Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #15
kelley@vectormotorsports

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinthawk View Post
Thanks for the help, but the tuner still can not unlock the stock tune. I will have to
check with Vector to see if they can help.
When you return to stock, the car is stock. Period. There is no lock. Superchips or Diablo systems seem to have no problems reading the tune after it is returned to stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@MagnaCharger View Post
Quinthawk,
I talked with our tuner and he said that from what he has seen that Vectors tuner leaves something in the ECU that prevents its maps from being read (even the "stock" reflash) and that even a dealership might not be able to reflash it back to a fully stock program. He recommends calling Vector to see what they say about unlocking the ecu so that our tuner will work with it.

Jon Barrett
MagnaCharger
Not true. We can (and have) re-flashed an ECM returned to stock with a GM MDI probably a hundred times. The GM MDI shows the ECM as stock no matter how many times it has been modified and returned to stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim2SS View Post
I had a Vector tune on my car before I installed my E-Force S/C. I had no problem returning it back to stock and then putting on the SCT tune. But yes I would call Kirk he is awesome with customer service!!
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Isn't this illegal for a tuner to lock a customer's ECU? Why the hell would a tuner do this to someone's property?

If so, I guess from now on, anyone who is getting a tune, better get a written confirmation from the tuner that there no lock BS is involved.
Who locked a stock tune? You obviously are not talking about us. Unless you are just being ignorant of the situation and "assuming" that is the case.

But who would do that? Pretty rare someone on a forum would post something as fact with no proof.

We are working with the customer on this issue. We have had hundreds of our tunes returned to stock and then modified by countless different software systems with ZERO issues. We have well over 1500 of these systems out there (all on late model GM vehicles) and nearly 200 on 2010 Camaros, so we kinda know how this stuff works.

But assume and speculate away!!
kelley@vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #16
quinthawk

Drives: 2010 camaro ss, 2012 ZL1, 2021 LT1
Kirk has quickly responded to my requests for help and has provided a fix for my
problem. The service Vector has provided to me has been excellent, any compatability issues have been addressed promptly by Vector.
quinthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #17
Will@Apf

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinthawk View Post
Kirk has quickly responded to my requests for help and has provided a fix for my
problem. The service Vector has provided to me has been excellent, any compatability issues have been addressed promptly by Vector.
Thats customer service ... now upload your flash ans burn some rubber!!!
Will@Apf is offline   Reply With Quote