Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-08-2015, 08:56 AM   #183
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9020B View Post
I thought the same thing. I am not digging the turn the vent to adjust the temp thing either at this point. I will withhold complete judgment until I operate it, but it looks like a fail from my keyboard.
Its a turn dial just like it would be otherwise. Its just larger and saves space....I don't get why people wouldn't like it. I think its a great idea.

Opinions...everyone's got em.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:07 AM   #184
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Its a turn dial just like it would be otherwise. Its just larger and saves space....I don't get why people wouldn't like it. I think its a great idea.

Opinions...everyone's got em.
Yep, you would probably still have some sort of trim anyway around the vent, why not make it functional and eliminate two additional temperature controls that would need to be located elsewhere.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #185
Cjackson

Drives: 2lt, Inferno orange,cb stripes
Things i wish I knew about the 2016 CAMARO

I have a 2010 2LT in IOM with Cyber gray rally stripes.

2016 Camaro:
I like the powertrain, and the vehicle looks sharp. I won;t nit-pick small cosmetic decisions made by GM on this car.

However, I really would like things such as back seat dimensions; I has listened to inane comments such as the engineer indicating that no matter what, the back seat with be rated a "1" by CR. Here is the problem: this car is only 2 inches shorter, but it's also 1+ inch lower. If I wanted a two passenger car I would have already bought a C7. But it's only 50 inches tall (so it's difficult to exit from). There are situations that occur at the last minute that make it difficult to solve if real people don't fit in the back and real people trying to get into the back seat. My wife has arthritis and my 93 year old mother wanted us to take her to some stores. Or even car seats for kids (or grandkids). It happens even when you think just the two of you will be out for a ride.

Next, the front windshield on the C5 is too low to see a stoplight so you have to be back at least a half car length.

Third, pillbox style side windows were noted negatively by auto magazines, and if that wasn't enough, the arm out the window (with the window open) at shoulder level is rediculous.

I really need to see and sit in a 2016 Camaro before I can really get excited and buy a new one. I have waited for this car for close to two years and this is getting old.

I have watched postings which waste reader's time, and are not always intelligent and civil.

I haven't yet decided to continue to post. Hopefully you will read this and realize a lot of thought went into this post and I wish that we can help Chevrolet with objective, logical suggestions, and/or intelligent criticisms.
Cjackson is offline   Reply With Quote