Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-03-2022, 10:41 AM   #1
whip99

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Spark Plug recommendation

Back with another question which may seem silly to some, but need some recommendations on a good spark plug and gap for the following build: Stock lower, PRC heads (stock combustion), TSP Cam (23x/24x, .645/ .635, 113 LSA), Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Nick Williams 103 TB. Rotofab CAI. Going to be tuned for 93 octane. Seems like most the searches I find are mostly referring to boosted engines. Any help would be greatly appreciated !
whip99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 05:16 PM   #2
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by whip99 View Post
Back with another question which may seem silly to some, but need some recommendations on a good spark plug and gap for the following build: Stock lower, PRC heads (stock combustion), TSP Cam (23x/24x, .645/ .635, 113 LSA), Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Nick Williams 103 TB. Rotofab CAI. Going to be tuned for 93 octane. Seems like most the searches I find are mostly referring to boosted engines. Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Have you tried the OEM spark plugs? From what I understand, colder heat range spark plugs are needed for forced induction (blower, turbo, or nitrous). Your set up being naturally aspirated, I would believe that the stock factory plugs would work. You will be missing out on a good amount of power by keeping it on 93, you should consider a flex fuel tune so you can have both 93 and e85, or even blend them when you want.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 06:32 PM   #3
whip99

Thanks for the reply 1LE ! E85 is kinda limited where I live and the car is really just more for fun. No plans on racing it. But you do make a valid point. I'm a little bit away from having it put back together, so I will definitely give your suggestion some thought !
Old 07-03-2022, 06:46 PM   #4
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by whip99 View Post
Thanks for the reply 1LE ! E85 is kinda limited where I live and the car is really just more for fun. No plans on racing it. But you do make a valid point. I'm a little bit away from having it put back together, so I will definitely give your suggestion some thought !
I'm in the same situation, but I decided to do the blower instead. I love how well these cars respond to heads and cam like you are doing, but I love the stealth and stock manners of the blower set up. Blower kit is sitting here, just waiting on the LT4 fuel system upgrade to come through so I can install and take it to the tuner. You won't be disappointed with a flex fuel tune, you get the best of both worlds.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:55 AM   #5
whip99

Thanks ! Good luck with your build !