Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 09-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #57
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
It overheated in THREE laps even when there were easy laps staggered in between them. That means that no matter what they did it overheated by the third lap. So hot lap 1, easy lap 2, 3rd lap overheat. That is what it means. It doesn't mean they got three great laps with it overheating on the third. So if you really look at it, that means it is good for only 1 lap. Because if you do one great lap, then an easy lap, and the third lap it overheats, then out of 3 you got one good lap.
LOL, your reading comprehension cannot be that poor. Assuming you know what a "hot lap" means, if the car gave a temp warning on the 3rd "hot lap" with cool down laps staggered between that would mean it gave a temp warning on the 5th lap
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:09 PM   #58
Scraps0f

Drives: 2018 NGM ZL1
Just wield some fins onto the rear dif. Lol
Scraps0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #59
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
LOL, your reading comprehension cannot be that poor. Assuming you know what a "hot lap" means, if the car gave a temp warning on the 3rd "hot lap" with cool down laps staggered between that would mean it gave a temp warning on the 5th lap
From your post.

Quote:
in as few as three hot laps, and even with easy laps staggered between them

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:15 PM   #60
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
From your post.

lets look at two potential scenarios given their statement.

Scenario A) "in as few as 3 hot laps"

Hot lap 1... no overheat
Hot lap 2... no overheat
Hot lap 3... overheat warning

Scenario B) "often in as few as three hot laps, and even with easy laps staggered between them"

Hot lap 1... no overheat
Easy lap
Hot lap 2... no overheat
Easy lap

in their words they staggered easy laps between 3 hot laps."them" being 3 hot laps

its either on lap 3 or on lap 5 but regardless its the 3rd lap of aggressive driving that triggered the warning. And there implication was that in some outings it took longer
Old 09-23-2018, 08:57 PM   #61
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
I've resisted jumping into these bench racing arguments but sometimes they are entertaining. Come on guys - does it matter if the rear diff overheats in 3 laps or 5 laps? Who would want to track any car where the rear diff overheats before you can finish even one short session? If I paid PP2 money and then had this problem I would not be happy!

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:20 PM   #62
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Quote:
lets look at two potential scenarios given their statement.

Scenario A) "in as few as 3 hot laps"

Hot lap 1... no overheat
Hot lap 2... no overheat

Scenario B) "often in as few as three hot laps, and even with easy laps staggered between them"

Hot lap 1... no overheat
Easy lap
Hot lap 2... no overheat
Easy lap

in their words they staggered easy laps between 3 hot laps."them" being 3 hot laps

its either on lap 3 or on lap 5 but regardless its the 3rd lap of aggressive driving that triggered the warning. And there implication was that in some outings it took longer
This is the stupidest, trollest, bullshit I've ever read from you. It says "3rd lap". Not 4, not 6. THREE laps. Even with an easy lap in between. Lap 1 you're fine. That is ONE lap. Lap 2 is an easy lap. That is TWO laps. 3rd lap it overheats. That is THREE laps. Not six bro. You sit here trying to downplay it and make it look like it isn't as bad as it is. WHich is stupid considering that there have been other comments that it overheats after 1 lap. So how is it managing 6 laps if it has been known to overheat even after the first one. That means that it can get thru one lap fine or pushing the limit. A cool down lap is fine. But it still carries some heat from the first lap which causes it to overheat in the third lap. That is THREE laps bro. THREE.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:45 AM   #63
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Look bro if you too thick headed to understand that a hot lap and a cool down lap are two different things I can’t help you. If the car was only capable of one fast lap no experienced driver would think that slowing down a lap would extend the cars capability beyond 1 lap. If 3 hard laps consecutive caused it to overheat then Cool down laps between hard laps may allow you to stay on the track.

If you have 3 sheets of colored paper(hot laps) and you put a sheet of white paper(easy lap) between each colored you now have 5 sheets total... not 6 bro.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:35 AM   #64
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
I've resisted jumping into these bench racing arguments but sometimes they are entertaining. Come on guys - does it matter if the rear diff overheats in 3 laps or 5 laps? Who would want to track any car where the rear diff overheats before you can finish even one short session? If I paid PP2 money and then had this problem I would not be happy!
You’re right, it makes no difference how many laps it beat the 1LE on when discussing lap times. Everyone knows without coolers it’s going to overheat eventually.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:46 AM   #65
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Look bro if you too thick headed to understand that a hot lap and a cool down lap are two different things I can’t help you. If the car was only capable of one fast lap no experienced driver would think that slowing down a lap would extend the cars capability beyond 1 lap. If 3 hard laps consecutive caused it to overheat then Cool down laps between hard laps may allow you to stay on the track.

