Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-28-2022, 01:30 PM   #1
CamaroGen6

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Lane Departure Warning System in 6th Gen?

Are there actually any 6th Gen Camaros with Lane Departure Warning? Safelite describes this feature as a "system that alerts you if you cross into a different lane without using your turn signal."

I was under the impression that this feature is not on the Camaros. My 2020 2SS has foward collision warning and heads up display. I do have blind spot monitoring which alerts me in the mirror when there is a car in the other lane or in my blind spot but this works independently from anything going on in the windshield.

I'm asking because I'm needing to replace my windshield and every window replacement company keeps asking me if my car has lane departure warning as if this is a feature available on the camaros, even though it's not? Or are they referring to the camera mounted to the windshield that is used for the foward collision warning?

Safelite explained that they charge extra for cars with lane departure warning due to a calibration procedure they must perform after a windshield replacement. They said they don't need to calibrate or charge extra for foward collision.

I looked into other, small business, window replacement shops and they all seem to quote higher than Safelite (assuming no LDW system).

I did some digging on chevrolet online parts stores and they do seem to sell / fabricate different windshield for the camaros based on wether they have lane departure or not, so wtf?

https://www.chevroletpartsdirect.com...ass-windshield
Old 07-28-2022, 02:14 PM   #2
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
What ever happened to people just paying attention to their surroundings? Been doing that since 2002 and no at-faults here.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 02:50 PM   #3
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Wow, using mirrors is a lost art. LOL
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 03:11 PM   #4
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
My 2021 3LT is the same. Forward collision, side mirror warning lights. No lane change alert. I think I have every bell & whistle available on my v6, except NPP, sadly.
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 03:43 PM   #5
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
I think you need a special coating or something like that on the windshield for the HUD to work properly.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 05:09 PM   #6
Bonomytires

Drives: 2021 Camaro 3LT RS
The only thing that needs to be calibrated is for the HUD.
Bonomytires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 05:25 PM   #7
tpat

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
What ever happened to people just paying attention to their surroundings? Been doing that since 2002 and no at-faults here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
Wow, using mirrors is a lost art. LOL
Reading past the thread title is hard.

3400 5/25
3800 6/22
5000 6/28

Driven home 6/29
tpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 06:03 PM   #8
1fastz28

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Instead of being toxic and derivative, why not read his post. He's asking if his vehicle has the option and whether or not Safelite is blowing hot air up his ass.

Last edited by 1fastz28; 07-28-2022 at 10:12 PM.
1fastz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 07:55 PM   #9
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Okay fair point you got me.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 09:15 PM   #10
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Does your car vibrate the seat or shake the steering wheel when you get close to the side of the road? If it does, it has it. It is super annoying. I also have the self driving thing and adaptive cruise in my jeep. I had to shut all 3 off as it was annoying to drive. With all 3 on and it senses something coming up it drops speed hard, vibrates, fights to change lanes, then floors it to get back to speed once it senses there is nothing in front of you.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 06:46 AM   #11
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Not only do you need a special windshield for HUD, from everything I've read you need the OE windshield for HUD. Aftermarket are blurry. Beyond that, doesn't your insurance pay for the replacement? I had to have one replaced in my 2020 Acadia and Allstate is partnered with Safelite and the whole process was automatic. It has LCA and not only did they have to calibrate the systems for the new windshield, part of the process is they have to drive it on a road with center lines.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 06:25 PM   #12
DallasCub

Drives: 2024 Collectors Edition 2SS
No, your Camaro doesn't have lane departure warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGen6 View Post
Are there actually any 6th Gen Camaros with Lane Departure Warning? Safelite describes this feature as a "system that alerts you if you cross into a different lane without using your turn signal."

I was under the impression that this feature is not on the Camaros. My 2020 2SS has foward collision warning and heads up display. I do have blind spot monitoring which alerts me in the mirror when there is a car in the other lane or in my blind spot but this works independently from anything going on in the windshield.

I'm asking because I'm needing to replace my windshield and every window replacement company keeps asking me if my car has lane departure warning as if this is a feature available on the camaros, even though it's not? Or are they referring to the camera mounted to the windshield that is used for the foward collision warning?

Safelite explained that they charge extra for cars with lane departure warning due to a calibration procedure they must perform after a windshield replacement. They said they don't need to calibrate or charge extra for foward collision.

I looked into other, small business, window replacement shops and they all seem to quote higher than Safelite (assuming no LDW system).

I did some digging on chevrolet online parts stores and they do seem to sell / fabricate different windshield for the camaros based on wether they have lane departure or not, so wtf?

2015 LT RS Convertible
[2014 LT RS[/COLOR][/B]
2010 LT RS[/COLOR][/B]
DallasCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 08:49 PM   #13
Racereddie

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGen6 View Post

I am running into the same problem. I was looking up the windshield for my son's 2019 3LT, with all the features. I came up with this one

https://www.autopartsexpress.net/oem...hield-84133728

So I called my dealership, they asked me for the VIN they said that the one listed for that car is this one

https://www.autopartsexpress.net/oem...hield-84547516

She could tell me why just what the system said. Trying to talk to a Auto Glass guy they recommended, if I found out more I will post
Racereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 09:35 PM   #14
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
If you have factory HUD, your factory windshield will have “HUD” printed in the manufacture stamp on the lower passenger side corner. It is advised that you insist that the window company replace your window with a brand new, EXACT replacement OEM, genuine General Motors part. Not third party, not alternate part, not similar to….. the exact same part used on the assembly line when these are built.

Also, if you have HUD, you have forward collusion warning on all 2019 and later models. If you do not have HUD, you do not have forward collision warning.

Camaros have blind spot warning, but NOT lane departure warning.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
departure, lane, replacement, warning, windshield