Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 10-16-2016, 07:43 PM   #15
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyal_Mcneff View Post
Thanks! This was driving me crazy. How much did you have to
loosen it?
Just a tiny bit. As soon as I started to loosen it, it came away from the transmission.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners

Last edited by sub_ETCS_ret; 10-16-2016 at 08:01 PM.
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:52 AM   #16
kkriskal

Drives: 2018 2SS Triple Black Performance
Hello Camaro Friends,

Sorry to re-trigger this slightly old thread. I just got my 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS A8 about 3 weeks back (I owned a 2016 1SS A8 earlier). This exact same issue has been in my 2018 from day one (never had it in the 2016). However, this does Not happen at 5 mph but between 10 and 18 mph and then never happens and that too only with slight throttle, if I drive it normally then never happens. But looks like the problem is the same just slightly different speed. This is probably because I have been babying the car for the break in period so my slight acceleration is actually like baby feet so I guess the vibration kicks in at the same level of car/transmission vibration.

Having said that, I set up lights under the car and saw the exact spot that was in the pics that was shared in the topic but the shield looks a lot different from what was in this post. I am Not an expert or rather Not even capable of lifting the car a bit on my own so I don't have any jack or any sort of that thing to actually get in and tap it and check. I am absolutely scared to take it to the dealer for them to abuse my car in the name of testing. The rattle is very mild, i mean really really mild, it actually sounds like the dash is rattling since I can't feel it in my feet, I even tried it without any shoes so absolutely confused. My car has about 700 miles now and I think it has gotten a little better than day one, don't know maybe couple of trips to Denver make that shield expand, set in a bit, just assumptions.

Again, just to be clear, it sounds more plastic rattle to my ears, like some panel or dash or center console noise but I could be wrong, have no idea how to isolate and find out at least if it is inside or outside. This noise never happens when in park or Neutral. I have tried putting it in D, holding on to the Brake + ebrake and rev the engine to the exact RPM (to the point when it actually happens when driving) but it does Not happen. I think if it is the shield under the car, then it should happen just with revs correct?

Last edited by kkriskal; 01-10-2018 at 11:47 AM.
kkriskal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #17
W16camaro2SS

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss
DID it sounded like this?
https://youtu.be/iwVLbkIp-uA
This is how my car sounds. After i drive it for 30min. But then the sound goes away
W16camaro2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:14 AM   #18
Tide17

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by W16camaro2SS View Post
DID it sounded like this?
https://youtu.be/iwVLbkIp-uA
This is how my car sounds. After i drive it for 30min. But then the sound goes away
W16camaro2SS have you found a solution? That’s the exact same thing mine is doing and it’s driving me nuts. Spent 4 hours at the dealer and they couldn’t figure it out so I figured I’ll do it myself.
Tide17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:48 PM   #19
leggatt

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide17 View Post
W16camaro2SS have you found a solution? That’s the exact same thing mine is doing and it’s driving me nuts. Spent 4 hours at the dealer and they couldn’t figure it out so I figured I’ll do it myself.
Did you figure this out? I have the same issue
leggatt is offline   Reply With Quote