Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #15
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Don't give up the harley. Those afternoon rides will be even more relaxing once you have a family.

If you've got a 20k harley free and clear and 25k in cash sitting around for the down payment I can't see $350 vs $380 or $400 being very impactful.

The only way I'll ever give up my bike is for another one.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:39 AM   #16
Nicky Pass

Drives: 2014 BRM, 2SS, RS, 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Don't give up the harley. Those afternoon rides will be even more relaxing once you have a family.

If you've got a 20k harley free and clear and 25k in cash sitting around for the down payment I can't see $350 vs $380 or $400 being very impactful.

The only way I'll ever give up my bike is for another one.
Two toys means to insurances....two tanks to fill...two plates, and so on. Although, if my wife continues to work, then I'm keeping both.
Nicky Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #17
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
OP, As Cornerspeed suggested, order it the way you want. It's like waiting for Christmas! And...you get the car the way you wanted-straight from the factory.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:12 AM   #18
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
I have a 13 1LE and my Harley is paid off. Reason I bring that up is I only keep Comprehensive on the Camaro while stored in the winter. By removing the unnecessary coverage for the Camaro saves me $710 over 6 months and my Harley ins is only $389 a year.

There is a 2SS/RS 1LE with Recaros at Rodgers Chevrolet for $41,581 with all rebates.

Becky Doyle...Rodgers Chevrolet Woodhaven MI...Thats where I got my 1LE and the only dealer I will deal with in the future. No BS, no games...straight up painless.

http://www.rodgerschevrolet.com/Vehi...-MI/2165298053
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Last edited by Banshee; 03-31-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:34 PM   #19
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
1. My wife and I are expecting our first kid, a boy in the middle to end of April.- CONGRATS! Hold on tight and enjoy the ride...EVERY FREAKING MINUTE...good or bad, they are all memories you will cherish forever and for every moment you miss, you will regret! Take it from me as I have on in HS and one in College and I was a VERY involved parent that still feels like he missed a lot. With that...you do not have time for 2 toys, your kid and wife need to become number 1 priority! Reality is you should take the money and put it in a college fund...take it from me, I am paying $28K a year for my son to be in college and my daughter is right behind him...8 years of this!

2. I have a Harley Davidson Street Glide I just bought in November (paid in full).- SELL IT! I have to use TWO hands to count all my friends that have died or been badly injured in bike accidents. I am not a bike hater by any means. But when you start a family, you have to really think about the fact they are not as safe as a car...because other drivers are not looking out for YOU on the road! Get a bike again after the kids are grown, but get a CAR toy for now so you are there for them all their life!

3. There aren't a lot of Summit White 1le's in the greater Chicago are....Michigan is the closest.- Chicago to MI, not a huge deal. I know Rogers has a white one in the Detroit area, I saw it recently on the lot. But really, have it dealer traded or just go buy it in MI and drive it home. The price you shot out is a bit high. See if you can find a GM employee and get the employee discount. I used my Uncle to get mine, saved me $4200 off sticker! They have now opened it up to "friends and family" can get employee discount.

So my options are:

1. See if the dealer I'm working with can get it on trade from Michigan.- Do that, or go buy it in MI. Prices are not negotiable these days, especially if you can get the supplier or employee discount.

2. Order one to my specs and wait 6-8 weeks.- If you cannot find exactly what you want, order it! I have my completely loaded RRM 1LE on order now. I ordered because I want what I want and if I am going to buy one, it will have what I want on it! Nav, Racarro, sunroof, NPP, etc. I found one at Rogers that was everything I wanted...but was missing the sunroof! I was not willing to buy less than I wanted. So, it is on order. Waiting 8 weeks is not going to kill me...I have waited a year to order it and will enjoy it for many years. Patience is a virtue!

Hope that helps! As a father who welcomed my first child into the world in 1995...been there, done that! Keep these priorities in this order- Faith, Family, Friends, Finances. The 4 F's!
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:23 PM   #20
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Sell the bike just keep the car as your toy. Bikes are great bikes are fun but they are very dangerous. You can not trust anyone on the road at least with a Camaro you have a lot of protection from them. The risk is to high now a days in most areas to be on a bike. out in South Dakota or Montana or Wyoming there are lots of open road to ride on. But New York Boston Chicago Los Angles Dallas big metropolitan areas it is just to crowded to ride safely. Out of the people I know that ride more then half have been in a very bad crash and been laid up for weeks or months because of it and a few have died. let me step of my soap box. Congrats on the Camaro, Live Long and Drive a Camaro.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote