#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-21-2017, 05:44 PM   #393
Tomiboy

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Here's a little different flavor- here is a video of my brother driving the GT4 coming on track right behind me in the 1LE at Mid Ohio last weekend in the instructor run group. My car was on Yokohama non-dot take-off slicks, the GT4 is on Pirelli Pzero non-dot take-off slicks. Once my brother warmed up the tires, we had a blast snaking through traffic together... I just wish we would have gotten a few more laps! Only one close call, when he carried a little too much speed on entry to T7 and dropped two wheels in the grass. Amazing how well matched the 1LE and GT4 are on track.

https://youtu.be/xqaT0Xk0INEed
My a$$hole puckered up when ur brother went off! HAHA great driving! Nice cooperation by the slower drivers too. Man that track looks fun!
Tomiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:49 PM   #394
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Here's a little different flavor- here is a video of my brother driving the GT4 coming on track right behind me in the 1LE at Mid Ohio last weekend in the instructor run group. My car was on Yokohama non-dot take-off slicks, the GT4 is on Pirelli Pzero non-dot take-off slicks. Once my brother warmed up the tires, we had a blast snaking through traffic together... I just wish we would have gotten a few more laps! Only one close call, when he carried a little too much speed on entry to T7 and dropped two wheels in the grass. Amazing how well matched the 1LE and GT4 are on track.

https://youtu.be/xqaT0Xk0INEed
Awesome vid! Awesome 1LE
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:11 PM   #395
TrackClub

Mid O is a fantastic venue. Just don't ever want to end up on China Beach
Old 06-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #396
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomiboy View Post
My a$$hole puckered up when ur brother went off! HAHA great driving! Nice cooperation by the slower drivers too. Man that track looks fun!
Yeah, I know... he recovered quickly though. He's a very talented driver- he was the one who introduced/hooked me on track driving. Ohio Vally PCA is such a great club- very aware instructors overall. Mid Ohio rocks, and not often you get to watch yourself drive from such a cool perspective!
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:44 PM   #397
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)

Ridge event from this past Wednesday. I could improve my personal best by a "whopping" .02 seconds :P
I was about the drop another half or full second then someone blew and engine and spilled oil on Turn 5 so I decided not to push it any further that day .

Hopefully my slicks will be here pretty soon so that I will get a chance to compare against them to my NT01s next time
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:56 PM   #398
glamcem

a few pictures from the event:

Old 06-24-2017, 08:42 PM   #399
TrackClub

Finally did a track day today, after waiting for 3 wks for proper break in and fluid changes.
Ran everything bone stock.
After 3 stints I've decided I am not liking this car...
Old 06-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #400
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Finally did a track day today, after waiting for 3 wks for proper break in and fluid changes.
Ran everything bone stock.
After 3 stints I've decided I am not liking this car...
Anything specific?
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:16 PM   #401
glamcem

^^ yes, can you please elaborate? What were the expectations and what were the outcomes?
Old 06-24-2017, 09:29 PM   #402
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Anything specific?
Well yes. For starters, it is stupid fast bone stock.
Then it took only 3 stints for me to better my previous PB in my old track Vette on NT01s - imagine that! Also, the car handles too well. I actually think it is too balanced. It sounds too good and the seats are too comfy and effective for track duty - I didn't event miss not having a 5 point harness - seriously: what's with that?!
Finally, I did about 6 stints and not a single car passed me: inconceivable! I am sure I am missing some points, but you get the idea - right?

So, that's why I am not liking this car - I am friggin LOVING it!!!!
Old 06-24-2017, 10:00 PM   #403
TrackClub

Ya I know: some twisted humour right? But I had to do it The car is stupid awesome. And I did forget to mention that the turn in and mid corner balance are amazing. Much better than my track car with full suspension on slicks. The exit can be a wee bit pushy at times but that's likely PTM Race related or maybe my R foot? I was astonished that I could actually push the car this hard after 40min practice not having driven it ever before. Talk about confidence inspiring! VERY impressed with Good Years. Stock pads are good too IMO. Easy to modulate. This track is killer on brakes yet I got almost no fade. Not to say a bit more aggressive compound wouldn't be better and as such I have already ordered Reysbestos. But again, very impressed with the tires! I have a set of stock size Cup2 ready, will see how they do pace and longevity wise, but they better wow me as they cost twice as much...We shall see. Anyhow, fantastic car!

PS Sorry no vids, as I don't do social media except for blogs. Will post some pix in the future tho.

EDIT: and another thing: I just LOVE rev match. Mind you it took a few laps to unlearn the urge to blip lol! But the ability to downshift just before turn in without worrying about effing it up and locking up the rears is superb. And this old dog will embrace this little tech invention with pleasure!
Old 06-24-2017, 11:30 PM   #404
slowman

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE|08 Civic Mugen Si
I was a bit worried when I saw your comment about not liking it - then felt better after reading your elaboration on the comment! Hahaha.

I, too, just completed my first track event in the 1LE today and oh my word, what a fantastic experience. Truly unbelievable what this car is capable of. This was the fourth track day of my life and I also NEVER had one person in my rear view unless it was someone I just passed. Then they faded away pretty quickly.

The highlight was getting the point bye by a new 911 GT3RS! That felt pretty dang good - all though I was running novice. Still a very nice feeling and the fact that no one was able to get up to me was just astonishing.

And the brakes - ohh the brakes - fantastic. Stock pads with Motul 660 fluid. Amazing. Tires - great as well. I'm running the alignment as it left the factory - will probably get the track alignment done soon.

Came home and immediately registered for the next event at Putnam! 1LE is a winner folks!
Old 06-25-2017, 02:06 AM   #405
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
This car is so well balance on mid corner, entry/exit its unlike anything I have ever felt... Its like the GM engineers know how to set up a chassis... who would have thought. It does have a hint of understeer which is expected from a production car for liability reasons.

This car really does impress the heck out of me. 305/325 NT01's incoming!!!
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:10 AM   #406
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Ya I know: some twisted humour right? But I had to do it The car is stupid awesome. And I did forget to mention that the turn in and mid corner balance are amazing. Much better than my track car with full suspension on slicks. The exit can be a wee bit pushy at times but that's likely PTM Race related or maybe my R foot? I was astonished that I could actually push the car this hard after 40min practice not having driven it ever before. Talk about confidence inspiring! VERY impressed with Good Years. Stock pads are good too IMO. Easy to modulate. This track is killer on brakes yet I got almost no fade. Not to say a bit more aggressive compound wouldn't be better and as such I have already ordered Reysbestos. But again, very impressed with the tires! I have a set of stock size Cup2 ready, will see how they do pace and longevity wise, but they better wow me as they cost twice as much...We shall see. Anyhow, fantastic car!

PS Sorry no vids, as I don't do social media except for blogs. Will post some pix in the future tho.

EDIT: and another thing: I just LOVE rev match. Mind you it took a few laps to unlearn the urge to blip lol! But the ability to downshift just before turn in without worrying about effing it up and locking up the rears is superb. And this old dog will embrace this little tech invention with pleasure!
Ahh, ok I also think the rev match works flawlessly just when you think you blip enough it sometimes makes up for the difference which is really nice and very needed on a car with this amount of torque IMO. If you blip perfectly that's fine since it won't interfere anything it's just added benefit not a compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
This car is so well balance on mid corner, entry/exit its unlike anything I have ever felt... Its like the GM engineers know how to set up a chassis... who would have thought. It does have a hint of understeer which is expected from a production car for liability reasons.

This car really does impress the heck out of me. 305/325 NT01's incoming!!!
Good choice with good amount of camber, they wear out pretty evenly. These are the fronts after 3 events they look pretty good IMO, rears are in even better shape than these

I also found a great deal on a pair of new 325/30/19 NT01s ordered and received another set of rear tires I will also need to order some 305 30 19s for front as a spare. Used slicks are on the way also (295 680 19" F and 305 690 19" R Pirelli DHs) so I will get a chance to compare them against to my current 305/325s.