Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-12-2019, 12:45 AM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Angry 1-2 synchro is bad.

well my 2nd gear synchro is bad. grinds if shifting above 4000 rpm or try to shift fast. Im modded so dought dealer will do anything and I dont really want to go that route. id rather have better than stock. What should I have done since its coming apart? Id rather do it myself but I dont have any special transmission tools if it requires them. I do have the factory service manuals and Snap on tq wrenches. Anyone do this themselves on here? ill be removing the transmission myself on my maxjax. probably will never be over 600rwhp. street car only.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:10 AM   #2
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Id let them tell me no/deny it before I reached in to my own pocket instead of just guessing that you'll be denied.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:06 AM   #3
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
my dealer said they'd still work on my car with having the mods. I'd just be cautious letting them work on the car.

Magnuson Moss Warranty Act defines that they have to verify the aftermarket part caused the issue for them not to work on the vehicle. Can't just out right deny you service. Either way I'm FBO H/C and when I took my car to the dealer in the beginning of my build I had asked them and they were cool about it. Just have to find the right shop. Either way I am subbing to this because I would like to know how to upgrade / work on the transmission myself as well.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #4
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I would send it to RPM transmissions in Indiana.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:37 AM   #5
JCunningham

well now it grinds no matter what rpm. i just filled it with E85 so i guess ill be skipping 2nd until its empty and i can put 93 in it for winter.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 09-13-2019, 03:47 PM   #6
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
https://www.tickperformance.com/2010-camaro-ss-1/

https://www.rpmtransmissions.com/page12.html

Or find a local performance shop that can rebuild.

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:47 AM   #7
JCunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Id let them tell me no/deny it before I reached in to my own pocket instead of just guessing that you'll be denied.
they said they will tear it apart 1st to see whats wrong then they will decide if they will warranty it. nope
Old 09-14-2019, 12:52 AM   #8
JCunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I would send it to RPM transmissions in Indiana.
i wonder how much shipping would be 500 miles away. it would be $360 in fuel to make the 2 tripps there and back or $180 + hotel room if they could do it in 1 day.