Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-01-2017, 12:41 AM   #1
Ev1lSS
Humble

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Talking Can Install parts

Okay guys sorry a little new too this but I have help from a great friend who knows what he's doing.

I've decide to go with the Texas Speed 231/236 cam, I know I need trunion kit, ls7 lifters, GM multi layered gaskets (2), oil pump(recommendations) C5-r timing chain and dampener. Any more parts that are recommended that I should do while installing the cam? I know this might be posted somewhere else and I do apologize. I am somewhat mechanically incline and will have a friend who knows a lot about Ls engines but he knows more about his ls1 and I want to surprise him with some of my own knowledge from you guys. By getting my own parts and things with out his help. My future goal is to at least have a 550whp. Right now I have Headers exhaust and cai I will be getting tuned soon. I'm getting street tune and then when I cam my tuner will only be charging me $50 after the initial $350. Your wisdom guys is really appreciated thanks in advance.

2010 Camaro SS M6
Ev1lSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:47 AM   #2
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
As an FYI, hitting 550rwhp is gonna be crazy hard while staying NA. The money you're gonna spend trying to do it, you might as well just go FI just my .02 haha.

But I'm in the same boat, just ordered a cam kit myself. Here's what I got:
- Night Fury Camshaft
- .660" Lift BTR Platinum LS Spring Kit; Titanium Ret., .505" ID .060" Thick Loc., Brown/Black Seals
- BTR Chromoly One Piece Pushrods; 7.425" Long, 5/16" Diameter, .080" Wall, Set of 16
- LS Series 3-Bolt Cam Conversion Kit w/Katech C5R Timing Chain
- Melling High Pressure/Standard Volume Oil Pump
- ARP Harmonic Balancer Bolt
- x8 Valve Stem Seals (Per DynoSteve recommendation)
- x8 AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs
- LS2 Dampener

Seems to be a popular time to cam our cars, I'm assuming income tax is to blame
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:29 AM   #3
Ev1lSS
Humble

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Actually I totally forgot about tax time, I've been playnning this for about a year now and then my friend just got his 01 SS cam and it's clapped out and he destroys me so I want to at least give him a run for his money he only thing about my friend he thinks he's a know it all and holds it over my head he can beat me. I know 550 will be hard that's just a future goal I'm shooting for eventually I'm going to go turbo. But since you mentioned tax time I might have to pick up some extra goodies. Lol but I already had about 1500 saved up for the cam install and parts.
Ev1lSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:47 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Check the 5000000000 other hey what do I need to get for a cam threads is a good way to use the search engine on the header..LOL Good Luck and use BR30 driven racing oil for a break in and a 8620 core if you can, I have a trunnion upgrade and I am going to CHE bushings, and pushrods may be recommended in a given length, and new lifters required for higher mileage builds so; head gaskets, TTY bolts, and lifter baskets required even though its a roller..even though its supposed to be like so indestructible ....I do a break in by god. And if you want to go turbo there are cams for that, but the stock block is limited in its hypereutectic not forged build with head gaskets also needed for a FI build better being like ls9 . Lots of things you should be learning about, Good Luck.

Tags
cam, ls3, tune