Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-01-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Talk about Hi-Ram

Not sure if you guys follow Pray’s YT channel but he sure keeps at doing new things for the 6th gen platform.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=11w4x6IjB4c

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“

Last edited by Trochoidal; 04-01-2020 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Added “gen”
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:07 PM   #2
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
back in the day we would section and add volume to the B engine Integra manifold just as Pray is doing, then we found big plenum just had too much lazy air on the back cylinders, so the manifold spacer was cut at an angle. This decreasing plenum volume did the trick, Ferrari and now Audi do the same thing. So I have no doubt that after the front is opened, Pray will find the back has to come down.

look at the top plenum of the new ultra, see how it tappers down to keep the air velocity up:

https://www.importimageracing.com/pr...HYq9-x3_FvaqeM

of course this design is different as the have a ying yang counter expansion plenum going on. OK
https://www.bimmerboost.com/images/i...84443394-1.jpg
Attached Images

Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:22 PM   #3
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
That’s a lot more of an angle than what I expected to see based on your response. That has to be a solid 15° angle from front to back. Good point about the lazy air. I see the same thing you’re talking about in this manifold.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:30 PM   #4
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
yep and you can see this happen when the front is opened to the max, ah the good-old days of backyard science. My tig weldings still sucks.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:19 AM   #5
OneSlowV

Drives: 2018 camaro ss
Idk 151 mph na seems like a lot to ask for na

2020 CAMARO LT1 6spd 11.02@ 135 dragy approved
OneSlowV is offline   Reply With Quote