Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-06-2022, 01:46 PM   #15
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
I grabbed one. Was gonna try it in the a10 this opening weekend but the weather didn’t cooperate
You and Duramacr1 are on top of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
The 31whp gain was on a car making over 900whp. You also need a 103mm TB to maximize the gains.

Brett also said he seen a 1.5 tenth reduction and 1.5mph gain at the track on a 600whp NA combo. He didn't say if that was using a Rotofab or OTR setup.
Yeah I get that’s it’s not the same as NA. I was just sharing data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
it's also fair to note that the velocity stack replaces the air filter. i mean, i'm all about performance, but that's where i draw the line on a street car haha. also i imagine it would require a dedicated tune to compensate for the maf signal. i don't see swapping the vc at the track on an otherwise stock/bolt on car going well at all.
Amen! I wouldn’t be running around on the street with no filter. It’s a good line to draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Yes you have to tune for the airflow change. You could tune for the Bellmouth and leave it as is even if you swap back to the filter. It's just going to run a tad rich in PE. Not enough to cost much power or hurt anything....especially NA setups.
Good points. If this resulted in a viable option, swapping the filter and tune before leaving the track wouldn’t take much time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
* Filter not shown ?
Because race car?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 02:28 PM   #16
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I just ordered one, and will dyno test it back to back vs the air filter on my Big Gulp this spring too. Just waiting for my CNC ported Whipple to come back…
Old 03-12-2022, 10:23 AM   #17
17camaroSS

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
i think catering to that age old cone on a stick rotofab design is a waste of time. go over the radiator and stop wasting money on stuff returning $100/hp.

bell mouth has been around. i've seen it on some na cars the past couple of years. granted they are no maf race cars with hi rams and no other induction.
This is how I feel about it as well. My own OTR setup gained 2.5mph on my bolt on car with a hi ram with the bellmouth on the end of the OTR tube. It was also a design that everyone said wouldn’t work. Still has a MAF as well.

2017 1SS:Hi-Ram, FBO, OTR ram air,
Circle D converter.

Previous PB: 11.07 @124 1/4
7.1 @100 1/8 1.6 60’ w/2” longtubes,
95mm hi-ram,
OTR ramair, flex fuel
17camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote