Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-15-2022, 10:04 PM   #57
Toakss

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Katech's dyno doesn't put out inflated numbers. I had them do my built motor/procharged 6th gen and now my bolt on c7 z06. Both times I made "lower numbers" then what you see online, but yet my 60-130 times were somehow faster than cars making 50-100whp more.

Their prices reflect the work they do. I know when I was getting my cars back from them that they would still be reliable while also being fast af.

+83whp is good for those mods on 93. Now go test 60-130's and 1/4 mile then report back to us.
Toakss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 10:07 PM   #58
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Another thread chasing peak numbers - more important is AREA under curve!

Settle this and just post before and after dyno.. same day or similar day and dyno!

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 04:21 AM   #59
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
So, the car gained 16% in horsepower on the same dyno, tested before/after the mods. Add 16% to the 650 advertised stock hp and you now get 754 hp. If Katech advertises their package as 750 hp, then it more than met the advertisement.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 11:42 AM   #60
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612138
Old 12-20-2022, 12:04 PM   #61
55chev
Lamude Racing Engines

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue Jennetty tuned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Zach View Post
We are a premium shop that has a large facility, state of the art technology, and a lot of good employees. Every customer has the option to go to a cheaper shop, we respect all customer opinions on what they choose to spend their hard earned money on.

Most of the time, we are able to price match what a lot of shops offer. There is a lot of competition that misleads their customers on what they are actually getting, and they think they are getting the same items as some of the higher end shops, this is not the case.

For example, our Stage 3 Head/Cam/Ported blower ZL1 package is a fully loaded package at $20,999. This comes with a warranty and every premium option for all components we touch in that package.

We also offer a competitive K-Spec Head/Cam package for the ZL1, this is a CNC head/cam package for the ZL1, that is very similar and makes close to the same power, for 40% less cost at $12,999.

The only difference between these two packages are parts costs. This shows that there is a substantial amount of value added when you opt for premium, American made components that will last the life of the car.

Katech has been around for 45 years for a reason, and we will continue to push out the quality that has always lead the industry.

Onto the power topic, LT4's make 650hp stock. This customer's vehicle made 517whp which comes out to a 20.5% drivetrain loss factor through an auto. We rate this Stage 2 package at 750HP.

At that same 20.5% drivetrain loss, this puts the estimated power to be at 596whp. At 600whp, this is making exactly the power that is advertised from this package. This also does not factor in the small percentage of error between weather conditions and other factors that can change dyno numbers...

Katech did not get the reputation it did from winning internet dyno sheet number contests. Our reputation is from winning professional races in sanctioned events over the history of our company.

If you want a sheet to impress friends, you can go to a generic dyno day and likely get a printout that reads 5-10% higher than what we spit out. It may be surprising, but this will not make you any faster when you are actually driving the car. A dyno is simply a tool for measuring the difference between start and finish, and nothing more.

We are always happy to answer any questions about our packages, and will continue to push out the Katech quality we are known for.
Good reply,way to much importance put on a dyno sheet number. IT SEEMS TO BE ABOUT WHOS GOT THE BIGEST DICK DOWN THE PUB! not quality work and components.
55chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 12:58 PM   #62
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I could prepare a spreadsheet comparison, but I see a lot more in KaTech's pkg:

GEN 6 CAMARO ZL1 KATECH SERIALIZED PLAQUE
At least you get a cool "Serialized Plaque"?