#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-12-2019, 06:54 PM   #1
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Daily Life in the Vert

So, for all you who DD your Verts...

What are some of the things you do that most would think you can’t/shouldn’t do?

Example:

Who says you can make a Costco run in a Vert? (Trunk is full too...)

I did end up having to pull over and belt in the paper towels. At 80 mph, they were bouncing around a bit back there.
Attached Images

2018 2SS Vert. MBM/Kalahari. MRR FS01’s with 285/305 MPS4S. Black Bow ties, A8, MRC, NPP, 6-piston Brembo’s w/ matching rears, OEM Ground Effects/Splash Guards, 8”/Nav. Borla S-type, Pray IM/TB, RotoFab.

Past DD’s of note:
2013 Caprice PPV. (“Company” car.)
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
1964 Falcon Sprint Hardtop. (First car, still have the key!)
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
ArmanSS

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS VERT
Haha looks like you're in for a fun night! I don' daily my vert, but I remember when I fell in love with the SS vert was when I rented one on vacation in AZ. I put 2,500 miles on it in a week going from Scottsdale, to Page (where I got my criminal speeding ticket) to the Grand Canyon, to Sedona, etc. I was with my mom and we had two GIGANTIC suitcases that we put in the back with the top down. They were vertical so the top had to be down. I remember everyone we passed just smiled and waved. On the way back it was raining (I know, in AZ of all places)so we had to put one in the trunk and one in the back seet, and it worked.

Love the kal seats btw!
ArmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:26 PM   #3
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Falcone View Post

What are some of the things you do that most would think you can’t/shouldn’t do?

Example:

I did end up having to pull over and belt in the paper towels. At 80 mph, they were bouncing around a bit back there.
I can definitely relate/contribute to this one! How about transporting the GM OEM Exhaust from the dealership to the muffler shop?
Attached Images

lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #4
Marco Falcone

ArmanSS: I still have my ‘06 Toyota Tacoma, all tricked out with an aftermarket stereo/XM radio, bed shell, carpet kit, slightly upgraded suspension, tires, custom exhaust, etc.

BUT if it’s not raining or below 60 degrees, (which is most of the time here in Nor Cal), I drive my SS. To the grocery store, taking the kids to school, to Target, to the range, and even to Costco.

And I just love the black and tan combo. (Yours too!) To me its got a classy, kinda old-school Euro-look to it. I have to admit, I’m a huge Miami Vice fan, and fan of 80’s music and style in general. I LOVED the McBurnie Daytona Spider from the first couple of seasons, and was originally in the market for a 2013 Corvette Grand Sport convertible in Black with the tan interior. But my wife not so subtly reminded me of our 5 year old and the need for at least a small back seat... So I test drove a 2018 Mustang convertible with all the performance options and a 2SS convertible with the go-fast goodies. The Camaro was just better in every way, obviously from a performance standpoint but also in comfort and convenience: the hard tonneau, the heads-up display, and the ability to get a really well designed interior in other than black. (The Mustang’s interior color options are a joke.)

Black and Tan all the way!!!

Icd550: Nice! Love that it sort of looks like a big black coffin! Were you having an aftermarket exhaust installed and just keeping the OEM set-up?

And the 50th color combo is/was a close favorite. I almost put the 50th wheels on my car. They are sooo sweet looking.

Back in the late 80’s/90’s, I was in a band and daily drove a ‘73 Alfa Romeo Spider. (One of the few cars I really LOVED.) I played/still play drums, and when I showed up to our rehearsal studio for the first time with my “new” Alfa, the rest of guys were just dumbfounded. But I figured out a way to get my whole kit and all the hardware into the car. It was REALLY cramped but I made it work!

I haven’t tried stuffing my drums into my SS, since I care a lot more about keeping that interior as nice as I can; than I was about the vinyl interior of a used Alfa when I was playing in a thrash-funk band opening for Green Day and Primus.

I’ve owned some really cool cars as DD’s. (See my signature.). But only a few that I really LOVED. My Alfa Spider, my ‘69 Cadillac DeVille convertible, my Tacoma...

And most definitely my SS. Once I got it set up and made a couple of small tweaks for comfort and personal style, it may be at the top of my list of “loves.”
2018 2SS Vert. MBM/Kalahari. MRR FS01’s with 285/305 MPS4S. Black Bow ties, A8, MRC, NPP, 6-piston Brembo’s w/ matching rears, OEM Ground Effects/Splash Guards, 8”/Nav. Borla S-type, Pray IM/TB, RotoFab.

