Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-18-2018, 10:43 PM   #71
Snrub

Drives: Gone: 2017 Camaro SS
Yarbie - There might be some people in the thread who over worried, but there were at least a couple that were legit. I can assure you my issue is real, the low engine temp hesitation is not normal and the OBDII misfire counts are real. Even at idle, any time the engine felt rough at idle it was a misfire. I suspect many people may experience misfires every once and a while and it may not be a big deal. If you would like to fire up your OBDII reader of choice, I'd be very interested to hear your relevant experience.
Snrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:15 PM   #72
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Yeah, I'm having this, dropped the car off today. It's like jerking backwards while driving in the first few miles, like the engine is cutting out momentarily. It damn sure ain't cam-lope and it damn sure isn't normal.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #73
JamesNoBrakes

So they are telling me they have to take the Elite Engineering catch can off and reinstall the original parts to troubleshoot it because “that’s what the service bulletin says”. Misfire at idle.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 12-21-2018, 04:54 PM   #74
zl1 canada

Drives: 2017 ZL1 coupe
my 2017 has same issue with cold misfires and bucks as I leave the yard for the first mile, and black smoke on cold start up, has to be parked for over a day, I am thinking an injector also, left it at the dealer but did not see anything, they just sate in car with scanner and did not take it out for a spin until like 5 minutes later, I had well told them to have the scanner ready and leave with the car cold, it has been 2 years now and 9000 miles, not sure it did it the first few 1000 miles, car is put away for the winter, will check with them next year again, maybe by then there could be a bulletin out for this issue.

I know many say to not worry, but what happens after warranty is finished and engine has had enough of the extra fuel in cylinders after all them years
zl1 canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 05:31 PM   #75
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1 canada View Post
my 2017 has same issue with cold misfires and bucks as I leave the yard for the first mile, and black smoke on cold start up, has to be parked for over a day, I am thinking an injector also, left it at the dealer but did not see anything, they just sate in car with scanner and did not take it out for a spin until like 5 minutes later, I had well told them to have the scanner ready and leave with the car cold, it has been 2 years now and 9000 miles, not sure it did it the first few 1000 miles, car is put away for the winter, will check with them next year again, maybe by then there could be a bulletin out for this issue.

I know many say to not worry, but what happens after warranty is finished and engine has had enough of the extra fuel in cylinders after all them years
Mine is only 5500. They say it's not throwing a code, but even they say it's obviously misfiring at idle (and before it's warmed up).

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 12-22-2018, 11:44 AM   #76
zl1 canada

Drives: 2017 ZL1 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1 canada View Post

if they don't find it I will, I have snapon scope and scanner, just did not take the time myself to diagnose the problem, will find out what is normal bleed rate for the fuel system ect..
haven't had the time after work to look at it, when I do I rather take it out for a drive
zl1 canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:20 PM   #77
WTS

Drives: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
So they are telling me they have to take the Elite Engineering catch can off and reinstall the original parts to troubleshoot it because “that’s what the service bulletin says”. Misfire at idle.
They have to remove the CC in order to troubleshoot because it might be letting unmetered air into the engine and causing what used to be called a vacuum leak and that WILL cause a rough idle.
WTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 06:06 PM   #78
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTS View Post
They have to remove the CC in order to troubleshoot because it might be letting unmetered air into the engine and causing what used to be called a vacuum leak and that WILL cause a rough idle.
Maybe, not sure where might fittings wouldn't have been tight, everything was pretty damn tight. Just had to help out the dealer today who was "looking for a part" on the diagram...the end of the sound-tube that goes into the firewall. They thought it was missing because it's plugged off, so I had to point it out, also the fact that the sound tube just brings sound in the cabin when installed, so they can just plug off the intake rather than re-install it. They are going to install the rest of the OEM fittings.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 01-01-2019, 08:56 PM   #79
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Just my $0.02.

I actually had a CEL for "Cold Start Rough Idle" a couple of times (P050D). It also appeared with another code for misfires (can't remember that one) and turns out I had a clogged injector (#7). Agree if there's an issue there should be a CEL. Not trying to contribute to the paranoia just relaying a situation I experienced.

BTW, I only run 91+ TopTier (91 is the best I can get here at elevation).

Last edited by RicSimonis; 01-01-2019 at 09:07 PM.
RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:54 AM   #80
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSimonis View Post
Just my $0.02.
I figure the car will run fine on the fuel available in the locations the sell the car, if it didn't, they wouldn't sell it there.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 01-02-2019, 06:12 PM   #81
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I figure the car will run fine on the fuel available in the locations the sell the car, if it didn't, they wouldn't sell it there.
Agreed.

Only reason I mention it is because the dealer tech asked about it.

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:25 PM   #82
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSimonis View Post
Just my $0.02.

I actually had a CEL for "Cold Start Rough Idle" a couple of times (P050D). It also appeared with another code for misfires (can't remember that one) and turns out I had a clogged injector (#7). Agree if there's an issue there should be a CEL. Not trying to contribute to the paranoia just relaying a situation I experienced.

I just had those codes pop for me today on a cold start. I cleared them and i'll see if they pop up again. If they do i'll take it to the dealer and tell them to check the injectors.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:26 AM   #83
gmw0181

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I too had the slight misfire during cold start. I went looking for a vacuum leak and found my PVC connection not snapped down. The formed hose look ok but when I pushed it down it snapped/locked back on.
gmw0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:59 AM   #84
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal seeker View Post
Ran it again tonight and it seems to be less significant. I'm hoping some of you are right and it's nothing to worry about.
I think if you are really worried about this you should invest in a real time scan tool that will show you detected misfires before a CEL is logged. These are not that expensive.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote