ish mph) and blowing up an engine.... I think I can still find the video somewhere...

Essentially, blew the motor, tossed the laundry (parachute) and at 215 or so mph, the chute hit so hard that it set off Onstar.... So, I'm sweating a blown engine, and I hear this ringing of a telephone.... WTF is that, and where is it coming from..... Ring Ring Ring "Hi, this is Onstar, do you need EMS..." or something to that effect.... Now, by this time I wasn't in the best mood, but I did say thank you but no thank you or something to that effect.... "We're always here if you need us..." Thank You...Bye... lol....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 06:40 AM   #9
Blue 13
3P171 USAF Combat Arms

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
I wish I could remove it from my 2024 GMC. They paired it with things you can’t disable so you’re forced to keep that garbage.
Old 05-04-2024, 07:32 AM   #10
Dirgam

Drives: 2012 VR GFX SS/RS M6 Convertible
yet we are still stuck with the shark fin
Old 05-04-2024, 02:20 PM   #11
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I have a hysterical story related to Onstar, and going really fast (200ish mph) and blowing up an engine.... I think I can still find the video somewhere...

Essentially, blew the motor, tossed the laundry (parachute) and at 215 or so mph, the chute hit so hard that it set off Onstar.... So, I'm sweating a blown engine, and I hear this ringing of a telephone.... WTF is that, and where is it coming from..... Ring Ring Ring "Hi, this is Onstar, do you need EMS..." or something to that effect.... Now, by this time I wasn't in the best mood, but I did say thank you but no thank you or something to that effect.... "We're always here if you need us..." Thank You...Bye... lol....
I saved that video when you posted it a while back. Still makes me laugh to this day!
Old 05-04-2024, 03:20 PM   #12
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:

If you find it, please put up a link. Would love to see it.
Old 05-04-2024, 04:56 PM   #13
SummitWhite11

Quote:

Now that is hilarious!

Old 05-04-2024, 06:26 PM   #14
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
If you find it, please put up a link. Would love to see it.
It's on Youtube. Fast forward to 6:30.

Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote