Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-07-2022, 03:37 PM   #1
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
TooHighPsi - Procharger

I decided to call Mike today to discuss using the Vindicator 2 LT1/LT4 "SC" Port Plate System with a Procharger. It appears that if I go with the Procharger I can keep stock fueling and use their SC plate (Stock Coil). This is great feedback.

I’m sharing this for anyone who may also want to go with Procharger.

https://www.toohighpsi.com/product-p...t-plate-system

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 05:30 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Another plus for Mike!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:24 AM   #3
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Mike and Mike Jr plus a bunch of old Magnuson Employee' are going to do a lot of great things for the Lt1/4 platform. They are putting those new Haas machines to the test. Not just saying that because he was my old boss at Magnuson, but he was pretty much is responsible for the creation of the 2650 that many are running now plus the 2650s for the Copo's.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:28 AM   #4
Joshinator99

If you’re running LT1 injectors and HPFP and think you’re going to start modding your LT1 with any kind of forced induction, this is a no brainer.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:17 PM   #5
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
If you’re running LT1 injectors and HPFP and think you’re going to start modding your LT1 with any kind of forced induction, this is a no brainer.
That’s the plan for sure. This build will see some passes at the track but it will primarily remain a street car. I want to run full E with plenty of headroom. Minus the install of the pump, this should be a straight install. (We all know expectations never meet reality with regards to projects like this)

Between what Mike Jr., cjperformance, and airtroop accomplished the only real decision will be whether I stick with the Procharger or move to 2650. I’m hearing lead time for 2650 is 14 weeks. There’s enough time between now and spring before this project starts. If I do decide to go 2650, I’ll need to order that soon.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 01-08-2022, 01:09 PM   #6
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
What would be needed besides the kit and the required 8 bosch injectors? A holley dominator efi ecu?
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 01:16 PM   #7
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
What would be needed besides the kit and the required 8 bosch injectors? A holley dominator efi ecu?
You're going to have to beef up the low side for sure. Talk to Mike at TooHighPsi for his suggestions on that. I went Fore triple but that might be overkill for your build, not sure what your goals are.

The Dominator setup from Crawford with dual widebands is the gold standard for PI in my opinion but again, overkill for most builds. TooHighPsi sells the MAF Fusion control which is simple and effective enough.
Old 01-08-2022, 01:24 PM   #8
Trochoidal

Quote:
The items in aitroop01’s thread seem to be complete.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPPGteMh_DO/

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...10&postcount=1

Old 01-10-2022, 01:33 PM   #9
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Just making some conversation and speculation...

I have zero experience with secondary port injection, but as a general rule simpler is better. I went with LT4 injectors & HPFP... + DSX low side... In hindsight, with similar goals maybe the only thing I would have done differently is go with even larger injectors and HPFP to run full E. Not sure if I would need a cam w/ larger fuel lobe at that point. So I think the deciding factor for me between larger capacity DI vs supplementary port would be whether I would need to add a cam to support DI only.

I like the idea of playing with secondary port injection, but for a primarily street driven setup... I might worry about the complexity of having two systems.

Just some thoughts, again pure speculation... With DI + Port... I would think risks are similar as with DI + Meth from a fueling perspective... Meaning a failure in the supplemental port inj might still allow the engine to run lean, where with ONLY DI if there's a pump failure, it would be more likely to get zero fuel, or not enough to keep runnning, where with supplemental... there might be enough fueling happening to run lean for longer?

Personally I would prefer to exhaust my DI fueling options (heh heh) before going with supplemental port. If you were doing it for fun, that's different! I would love to do it just for the tuning experience.
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:32 PM   #10
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Any Idea which way you will tune?

Are you going to tune off a second map or IPW base operation off of TPS?

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:34 PM   #11
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

[QUOTE=cjperformance;11118635]

I like the idea of playing with secondary port injection, but for a primarily street driven setup... I might worry about the complexity of having two systems.

Sounds like you been reading JRE posts!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 01-11-2022, 03:46 PM   #12
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Just making some conversation and speculation...

I have zero experience with secondary port injection, but as a general rule simpler is better. I went with LT4 injectors & HPFP... + DSX low side... In hindsight, with similar goals maybe the only thing I would have done differently is go with even larger injectors and HPFP to run full E. Not sure if I would need a cam w/ larger fuel lobe at that point. So I think the deciding factor for me between larger capacity DI vs supplementary port would be whether I would need to add a cam to support DI only.

Just some thoughts, again pure speculation... With DI + Port... I would think risks are similar as with DI + Meth from a fueling perspective... Meaning a failure in the supplemental port inj might still allow the engine to run lean, where with ONLY DI if there's a pump failure, it would be more likely to get zero fuel, or not enough to keep runnning, where with supplemental... there might be enough fueling happening to run lean for longer?

Personally I would prefer to exhaust my DI fueling options (heh heh) before going with supplemental port. If you were doing it for fun, that's different! I would love to do it just for the tuning experience.
Considering vehicles like the C7 ZR1 and newer mustang gts come from the factory with both direct injection AND port fuel injection, I'd say the risk is rather low when the set up is implemented correctly. A meth pump is highly more susceptible to failure than a complementary port injection system in my opinion.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:47 PM   #13
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Considering vehicles like the C7 ZR1 and newer mustang gts come from the factory with both direct injection AND port fuel injection, I'd say the risk is rather low when the set up is implemented correctly. A meth pump is highly more susceptible to failure than a complementary port injection system in my opinion.
No not that easy the pcm and port module talk to each other. Harder to do e85 on that car to.

Old 01-12-2022, 09:20 AM   #14
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post

Sounds like you been reading JRE posts!
Lol, that and personal experience as a software developer and general tinkerer.
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote