Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 07-17-2018, 07:42 AM   #1
Bob Ranny

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS Red Hot
Hesitation/Hiccup/Blip on rev-up in neutral???

Just bought a new, leftover 2017 Camaro, V6 M6 at a great discount (31% off list). Every time I rev up the engine in neutral or with the clutch engaged I get a momentary short hesitation or hiccup/blip that I can hear and feel. Upon take off in 1st gear, like you would do at a red light, a few quick revs then take off, I get this short hesitation/hiccup every time. This makes the 1st gear take off not as smooth as it should be.

I took it to my dealer who checked it out and the technician said there were no error codes etc... and thats just the way they are! I should have insisted that he test drive it but he didn't seem too interested in going beyond hooking it up to his test equipment. I plan to go back and discuss with the service manager.

So, wondering if any V6 owners, manual or automatic, notice a hesitation/hiccup/blip (for lack of better terms) as you give your Camaro a quick 20% rev-up in neutral, in your driveway or at a red light.

Guessing most, if not all of you, rev-up smoothly in neutral as one would expect!

Thanks all for checking & responding!

Last edited by Bob Ranny; 07-17-2018 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Add thanks
Bob Ranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:29 AM   #2
Bob Ranny

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS Red Hot
Taking it to the dealer today, starting to think oxygen sensor problem, don't have the problem on start up when cold, becomes more apparent after a minute or two as the O2 sensors warm up! Will post the results.
Bob Ranny is offline   Reply With Quote