Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-24-2021, 12:25 PM   #10697
CamaroChriSS

Drives: 16 1SS M6 Black -previous 00 Z28 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
Big MOUSE
Yeah seriously! Kind of a pain to get to these filters, but glad I did it - gross!
CamaroChriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:52 PM   #10698
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
I can only think it was a defect.

I had the factory dash in my ‘19 & grown accustom to it. I was hoping it would fill my familiarity & like for the piece. Alas this will not do the job.
Hopefully everything gets worked out!

Back to the mentioning of between brands cf matching.. Snapped a photo between next-gen speed and carbonaddons cf overlays I have. The red cup holder overlay is from carbonaddons and the center steering wheel piece is from next-gen speed. Pretty sure they source product from the same manufacturer somewhere in China or wherever Came in the same type of packaging with the same kind of part numbering system.

willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:12 PM   #10699
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

More tinkering with the interior... added a couple more carbon fiber trim pieces/overlays/etc

Last piece I put on today was the cf shifter trim piece:
Old 08-26-2021, 09:10 PM   #10700
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
More tinkering with the interior... added a couple more carbon fiber trim pieces/overlays/etc

Last piece I put on today was the cf shifter trim piece:
“Try not to burn my junk off.” Doing that in the car with a heat gun you obviously got balls of steel, so…

Really like the looks of it all covered.

I slipped into the garage last night & added the shifter surround. I’ll try to feel like adding the console surround tomorrow. (In the 3rd day of a garage revamp & after 10hrs a day I just don’t feel like doing much)
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:35 AM   #10701
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
I put on my new to me door and console black suede inserts instead of the plastic.

Then I washed her up and went to a meet.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 01:38 AM   #10702
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Installed Eibach Pro springs on my ZL1
Old 08-27-2021, 06:52 AM   #10703
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Installed Eibach Pro springs on my ZL1
How’s the ride compare?
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:49 AM   #10704
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Quote:
“Try not to burn my junk off.” Doing that in the car with a heat gun you obviously got balls of steel, so…

Really like the looks of it all covered.

I slipped into the garage last night & added the shifter surround. I’ll try to feel like adding the console surround tomorrow. (In the 3rd day of a garage revamp & after 10hrs a day I just don’t feel like doing much)
Nice! Haha, and yeah... I guess it's good I already have 5 kids so I don't need anymore anyways! Lol.

The big console overlay piece started to come up a bit right around the knee bolsters so I peeled it up and ended up adding a little adhesion promoter (which I wanted to avoid as it can potentially damage the plastic underneath). With the adhesion promoter the overlay went down and it was 100x stickier, lol, and has not budged since.

I also pulled up the shifter trim piece as it was kind of floated up a bit in the back by the parking brake and I added some additional 3m adhesive and re-installed it and it's now nice and flush.

Yesterday I went ahead and installed the infotainment screen piece as well as the piece that goes around the start engine button

Old 08-27-2021, 10:45 AM   #10705
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
How’s the ride compare?
Honestly i can’t tell a difference, i can tell that i need an alignment tho. The stance looks so much better now! Will post some pictures later today after i get her all cleaned up. Install was no fun with just a floor jack and some hand tools.
Old 08-27-2021, 12:58 PM   #10706
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Xpel appointment finally arrived. There was a 3 month waiting period.

First pictures from the installer
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 01:08 PM   #10707
Kristoff

Drives: 2017 Camaro
That is an awesome Xpel job! how much did it run you if you don't mind me asking.
Kristoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 01:22 PM   #10708
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristoff View Post
That is an awesome Xpel job! how much did it run you if you don't mind me asking.
Thanks

It will cost $4,730 to wrap the front fascia, front fenders, doors, rear quarters, rocker panels and headlights. Its a 1LE so the hood is already wrapped. The guy doing the work is the best. Todd at Wisconsin Clear Bra.

This is the fourth Camaro I've wrapped, and the first that I've done the doors and rear quarters. Those sticky 285 front tires throw so many stones that I felt it was a must. I drive this car!

I love this particular Camaro and can see myself keeping it ...no matter what! Rally Green, 2SS, 1LE, M6. The Camaro teams finest IMO.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 08-27-2021, 01:31 PM   #10709
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Thanks

It will cost $4,730 to wrap the front fascia, front fenders, doors, rear quarters, rocker panels and headlights. Its a 1LE so the hood is already wrapped. The guy doing the work is the best. Todd at Wisconsin Clear Bra.

This is the fourth Camaro I've wrapped, and the first that I've done the doors and rear quarters. Those sticky 285 front tires throw so many stones that I felt it was a must. I drive this car!

I love this particular Camaro and can see myself keeping it ...no matter what! Rally Green, 2SS, 1LE, M6. The Camaro teams finest IMO.
Good move doing the entire doors. My PPF ends at the crease in the door (about 4" up where it juts out) and, of course, I have a rock chip about a millimeter above where the PPF ends.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 01:48 PM   #10710
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
Good move doing the entire doors. My PPF ends at the crease in the door (about 4" up where it juts out) and, of course, I have a rock chip about a millimeter above where the PPF ends.
I benefited from the three month wait because I didn't originally plan to do the doors or the rear quarters.

Very early, I notice a few pin prick sized white dots (chips) where you describe and on the rear quarters at the same height. I started looking for mud guards and saw an old post here where someone said not needed if Xpel is installed in the right place and way. That convinced me to spend the extra money.

I put masking tape on the side until I could get the car in. The few pin pricks are being hidden before the Xpel is applied
Attached Images

Ronald Reagan -