Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
jasonsk287

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
Placed my order today!!

Today was the day; after looking at the Camaro for almost a year and carefully planning since January, I have finally placed my order. I ordered a 2012 1LT coupe, Summit White with Black stripes. Auto transmission (can't drive stick), convenience package w/remote start, rear vision package, sunroof, 19 inch wheels (look ALOT nicer than 18-inch 1LT wheels IMO), and compact spare tire/wheel. MSRP $30,450.

I got lucky; my dad is friends with the sales manager at a Chevy dealer so I got a fantastic experience and a great deal on the car. Out of respect for the dealer I am not going to post the exact deal here since they said they don't do it for everyone, and I don't want to burn any bridges. But I got lucky and I'm grateful. I did plenty of homework too. I'm 23 years old, graduated from college last year, and my employment situation has just changed so I can finally afford to go for it

I will say that anyone in the Long Island/ Queens/ Brooklyn NY area should go the extra mile to Robert Chevrolet in Hicksville. The staff there is so nice and accommodating. My salesperson was Abdul, he has 24 years of experience and was very friendly and funny. He knew his stuff too. I was very comfortable and the whole process took no more than a half hour. They simply entered my information into GM AutoBook and we wrote up the deal. My parents even talked to them about also leasing a Cruze for my brother (great little car).

I was informed that the order will be placed with GM this Thursday and I can pick up my build sheet and receive my order number then. I'm excited!! Will keep everyone informed. C5 has been a great resource and I look forward to being a part of it further.

Jason

Last edited by jasonsk287; 08-21-2011 at 11:19 PM.
jasonsk287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
s1k0

Drives: Corvette C6
Congrats on the new order!

Sold It..
s1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Congrats!!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Congrats
Old 08-21-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
MY2012RS

Drives: 2012 1LT
Congrats Jason...It never dawned on me to go to Robert Chevy..Just bought my 2012 from Atlantic in Bayshore and I beileve I am closer to Robert Chevy..oh well..I pretty much have the same options as you but only have the 18's...maybe down the road I will throw some 19's on..
Old 08-21-2011, 11:43 PM   #6
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Very nice. Now comes the fun part. Sleepless nights, daydreaming, and endless thoughts of when you'll pick it up. Have fun and drive it safe!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
jasonsk287

Thanks so much everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY2012RS View Post
Congrats Jason...It never dawned on me to go to Robert Chevy..Just bought my 2012 from Atlantic in Bayshore and I beileve I am closer to Robert Chevy..oh well..I pretty much have the same options as you but only have the 18's...maybe down the road I will throw some 19's on..
Funny you say that; we're out in Mastic and not exactly close to Robert- I didn't even know Robert existed until a couple of months back when we remembered that my dad's friend is the sales manager there. It was worth the drive for us. I walked onto Atlantic's lot to poke around last week and a salesman came out and asked if I needed help. He was nice enough but told me that the 2011s were "exactly the same" as the 2012s. I knew I wanted to deal with Robert anyway so it wasn't a big deal. Congrats on your 1LT!!! Pics anywhere?
Old 08-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
Archontruth

Drives: 2012 1LT Coupe
Congratulations! That's very similar to the one I ordered (yellow paint, and without the sunroof or bigger wheels). Now the hard part: waiting for it.

I'd recommend http://chevroletconnects.com/ once you get your order number, they email you updates when the production status changes, and the website has a comprehensive list of all the options on the vehicle, so you can make sure they got it right (that was a concern for me, as the salesman I used was a nice guy but kinda clueless).

Delivered 10/7/2011
Archontruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #9
jasonsk287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archontruth View Post
Congratulations! That's very similar to the one I ordered (yellow paint, and without the sunroof or bigger wheels). Now the hard part: waiting for it.

I'd recommend http://chevroletconnects.com/ once you get your order number, they email you updates when the production status changes, and the website has a comprehensive list of all the options on the vehicle, so you can make sure they got it right (that was a concern for me, as the salesman I used was a nice guy but kinda clueless).
Thanks! I got lucky and had a veteran keying my order into AutoBook. And Bob, the sales manager, was standing there through the whole process. I can't wait to get my order # (should come this week) so I can start tracking! Thanks for the website and good luck with your order too!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:03 AM   #10
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Awesome Jason!!! Plenty of C5'ers here in NJ to meet up with

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:18 AM   #11
Jaggimann

Drives: 2012 1LT Rally Yellow W/Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsk287 View Post
Today was the day; after looking at the Camaro for almost a year and carefully planning since January, I have finally placed my order. I ordered a 2012 1LT coupe, Summit White with Black stripes. Auto transmission (can't drive stick), convenience package w/remote start, rear vision package, sunroof, 19 inch wheels (look ALOT nicer than 18-inch 1LT wheels IMO), and compact spare tire/wheel. MSRP $30,450.

I got lucky; my dad is friends with the sales manager at a Chevy dealer so I got a fantastic experience and a great deal on the car. Out of respect for the dealer I am not going to post the exact deal here since they said they don't do it for everyone, and I don't want to burn any bridges. But I got lucky and I'm grateful. I did plenty of homework too. I'm 23 years old, graduated from college last year, and my employment situation has just changed so I can finally afford to go for it

I will say that anyone in the Long Island/ Queens/ Brooklyn NY area should go the extra mile to Robert Chevrolet in Hicksville. The staff there is so nice and accommodating. My salesperson was Abdul, he has 24 years of experience and was very friendly and funny. He knew his stuff too. I was very comfortable and the whole process took no more than a half hour. They simply entered my information into GM AutoBook and we wrote up the deal. My parents even talked to them about also leasing a Cruze for my brother (great little car).

I was informed that the order will be placed with GM this Thursday and I can pick up my build sheet and receive my order number then. I'm excited!! Will keep everyone informed. C5 has been a great resource and I look forward to being a part of it further.

Jason
I ordered my car there 2 !!! I had Sam ...pretty excited bad boy should be in next week as long as irene doesnt delay it more but dealship has no control on that... i was supposed to get it last week...but delays came from chevy...good to hear they are taking time to perfect these cars!! i was in qc 2 weeks now more excited then ever
I think i got a decent deal 2 what was ur price pm me...same car as u no sunroof or upgraded wheels !! lol
only thing i dont like about them is no ready inventory.. atlantic has bigger collection ... but this is so convenient + i custom ordered!!! yeah i like the service 2 !!!
Jaggimann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #12
jasonsk287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggimann View Post
I ordered my car there 2 !!! I had Sam ...pretty excited bad boy should be in next week as long as irene doesnt delay it more but dealship has no control on that... i was supposed to get it last week...but delays came from chevy...good to hear they are taking time to perfect these cars!! i was in qc 2 weeks now more excited then ever
I think i got a decent deal 2 what was ur price pm me...same car as u no sunroof or upgraded wheels !! lol
only thing i dont like about them is no ready inventory.. atlantic has bigger collection ... but this is so convenient + i custom ordered!!! yeah i like the service 2 !!!

I'll pm you.. congrats on the car and can't wait to see your pics when you get it. Got my first order status today.