Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-07-2017, 07:10 AM   #29
RealQuick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 - Intake/Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
Some quick things.

If alky control meth, I'd run a 10 and 15 nozzle.

At that boost level valvetrain should be fine. Plugs at that level can be as hot as tr7ix at .035 without missing.

Can't help on clutch but on a dyno it should do a few partial hit's to get heat into it before any hard hit's.

And damn, you have a ton of dyno hit's on that car.
Thanks Don. Yeah, I have put it thru the paces quite a bit... it keeps running though
RealQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #30
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
Wow! I might consider doing the same. Any pic of the cutout on yours and what did you do with the existing wastegate bypass connected from the downpipe?
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:08 PM   #31
RealQuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCompiler View Post
Wow! I might consider doing the same. Any pic of the cutout on yours and what did you do with the existing wastegate bypass connected from the downpipe?
I will post some pics tonight. I just welded a patch panel over the hole in the DP. I am now dumping the wastegate to the ground in front of the k member.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:13 PM   #32
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
Sucks about the clutch, was it worn out or abused? My monster lt1-s been hanging in like a champ
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:16 PM   #33
RealQuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fif_gen_powa View Post
Sucks about the clutch, was it worn out or abused? My monster lt1-s been hanging in like a champ
Bought it brand new this winter... Thomas @ Hendrix said keep heat cycling to see if it gets better.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #34
SeaCompiler

Any pic of the cutout?
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
Old 06-16-2017, 10:09 PM   #35
RealQuick

Quote:
Any pic of the cutout?
I'll post some pics tomorrow, they are two cutouts on the S pipes that connect to the Huron y-pipe. I ended finding out why the cutouts died on the dyno... burnt wires from hitting the exhaust (I did a lousy job of tieing them up away from the exhaust).
Old 06-17-2017, 09:39 PM   #36
RealQuick

Quote:
Any pic of the cutout?
Badlanz cutouts (i bought 3" by accident, so I made them work with the 2.5" pipes).
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2017, 09:40 PM   #37
RealQuick

Not sure why the pic uploaded upside down?
Old 06-21-2017, 08:56 PM   #38
RealQuick

Pulled the plug wires and found 4 out of the 8 were cracked. So with new plugs/wires and if clutch will hold, I should be able to improve on the 817rwhp.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:52 AM   #39
SeaCompiler

Thanks. Can you hear the turbo low spool at idle with them open? Any concerns aggrevating the knock sensors and retard timing when using them? I had badlanz 3 inch dumping post header pre turbo and was obnoxiously loud inside.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:01 PM   #40
RealQuick

Quote:
Thanks. Can you hear the turbo low spool at idle with them open? Any concerns aggrevating the knock sensors and retard timing when using them? I had badlanz 3 inch dumping post header pre turbo and was obnoxiously loud inside.
No additional noise from the turbo with the cutouts other than a quick stab of the throttle, you hear the turbo during decel. No concern with knock... my cutouts are so far downstream, at least 6-7ft from the turbo.

I am confused by your cutout.. you say it was after the headers, but before the turbo? That would mean it was on the hotside... if you opened it there the turbo would spool like poop. I must be missing something here...
Old 06-24-2017, 10:30 AM   #41
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealQuick View Post
Pulled the plug wires and found 4 out of the 8 were cracked. So with new plugs/wires and if clutch will hold, I should be able to improve on the 817rwhp.
Ohhh Yes!! It's gonna be a Beast!
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:15 PM   #42
SeaCompiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealQuick View Post
No additional noise from the turbo with the cutouts other than a quick stab of the throttle, you hear the turbo during decel. No concern with knock... my cutouts are so far downstream, at least 6-7ft from the turbo.

I am confused by your cutout.. you say it was after the headers, but before the turbo? That would mean it was on the hotside... if you opened it there the turbo would spool like poop. I must be missing something here...
When I said pre turbo, I meant when I was just cam only before I installed my turbo - I sold my cutouts when I went turbocharged. I saw a video on YouTube where a guy set off his side airbags with his no weeds installed and open and I want to avoid this. I was thinking of putting in the large badlanz single 3 inch cutout off my downpipe and was curious what others had done. Not sure which way I'm going yet.