Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #127
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS6th View Post
I’ve been looking everywhere on how to edit the title, I’m trying to change it to get the admins’/moderators’ attentions to remove this, I want to make a new thread about this embarrassing one and updates on how I’ve been doing with the car, a sincere apology regarding SS/ and other Camaro owners in general for my ignorance and lack of knowledge, plus pictures for those who think this isn’t mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't shift or edit a post? Don't worry about shades.... The future isn't so bright....
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:48 AM   #128
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Can't shift or edit a post? Don't worry about shades.... The future isn't so bright....
Title editing only works in advanced mode. As GreatWhiteLT said, no need to drill into this guy simply for his inexperience---and if he were a troll, do you think he'd care anyway?

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #129
GreatWhiteLT

Drives: 2016 Silver Ice Metallic SS
Exactly, also arpad my dad loves the splitter you sold him! He's already talking about side skirts and showed me pictures of your car. Its gorgeous!
GreatWhiteLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #130
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteLT View Post
He said the car is stock, figured it out though. People make mistakes no need to drill into him for it. Unless he's being a troll then my post is pointless but we all make mistakes. Just learn the car more and get comfortable with doing things in controlled environments, don't "take it to mexico" until you can handle it or else someone could get seriously hurt or worse. Once you're comfortable time for some mods and to make the car more fun!
Well I'm sure if he didn't title it pathetic car, people might have drilled less
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:15 PM   #131
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
Well I'm sure if he didn't title it pathetic car, people might have drilled less
That's a fair point.

Kind of hard to imagine someone having so little basic knowledge about how to drive. And yet... I hired the 18 year old son of an ex co-worker to mow my lawn one summer. He was a bright young man who intended to go into biotech. But, he had zero effing clue about how to mow a lawn. I kid you not. I had to walk around with him after and point out all the spots he didn't mow. It was nuts. So, this isn't impossible, as unlikely as it seems.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:18 PM   #132
nicktechla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
That's a fair point.

Kind of hard to imagine someone having so little basic knowledge about how to drive. And yet... I hired the 18 year old son of an ex co-worker to mow my lawn one summer. He was a bright young man who intended to go into biotech. But, he had zero effing clue about how to mow a lawn. I kid you not. I had to walk around with him after and point out all the spots he didn't mow. It was nuts. So, this isn't impossible, as unlikely as it seems.
haha, that's why everyone should start with a manual transmission with low horsepower and learn the basics. instead of jumping into a high HP car right away.
-- Past --
Old 09-18-2019, 01:27 PM   #133
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Quote:
haha, that's why everyone should start with a manual transmission with low horsepower and learn the basics. instead of jumping into a high HP car right away.
Certainly wasn't an option for me. I only had sh*tboxes for a really long time, because that was all I could afford.

But, I was interested in cars and in driving anything and everything from an early age. I was taught to drive by my cousin in a '62 Corvette with a 4-speed when I was 7, but I was already reading car magazines and books from the library, so I understood the concept before I got behind the wheel.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:29 PM   #134
nicktechla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Certainly wasn't an option for me. I only had sh*tboxes for a really long time, because that was all I could afford.

But, I was interested in cars and in driving anything and everything from an early age. I was taught to drive by my cousin in a '62 Corvette with a 4-speed when I was 7, but I was already reading car magazines and books from the library, so I understood the concept before I got behind the wheel.
same! My dad actually showed me how a manual transmission worked before teaching me to drive one. So then when I learned to drive it, I actually understood what was happening when I pressed the clutch, changed gears, etc.
-- Past --
Old 09-18-2019, 01:29 PM   #135
GreatWhiteLT

Yeah the title was a little harsh haha, maybe could have worded it a little better. But yeah most younger kids now a days know how to do nothing. Can't pump gas, can't change a tire, can't change oil or anything it sad when these things happen and you have to call someone else to come help. Younger kids have it waaaaay to easy or they just have no interest in learning and would rather be on their phones every waking moment
Old 09-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #136
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Quote:
same! My dad actually showed me how a manual transmission worked before teaching me to drive one. So then when I learned to drive it, I actually understood what was happening when I pressed the clutch, changed gears, etc.
That's very cool. Excellent choice your dad made.

Quote:
Yeah the title was a little harsh haha, maybe could have worded it a little better. But yeah most younger kids now a days know how to do nothing. Can't pump gas, can't change a tire, can't change oil or anything it sad when these things happen and you have to call someone else to come help. Younger kids have it waaaaay to easy or they just have no interest in learning and would rather be on their phones every waking moment
The change a tire thing really bugs me. Perfectly healthy young men have to call someone to change a tire. SMFH
Old 09-18-2019, 02:07 PM   #137
GreatWhiteLT

Very excellent choice by your dad, but yes watching people stuck on the side of the road due to not knowing how is just down right nuts. First few things my dad taught me was how to change a tire, check your oil, jump a car, and how to properly jack the car up so you don't drop it on a rotor or yourself lol and pump your own gas, had to drive to philly to show me how haha
Old 09-18-2019, 03:45 PM   #138
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Part of getting a Drivers License should be changing a Tire!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #139
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Quote:
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:57 PM   #140
Cherry

Drives: 2017 SS 50th
Lmao this thread is turning in to a boomer circlejerk. I don’t what world you’re living in that most young people don’t know how to pump gas, but I don’t know a single person my age or younger that doesn’t know how to pump their own gas. Also many people young and old can’t change a tire.
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote