Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 06-02-2018, 12:11 PM   #43
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Good info. Any quirks with it? Could you post a video of it in action?
Google nav tool scam or nav tool shill. 99% of posts/positive reviews on any social media are shill posts from the owner of the company.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:57 PM   #44
DWillys

Drives: Truck
I know they had problems with it when it was first released. I've had zero problems with mine. And no, I have no affiliation with navtool other than being a customer.
DWillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #45
DragRacerX

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM & 2012 2SS M6 IBM
Gen5DIY GEN6-CAMARO-VISION

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertmonkey View Post
Did anyone come up with a solid solution for this? I am paranoid about slamming my splitter into the curb every time I park!!!
I am also surprised this isn't simpler considering the Vette comes with one from factory!!!
I am still trying to install the Gen5DIY GEN6-CAMARO-VISION. The problem has been with the HMI unit. I am awaiting the third replacement HMI unit. The first two resulted in not communicating correctly with the ECU. All that would show up on the console display is something like THEFT LOCKED. Supposedly they are making a bullet-proof one for me to try & new installation instructions. The original instructions & diagrams were outdated. The newer digram was a lot more definitive. Turnaround time on the HMI units is almost 2 weeks (not good because you can't drive the car without a good HMI unit). I went the route of keeping my original HMI unit because my ZL1 is my daily driver. Doing it this way ties up almost $700 of your money until you ship your HMI back for the core refund. SURE AM GLAD I CHOSE THIS OPTION... If it doesn't work this time I'll be getting a full refund & have the NAV-TV NTV-KIT629 installed that I had originally purchased.
Vengeance Racing VRPD-2 Cam Kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Injector Dynamics ID850 Injectors, Forced Induction Interchiller,
Cold Air Inductions CAI, BBK 40210 LT Headers & Free Flow Cats, MBRP S7022409 T409-Stainless Steel
3" Dual Cat Back Exhaust System, Lingenfelter ZR1 Dual Disc Clutch Kit, ZL1 Brake Kit Rotors & Calipers
628 RWHP/596 RWTQ / A.C.E.5
DragRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #46
desertmonkey

Drives: '17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragRacerX View Post
I am still trying to install the Gen5DIY GEN6-CAMARO-VISION. The problem has been with the HMI unit. I am awaiting the third replacement HMI unit. The first two resulted in not communicating correctly with the ECU. All that would show up on the console display is something like THEFT LOCKED. Supposedly they are making a bullet-proof one for me to try & new installation instructions. The original instructions & diagrams were outdated. The newer digram was a lot more definitive. Turnaround time on the HMI units is almost 2 weeks (not good because you can't drive the car without a good HMI unit). I went the route of keeping my original HMI unit because my ZL1 is my daily driver. Doing it this way ties up almost $700 of your money until you ship your HMI back for the core refund. SURE AM GLAD I CHOSE THIS OPTION... If it doesn't work this time I'll be getting a full refund & have the NAV-TV NTV-KIT629 installed that I had originally purchased.
Man that sounds like a lotta work for a curb view camera! I hope it works out for you. I'm just going to have to be extra careful while parking
desertmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:37 AM   #47
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
Quote:
You can drive your car without the HMI you jump one circuit on the HMI plug and it'll run fine. Your issue is due to a bad HMI (tried the same one twice) you're getting another new unit, this is also very very far away from the norm LOL Ideally you ship yours in so you have a known good unit as it will cut down on turn around time immensely.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #48
mbnwa

Drives: 18 NGM ZL1 1LE
Quote:
I hear ya, I am on my 2nd HMI the first one was not provisioned correctly, I just got the new HMI today and while this go around the HMI is programmed correctly the front camera switch box seems to be bad and the rear camera was wired in reverse on the harness from Gen5DIY, they used the correct wires Yellow and Blue but at the RCA connector reversed the signal and ground.

If I remove the switch box that goes to the BCM and connect the front or rear camera directly to the HMI's Blue / Yellow I can get a picture from each camera so I know the cameras are good (granted this is reversing the polarity on the reverse camera out of the harness they provided. If the switch box is inline I get green lines, static and a blue screen.

EDIT 6/4/2018: I talked to Gen5's owner and he is going to send me a replacement harness / switch box I should have it by 6/6/2018 I will update with my results.
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar

Last edited by mbnwa; 06-04-2018 at 11:25 AM.
mbnwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:04 AM   #49
DragRacerX

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM & 2012 2SS M6 IBM
Updated Wiring Diagram for Gen5DIY GEN6-CAMARO-VISION

Here's the updated wiring / connectivity pic I received.

I also received this new step by step procedure:

When we replace the HMI next time I would like you to follow this procedure please

1- Ignition off
2- Disconnect the battery
3- Open and close the doors a few times
4- Let it sit for like 10 minutes
5- Swap out the HMI
6- Reconnect battery
7- Start it up
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Wiring Diagram Revised.pdf (427.0 KB, 237 views)
Vengeance Racing VRPD-2 Cam Kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Injector Dynamics ID850 Injectors, Forced Induction Interchiller,
Cold Air Inductions CAI, BBK 40210 LT Headers & Free Flow Cats, MBRP S7022409 T409-Stainless Steel
3" Dual Cat Back Exhaust System, Lingenfelter ZR1 Dual Disc Clutch Kit, ZL1 Brake Kit Rotors & Calipers
628 RWHP/596 RWTQ / A.C.E.5

Last edited by DragRacerX; 06-04-2018 at 01:24 AM.
DragRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:33 PM   #50
mbnwa

Drives: 18 NGM ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbnwa View Post
I hear ya, I am on my 2nd HMI the first one was not provisioned correctly, I just got the new HMI today and while this go around the HMI is programmed correctly the front camera switch box seems to be bad and the rear camera was wired in reverse on the harness from Gen5DIY, they used the correct wires Yellow and Blue but at the RCA connector reversed the signal and ground.

If I remove the switch box that goes to the BCM and connect the front or rear camera directly to the HMI's Blue / Yellow I can get a picture from each camera so I know the cameras are good (granted this is reversing the polarity on the reverse camera out of the harness they provided. If the switch box is inline I get green lines, static and a blue screen.

EDIT 6/4/2018: I talked to Gen5's owner and he is going to send me a replacement harness / switch box I should have it by 6/6/2018 I will update with my results.
I received my replacement parts today, everything seem work as expected at this point.
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar
mbnwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #51
LtColumbo

Drives: 2017 1LT RS V6 A8, 2020 Fusion
...and NO ONE makes a front camera kit for the 7" screen? I just looked at the Gen5DIY price for the 8" screen; over $1,000.
LtColumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:17 AM   #52
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT780/gm-lvds.html

This is what I used to add front camera to the screen. Holding down the home button allows quick view of the front camera. Alternatively you can add switch controlled for on and off use. I also added the adapter (optional) to add HDMI input to the OEM screen as well. Installed a ROKU system and can also mirror my iphone on the OEM screen.

But, not sure of this is compatible with the 7" screen
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #53
LtColumbo

More than 8 months have passed since the last post and I have not seen verification that there is a front camera system that works with the 7" screen.

On the NAV-TV site, I only see systems for the 8" screen specified, but over the phone, they say NTV-KIT951 will fit, based on a photo of the VIN plate QR "code" square that I sent them.

Over a $1,100 installed and no way of knowing if it will work beforehand? Not taking that chance.

Last edited by LtColumbo; 11-21-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:49 AM   #54
aalqaedi

Drives: Camaro ZL1
The kit KIT629 will work 100%, but the picture is reviresed ( right is left and lift is right)
aalqaedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 05:47 PM   #55
LtColumbo

Well...I decided to try something more realistically priced (for me, anyway.)

I found a wifi backup camera that sends the image to your cell phone. For as often as I would need to use this, I don't see that method being an issue. There is an APP that will change the mirror image, but it will not change (rotate) if you install the camera upside-down.

Simple wiring; one positive (trigger) and one negative (ground.)

I was thinking of what I could use to activate the camera, only when I need it, that does not require any extra switches. After some thought, I decided that the HIGH-BEAM headlights would be a good trigger for a parking cam!

Would someone please direct me the the correct spot in the engine compartment and which fuse/wiring I would need to tap in to? (The RS uses a different kind of headlight....I hear something clunk when switching on the high-beams.)