If you have 3 sheets of colored paper(hot laps) and you put a sheet of white paper(easy lap) between each colored you now have 5 sheets total... not 6 bro.
Why are we arguing over 1 lap or 3. Overheating on a 20 minute track session is a fail no matter what. It cost a pretty penny to go to HPDE's and to have to drive slow or end a session early takes the fun out of it. I'd be pissed if that happend to me even on the 10th lap. AND, I would end up spending time/money fixing the issue. For me, this is a fail.

Let me break this down into something really simple. These two cars are both very similar in power and weight, and they are both the same configuration (2+2 pony/muscle cars, front engine, rear drive, v8's, both can have MRC, pricing, etc...). Simply put, this should be a driver's race. But it really hasn't been (in terms of road course fun) for years.

And it took the release of the PP2 to make it a driver's race, and even with that the PP2 has trouble staying on the track for a full session. That's a fail.

AND, it took using tires that are not good on the street. So, Ford says "it's not a track car". Then why put track tires on it?

It is glaringly obvious that Ford got sick of getting it's a$$ handed to in to the Camaro, and used track tires to get a good hotlap against the competition, even though it's not a track car. But that's all you get. A hot lap (or three). Even according to Ford, the PP2 is not track capable. All that just for a driver's race. The Mustang is just not as sorted out as the Camaro has been for years after several attempts.

BUT, we all know that Ford has the capability. The GT350 has been described as a very well sorted out car for the track (after fixing their overheating issues ironically). So the CAN do it, they just choose not to for the PP2 or PP1 or base Mustang. You have to get at least a 350 to get there.

The Camaro can go to the track and not have any issues, AND put up amazing numbers in any configuration, AND any subjective test shows that the car is completely sorted in every aspect. You don't need their track package (1LE) to track the car or to have the handling and suspension completely soreted out. The regular non-1LE SS beat the M4 in a direct H2H.

I'm glad the PP2 put up a great time, but it still seems to have a bit too much body roll from what I can see, and the overheating is a fail, when all Ford had to do is borrow their suspension goodies and coolers from the GT350 and call it a day. But they didn't. And that = Fail.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:22 AM   #66
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

I’m not arguing that the car not having coolers isn’t an issue. That’s been agreed since the specs were released, but I will argue with people who like to bend facts to make their case. These tests are about how fast of a lap can the car put down not whether the vehicle is for sustained track duty because Ford has stated it is not designed to be. The PP2 is too close in performance capability to the 350 to put coolers on it and have 2 n/a track cars with similar performance. When the 350 is retired you will most likely see a PP2 with coolers.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:40 AM   #67
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Sometimes it seems like Ford makes something cool like the 350. But other times it reminds me of a some dude kludging stuff together in his garage, like the Focus RS and the PP2.

Ford intentionally hobbled the PP2 so it doesn't upset 350 owners, but then they threw Cup2 tires on it so it can (barely) beat the 1LE around maybe 1 track for 1 lap when the stars are aligned just right, but it's not a car intended for the track. It lost MT's driver's car comparison badly. Who would buy this car? It reeks of desperation.
DaveC113 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:45 AM   #68
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
This ways PP2 mustang hits certain price point.... and if owners want they can upgrade to factory parts for moarr speed... GT350 Rear diff and cooler.. Tremec transmission, etc.

Most ppl that buy PP2 will never get it on track.. lucky if they even find bottom 90% of throttle pedal travel

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #69
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Sometimes it seems like Ford makes something cool like the 350. But other times it reminds me of a some dude kludging stuff together in his garage, like the Focus RS and the PP2.

Ford intentionally hobbled the PP2 so it doesn't upset 350 owners, but then they threw Cup2 tires on it so it can (barely) beat the 1LE around maybe 1 track for 1 lap when the stars are aligned just right, but it's not a car intended for the track. It lost MT's driver's car comparison badly. Who would buy this car? It reeks of desperation.
Yeah, no doubt the WORST Mustang for the money.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:25 PM   #70
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Most ppl that buy PP2 will never get it on track.. lucky if they even find bottom 90% of throttle pedal travel
Disagree - most people who won't go to the track won't pay extra for tires that aren't any good on the street. They will opt for PP1 or a base GT and save money and get a better street car.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote