Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-02-2017, 10:52 AM   #15
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Do we have the numbers on how many produced ZL1's per year starting from 2012??

That may give an indication of what to expect for 2017 & 18??
Here are the 2012 production numbers:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269809

Post #13 in this thread has the 2013 ZL1 numbers. '13 was the first full MY for the coupe and convertible.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291414
Old 01-02-2017, 10:58 AM   #16
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
Here are the 2012 production numbers:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269809

Post #13 in this thread has the 2013 ZL1 numbers. '13 was the first full MY for the coupe and convertible.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291414
Interesting that the manual was tops on coupe but auto on vert

Gonna be interesting to see the final 17 MY #'s will all the hype around the A10...
Old 01-02-2017, 11:02 AM   #17
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
Another downside to going with MyLink is the loss of a CD player. Guess I'll have to catch up with the times and start an MP3 collection. Lol!
You and my friend. He bought a '16 2SS last spring and all he does is complain about the lack of a CD player. I keep telling him he needs to get with the times. CDs have gone the way of eight track and cassette tapes. I think the real reason he complains is because he doesn't know how to "rip" his CD collection to a flash drive.

I actually love the MyLink in the new Camaro. So much better than the previous generation. The best feature is that my phone NEVER has to leave my pocket if I don't want it to.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:17 PM   #18
BlueSteel07

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Do we have the numbers on how many produced ZL1's per year starting from 2012??

That may give an indication of what to expect for 2017 & 18??
The 5th Gen ZL1 had pretty low production numbers. In my opinion, some of that was due to lower than expected performance which drove demand down. Hopefully, demand is much higher for the six gen due to much greater performance than the fifth gen. There were over 16,000 Hellcats built in 2016. Hopefully the ZL1 can at least reach half that mark in it's first full production year.
BlueSteel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:24 PM   #19
big dave

Drives: 2017 ZL1
That's impressive that Dodge is able to sell so many Hellcats, it's not like the car is cheap. They do give you a good amount of performance and comfort for your dollar though. Yet, the only places I might see one is at local cars n coffee and occasionally at the track.
'13 ZL1 BRM A6. 11.591 @ 119.2 factory stock with a 1.68 60'! Best stock mph 121.8. 11.29 @ 123 RotoFab, drag radials and skinnies. 4360# raceweight.
http://youtu.be/yggIA3C_kkA 2014... back to stock
http://youtu.be/spQLaTWbThs 2013... stock & RotoFab
big dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:28 PM   #20
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Al Oppenheiser keeps saying they will make As many ZL1s as they can sell..Not limited production.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #21
Diggitydog

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Nightfall Convertible M6
There hasn't been a poor review on this car yet. If there is please show it to me. GM is in the business to make money, they'll be ramping up ZL1 production. I always hear that the Hellcat is cheap performance or bang for your buck. This ZL1 is going to replace the Hellcat in this category. Sales will shoot up at the expense of the Hellcat.
Diggitydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:36 PM   #22
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Al Oppenheiser keeps saying they will make As many ZL1s as they can sell..Not limited production.

Everyone keeps quoting that, but no one really reads into it. "They will make as many as they sell". Of course they will, but not all in one model year. So if you really want a fifty year ZL1 you might want to get one soon since the 2017 will be a shorter production run than 2018. "Not limited production ". Now what does that exactly mean? I can't remember the last time GM did a limited production vehicle. I'm talking exclusivity not a vehicle that just did sale. I had a 1990 GMC Syclone and was only built one year, but I don't consider it exclusive or limited production. So by saying that I think that quote is a typical corporate vague answer. It says a little but does not tell anything. It's almost like saying it's going to have 4 wheels and going to be fast. Doesn't really tell you much but keeps you interested in it. Why bother excepting all these orders and only pulling 89 for first run of production? Just tell the dealers what they are getting and be done. Then the dealerships not knowing crap is a whole other conversation.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:10 PM   #23
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
Everyone keeps quoting that, but no one really reads into it. "They will make as many as they sell". Of course they will, but not all in one model year. So if you really want a fifty year ZL1 you might want to get one soon since the 2017 will be a shorter production run than 2018. "Not limited production ". Now what does that exactly mean? I can't remember the last time GM did a limited production vehicle. I'm talking exclusivity not a vehicle that just did sale. I had a 1990 GMC Syclone and was only built one year, but I don't consider it exclusive or limited production. So by saying that I think that quote is a typical corporate vague answer. It says a little but does not tell anything. It's almost like saying it's going to have 4 wheels and going to be fast. Doesn't really tell you much but keeps you interested in it. Why bother excepting all these orders and only pulling 89 for first run of production? Just tell the dealers what they are getting and be done. Then the dealerships not knowing crap is a whole other conversation.
Last summer they were getting everyone excited about the ZL1. But, oh by the way the A10 won't be produced till February 2017 AND we will only make a small number of them based on allocation....You tend to lose paying customers with this type of business thinking. Another deal comes along with major discounts off say a mustang or challenger, these paying customers decide the heck with it I'm tired of waiting around I will take my business else where. So, GM loses out on sales. Me, I have nothing to worry about, I have a good pacifier in my 2016 2LT RS V6. I can wait till my dealership gets an allocation for the A10, but I have the ordering process rolling. Meanwhile, I'm paying down on my 2016....I feel bad for some of these forum members that already sold their cars and are waiting for their order for the A10 to get allocation. To me that really stinks.......

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #24
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggitydog View Post
There hasn't been a poor review on this car yet. If there is please show it to me. GM is in the business to make money, they'll be ramping up ZL1 production. I always hear that the Hellcat is cheap performance or bang for your buck. This ZL1 is going to replace the Hellcat in this category. Sales will shoot up at the expense of the Hellcat.
I'm not so sure the Hellcat has that much to worry about...while there will certainly be some trying to decide between the two being in the same price point, they both really bring a different car to the table most buyers will likely choose one or the other fairly quickly if anything like myself.

One is roomy & can function for a family car with crazy HP & the others is track inspired with a drivers seat more suited to a jet fighter & no real backseat per say...just kinda hard (for me) to personally put them in the same box. I doubt many buyers struggled between the HC & GT350 for the most part.

Curious to see the final ZL1 17 numbers myself, but really think this car stands on it's own & more challenging to Ford over Dodge being a true 2 seat racer?? If I had to have the room, the HC would have been a choice, just glad I don't.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #25
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
The A10 launch is on schedule. With the A10 being a new product in itself, it will have its own "launch". For the first allocation cycle there will be at least 99 available transmissions. The number will grow from there. You will find the LT4 will likely be the next constraint.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:26 PM   #26
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Why would the LT4 be a bottle neck for production...the supply base for that engine should be set & very easy to increase production for the ZL1.

I would put any possible new hiccup on any of the suppliers who support a specific part for the 17 ZL1 not used on any other camaro before the LT4 that has been in production??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:28 PM   #27
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
COPO is limited production (69), 2010 Pace Car replica was limited as well (249), 2011 Pace Car replica (500).

But I get what you're saying...
Old 01-02-2017, 03:00 PM   #28
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I can't remember the last time GM did a limited production vehicle.
2013 Corvette 427s

2550 total built, only for 2013 year. Out of those 2550, 1000 of them came with the 60th anniversary edition package. We got one of them.
Attached Images

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote