#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-12-2018, 08:19 AM   #99
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
This diff has the ability to apply power to one or the other axle through the ELSD.

Ted.
It really doesn't. The eLSD can't choose the wheel to send power to. It only has one clutch that is used to limit the slip. There's no magic in this diff. It's simply a computer controlled limited slip differential with some clever software behind it.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:28 AM   #100
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
It really doesn't. The eLSD can't choose the wheel to send power to. It only has one clutch that is used to limit the slip. There's no magic in this diff. It's simply a computer controlled limited slip differential with some clever software behind it.
Like I said I don't completely understand how it works but I know for a fact what it's doing.

The Wizard they got on my case says there is a bushing in bind and wants the tech to put the car at ride height and losen and retorque all the bolts.

I am thinking to myself the Car has all Heim Joints except for 1 bushing on each side SMH.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #101
NicD

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Ted not trying to step on your thread, but i hope this helps, its what i found on SI and added it to help.

The software is for the Rear Differential Clutch Control Module (RDCCM) as far as we can find the new updated Version 2, was Released November 20, 2017 and on
March 01, 2018 – was Added to Corvette model.
I don't show any updates that would address this particular complaint. The last update available in TIS for both the ZL1 and the Z06 in the K47 RDCCM is 84393356 which only addresses the false setting of DTC C0407.04. The previous one to that was to update for DTC C0800 and C0805. Before that it was just listed for software robustness and updated calibrations and functionality. What is the actual TSB you are referencing and can you copy/paste here?
Old 04-12-2018, 08:52 PM   #102
thewizard

Drives: 2017 zl1
Mine does it also. I bought the car new in August and haven't taken it to the track yet because I don't feel comfortable with it. I thought it was me. As soon as I felt it starting to pull, I would get out of it.
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:41 AM   #103
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicD View Post
I don't show any updates that would address this particular complaint. The last update available in TIS for both the ZL1 and the Z06 in the K47 RDCCM is 84393356 which only addresses the false setting of DTC C0407.04. The previous one to that was to update for DTC C0800 and C0805. Before that it was just listed for software robustness and updated calibrations and functionality. What is the actual TSB you are referencing and can you copy/paste here?
Sorry I don't have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
Mine does it also. I bought the car new in August and haven't taken it to the track yet because I don't feel comfortable with it. I thought it was me. As soon as I felt it starting to pull, I would get out of it.
Can you PM me your name address, phone number, and vin number so I can pass this info along to my dealer.

Also Call GM Customer service and start a case on it, Something I should have done a week ago but didn't know since I have never has any problems with my GM vehicles the dealer couldn't take care of on the first try.

The car was there since Wednesday, I was at the dealer last night, The Tech had the car on the alignment rack and was showing me how the alignment was off a bit and he was convinced that was going to fix it.

I politely laughed and explained to him the reason the alignment is off a bit is because I changed the corner weights after I aligned it here.

He replied well I have to go through this step Per GM, I said have at it.

I explained to him the car has had 2 different alignment settings and ZERO affect on the torque steer.

So he proceeded to do the alignment and was all proud of his work, He did a nice job I watched.

He was crushed when we road tested the car, and now has a new found respect for my word LOL.

So we pulled up the exploded drawings of the ELSD so I can get a better understanding of how it works, which leads me to believe that the clutch pack either does not have enough clearance in it or it stuck on.

The clutch pack is located on the right side of the diff.

So I took the car for now so he can try and get a GM Service Rep to come to the dealer and meet me there next week.

Ted.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:18 PM   #104
NOGO17Z

Drives: NFG17ZL1
My car has been doing it since new, but with the Dealer looking for obvious things they typically "can't duplicate". Thanks for helping pave the way. I will be taking the shop foreman for a ride next week so they can identify my concerns without beating on my car. I will provide feedback once I know more from my end.
NOGO17Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:21 AM   #105
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGO17Z View Post
My car has been doing it since new, but with the Dealer looking for obvious things they typically "can't duplicate". Thanks for helping pave the way. I will be taking the shop foreman for a ride next week so they can identify my concerns without beating on my car. I will provide feedback once I know more from my end.
Find a long flat straight road where you can let go of the wheel the car goes straight with no power being applied.

Squeeze the throttle and it moves to the left lane even if you hold the wheel perfectly straight.

It takes about 1/2 inch of right rotation of the wheel to keep it in the same lane under acceleration then you have the same problem I have.

They want to replace the torque to yield bolts, and torque them at ride height but I am laughing to myself thinking you guys are wasting time and effort chasing a ghost it is not in the suspension it is in the differential.

If it where in the suspension or alignment the would not go straight when cruising.

This is the Only car with this Diff and is the Only this diff has the capability to drive one axle with power pushing the car to the left lane.

Ted.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:57 AM   #106
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
My 2015 z06 has the elsd as well. I haven’t noticed anything abnormal when under acceleration with it. When I get the zl1 1le I will let you know if that does it or not as soon as the roads don’t have salt on them up here in nh.
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual

Last edited by closs2sx; 04-16-2018 at 08:54 AM.
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:10 AM   #107
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
They want to replace the torque to yield bolts, and torque them at ride height but I am laughing to myself thinking you guys are wasting time and effort chasing a ghost it is not in the suspension it is in the differential.
Have the field engineers arrived yet, or are the dealer jokers still fooling with it?

I'm surprised they haven't focused in on the diff, given the error code they recorded.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:28 AM   #108
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Have the field engineers arrived yet, or are the dealer jokers still fooling with it?

I'm surprised they haven't focused in on the diff, given the error code they recorded.
No we we are trying to schedule something around this winter weather we are getting.

They cleared the code and it didn't return but they didn't put any miles on it either.

maybe its back now that I drove the car.

Ted.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #109
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
Mine does this too.
...has done this since I got past my break in period in July of 2017.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #110
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsadryheat79 View Post
Mine does this too.
Next Monday/Tuesday finally looks warm enough to try this and see if mine does it and I just don't remember...
Old 04-16-2018, 10:21 AM   #111
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsadryheat79 View Post
Mine does this too.
Please call GM customer service and file a complaint and get a case number.

The more of us that notify GM the faster this will get resolved.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #112
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Wow...Hopefully you guys get this resolved. I'm not sure if it's worth it but maybe go out on your own tab and buy a new/used diff and see if that fixes it?

Stunned at how many problems keep popping up with this 6th gen ZL1.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote