Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-27-2019, 10:36 AM   #15
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG183 View Post
Just picked up the car today. Initial impressions on the relatively short drive home are that (unsurprisingly) a huge gain in performance (as with any supercharger system). I have no comparison to other systems. But I can say that the powerband is super sweet. Easy to drive normal (i.e. slow), but once you get past 3k there's a rush that was simply not present before. After 4k it knocks you in your seat. And the sound is amazing.

As for power, it feels like 500 crank is pretty close. I've seen the dyno sheets and it is in fact a gain of 150 hp from stock. The stock dyno pull was 290 at the wheels. Final was 440 with just their kit. Also, I have the six speed tremec, so the calculation for drive train loss might be a bit generous compared to the automatic. And that probably also explains why my initial dyno numbers were higher than average.

At the end of the day, it's another option from a very solid and reputable company (which is only a good thing). I will also mention that I contacted Overkill expressing interest in purchasing his tune as well as his kit...several times. I have yet to ever hear back from him. Customer service is important to me, and from my experience, it was lacking with Overkill. Although Procharger has a home field advantage since I'm local, so that certainly makes customer service easier. But during my visits there, I always saw at least three people on the phones ready to help with questions (both install and product related). I understand that's a luxury that a larger company has. But even though he's a small shop, Overkill should at least return emails (again, I can only attest to my experience...sounds like others may have had good support from him).
Great feedback man - Hope you get it out to the track - Track times tell us everything!! Enjoy it and thank you for letting procharger use your car for development I am sure they had it for a few weeks or more!

I would agree 290 stock dyno would be the highest ever recorded...
But this is why I dont like to flaunt about dyno numbers... The facts are at the track and times the car can run. Even if your getting 400rwhp out of the car on the stock fuel system that is impressive..

Actually I just noticed you have a 1le... you might want to let procharger know your car comes with the SS low side fuel system.. that makes a HUGE difference.. a standard 6 wont have that low side fuel pressure you do. just a heads up I would hate to see them send out Tunes based on your fueling..

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:05 PM   #16
MikeG183

Drives: 2017 1LS 1LE
Thanks. Yes, need to get it to the track to get some times. Problem is closest one is 90 minutes away and and pretty much only available on weeknights. One of these days.

They had it for about 6 weeks (weather was pretty bad for several of those, which limited on road driving opportunities). As for the different fueling, I know they are bringing in 2-3 other cars with varying trims and options. I have the dyno sheets, but not sure if they are shareable. I'll ask when I get back in town next week.
MikeG183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:34 PM   #17
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Thanks. Yes, need to get it to the track to get some times. Problem is closest one is 90 minutes away and and pretty much only available on weeknights. One of these days.

They had it for about 6 weeks (weather was pretty bad for several of those, which limited on road driving opportunities). As for the different fueling, I know they are bringing in 2-3 other cars with varying trims and options. I have the dyno sheets, but not sure if they are shareable. I'll ask when I get back in town next week.
Great information and we appreciate you sharing!!

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:00 AM   #18
Randall08

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Any more word on how that supercharger is holding up
Randall08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:26 PM   #19
MikeG183

Finally got the summer shoes back on, so putting down the power much better now. Also switched to 93 octane and it seems to like that a bit better (not surprising).
Old 04-08-2019, 09:02 AM   #20
MikeG183

Here is the dyno sheet:
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2019, 09:42 AM   #21
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Here is the dyno sheet:
What about torque? I’m very green to dyno sheets but dyno by speed? Isn’t it usually by RPM to show the power curve?
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #22
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
What about torque? I’m very green to dyno sheets but dyno by speed? Isn’t it usually by RPM to show the power curve?
On a dynojet sometimes it's hard to get a tach signal so you just go off of mph for a smoother graph. Even without the signal the numbers are identical because it uses the rpm of the weighted drum to calculate the numbers.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:08 AM   #23
sadboyleo

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT
so an easy 150hp gain? How much does overkill give the v6
sadboyleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:58 PM   #24
MikeG183

Yes, pretty easy 150 gain. Since I'm here, I will also give some updated feedback:

I switched from 91 to 93 octane a few weeks ago. It seems to have a noticeable improvement with the higher octane (even though it's tuned for 91). With 93 in it, I think the clutch might be the new weak point. It seems to slip just a touch when the tires finally hook up and the rpm reaches the heart of the power band (around 4.5-5.5k). Might be upgrading that to see if it puts the power down better. As for the kit though, this is probably a good thing because it shows just how much power the motor is turning out. Even with the summer tires (Michelin PS4S in 275 width), I struggle to get traction through first and even a little bit in second.

I think the transmission and diff should be good to go (I believe it's the same diff as the SS since I have the 6-speed manual and the same transmission is used in the GT350 - with minimal changes from a strength perspective). So I'm currently researching some clutch options and costs. After that, might consider forged internals and upping the boost. But there's really no need at this point because I can't get what power is already there to the ground very effectively.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:10 AM   #25
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Drives: 17' 1LT Turbo
So this kit will pull 440 to the wheels?

Nm answered my own question by reading the forum!

Very interesting since I may by a V6 1le

Last edited by RobertAvitia; 04-20-2019 at 04:05 AM.
RobertAvitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:31 PM   #26
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Interesting. I wonder how the stock internals will hold-up to 440whp. I know the older LLT and LFX engines were getting close to issues at those levels.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:20 AM   #27
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Should keep up fine, it is only 7psi. You would need a lot more (dustya level hp) to start hitting up against the limits of the stock engine
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:25 AM   #28
sadboyleo

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Interesting. I wonder how the stock internals will hold-up to 440whp. I know the older LLT and LFX engines were getting close to issues at those levels.
Should be fine, once you add more boost then you start to have issues.
sadboyleo is offline   Reply With Quote