Past DD’s of note:
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
Old 07-13-2019, 04:15 PM   #5
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Quote:

Icd550: Nice! Love that it sort of looks like a big black coffin! Were you having an aftermarket exhaust installed and just keeping the OEM set-up?

And the 50th color combo is/was a close favorite. I almost put the 50th wheels on my car. They are sooo sweet looking.
Thanks Marco Falcone! It's my daily driver and I take it everywhere. I sent the picture to my best friend and he made the same coffin comment! I'm anal about my car so I wrapped the box with trash bags before I stuck it in the back seats.

Long story short...GM gave me an accessory allowance for all the hassle with my car and the EPS recall (bought the car brand new, was a leftover '17, in Feb '19; had to take it back a week later to the dealer; and they held onto it for over 3 months). I used the allowance to buy the OEM Chevy exhaust (it's a 2.0T M6) black bowties, and sport pedals.

This is my first convertible and non-Japanese mfg vehicle and I enjoy every mile of it.

BTW...you're Vert is cool and unique as well! Can't go wrong with any one of the Gen6 Camaros!!!
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:10 PM   #6
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Well, needed to take my wife's Envoy to the shop and needed a way to transport the grand daughter. Works fine and it's easy to put her in or out with the top down. Up for driving with her back there.

Name:  20190709_091821.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  206.7 KB

Name:  20190709_092748.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  213.4 KB

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:39 AM   #7
RomanB

Drives: 2LT RS Yellow Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Well, needed to take my wife's Envoy to the shop and needed a way to transport the grand daughter. Works fine and it's easy to put her in or out with the top down. Up for driving with her back there.
Cool pics! What kind of setup do you use for your cam in the back?
Old 07-15-2019, 11:18 AM   #8
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
I don't have a commute, but I do pretty much daily drive mine - I drive more than any of my other cars, or at least I try to! and yes I've done costco runs in it. Top is down 90% of the time. If it isn't good convertible weather I pretty much drive something else!
Northern CA here too - so it's convertible weather most of the time for sure.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #9
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
convertible weather 95% of the time where I live. I go back and forth between my CtS-V coupe and ZL1 for daily drives. The V is faster, but the ZL1 is louder and more fun, and handles better, so it's a fun back and forth ... Hardest part of each morning is choosing between the two.

If I have something large that needs to be transported , sometimes the V is better (still kind of small) sometimes the ZL1 is better because with the top down, weird long things can fit in the car...
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:55 PM   #10
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanB View Post
Cool pics! What kind of setup do you use for your cam in the back?

I've got the Thinkware 750 with the rear cam kit. I had to make the mount since you can't attach the camera to the back window. I made a template out of cardboard the then got my brother-in-law to cut it out from sheet metal. We used 1/8 inch aluminum and had a guy cut it out and bend it. It has to sit forward to allow the top to clear.

I think the 750 model had been replaced but I did notice that in the Chevy performance catalog they show a different model Thinkware, with a plug and play wiring kit. Not sure if that includes the rear camera.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:00 AM   #11
RomanB

Drives: 2LT RS Yellow Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
I've got the Thinkware 750 with the rear cam kit. I had to make the mount since you can't attach the camera to the back window. I made a template out of cardboard the then got my brother-in-law to cut it out from sheet metal. We used 1/8 inch aluminum and had a guy cut it out and bend it. It has to sit forward to allow the top to clear.

I think the 750 model had been replaced but I did notice that in the Chevy performance catalog they show a different model Thinkware, with a plug and play wiring kit. Not sure if that includes the rear camera.
Job well done ... Love it Thx
Old 07-18-2019, 02:36 AM   #12
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:

Example:

I'd get that red wine out of the sun.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:11 PM   #13
Mary H

Drives: 2019 Camaro 3LT
Groundhog SS, beautiful baby girl....and beautiful car!
I daily drive my 2019. I brought it home Feb 22 and have almost 9000 miles on it now. Not quite 5 months. Like you all, if its top down weather I drive it. If there are storms coming or other bad weather I leave it at home. Sure I have carried 50# bags of horse feed in the front seat or passenger side floor. But I hate to do it.
At Camaro fest 2019 I got the Camaro Program Engineering Award from the Camaro team. I think they were just pleased to see one of their cars being driven. Not just garaged and trailered to shows. I like to say I drive it to work Monday through Friday and the on the weekend too. And if I don't have some where to go on the weekend, I'll find some where to go!

Mary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:09 PM   #14
Marco Falcone

Great posts!

My 6 year old loves riding in the Camaro. I found a booster seat that almost matches the Kal interior. Had a matching pair in the back for a while, as I was always giving rides to her friends.

Past DD’s of note:
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top