Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-22-2022, 04:50 PM   #141
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I think it is birthing people and now it is your choice to be ox or xx.
My apologies to all birthing people out there, and to any non-birthing people who might feel excluded. Also to all XX, XY, YX, XYY, YYX, XYX, and especially, XXX![/QUOTE]

lol
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:59 PM   #142
LT1gen6

Drives: '22 LT1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
I wonder if this somewhat represents what the inside of a EV Camaro would like since the Blazer seems to be the SUV version of the Camaro from a styling perspective?
Interesting question. Some press details are now available for the Blazer EV SS. 550ish HP, 650ish ft lbs torque, AWD, 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. No info was found on vehicle weight. Spring 2023 launch. ICE version expected to continue in a side-by-side offering.

No, it's not a Camaro, but wow. If GM turns its attention to Camaro EV, continuing its essence as it has in Blazer, it has possibility of being awesome. However, this latter idea is one that takes positive thinking, which seems to be in short supply in today's world.
Attached Images

Last edited by LT1gen6; 07-22-2022 at 08:09 PM.
LT1gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:08 PM   #143
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1gen6 View Post
Interesting question. Some press details are now available for the Blazer EV SS. 550ish HP, 650ish ft lbs torque, AWD, 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. No info was found on vehicle weight. Spring 2023 launch. ICE version expected to continue in a side-by-side offering.

No, it's not a Camaro, but wow. If GM turns its attention to Camaro EV, continuing its essence as it has in Blazer, it has possibility of being awesome. However, this latter idea is one that takes positive thinking, which seems to be in short supply in today's world.
These SUVs all look the same, their interiors are also very similar, supercruise is very nice but not tied to EVs in any way. Not sure how such a vehicle could ever be "awesome". Useful, yes, mundane, yes, awesome... hardly.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 12:11 AM   #144
TheWiseWolf

Drives: Camaro
I really hope the the EV looks like its concept photos
https://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-cont...an-Joo-003.jpg

However it looks like it wont have an option for sunroof.
TheWiseWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 01:20 AM   #145
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
Broken link
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 02:35 AM   #146
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
EV’s have been producing respectable power output and 0-60 times for quite some time. That isn’t the issue for most people. The issue is we don’t have the infrastructure to support them in mass scale. Even charging stations on a per-capita rate vs ownership of EV’s versus Gas Stations per-capita to ICE vehicle ownership … is very low. The next issue is the charging times are still too long and many of us do go on long drives or unpredictable excursions. The real main benefit to an EV is having the home infrastructure to charge it, but many Americans do not have access to that.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 04:48 AM   #147
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
I would actually like an EV for work, I’d make bank on mileage checks…. But last week I prob ran 1k+ miles. Live in Indy, Peoria Monday, Pittsburg and back Tuesday. Peoria Chicago and back to Indy on Friday. Not one hotel I stayed at had charging stations.

Pop in a gas station for 5min and my Malibu is good for another 500 miles (usually avg 40mpg on interstate).

Just not for me yet…
Old 07-23-2022, 06:45 AM   #148
LT1gen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
These SUVs all look the same, their interiors are also very similar, supercruise is very nice but not tied to EVs in any way. Not sure how such a vehicle could ever be "awesome". Useful, yes, mundane, yes, awesome... hardly.
My context is that of currently driving a 2021 Blazer RS. It's a nice AWD daily driver with mundane ICE performance. So, the Blazer RS EV power is awesome relative to that. It beats 6.2L Camaro in some raw stat categories (HP/Torque/0-60), while being present in a functional, conventional package.

Please don't misconstrue any of this as an indictment of ICE Camaro. It's my favorite ride of all time. And, the Blazer EV is not the Camaro replacement, it's the Blazer ICE replacement. I am not blind to some exciting new technology and it's application rolling out in GM and Chevy designs, and I hope it makes it's way to Camaro. Hybrid ICE/EV? AWD? Lower weight with better cargo capacity? Maybe 1" of extra leg room in the rear seat? Great "bang for the buck" value? I don't mind any of this.

Last edited by LT1gen6; 07-23-2022 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-23-2022, 06:54 AM   #149
LT1gen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome383Z View Post
I would actually like an EV for work,but last week I prob ran 1k+ miles. Live in Indy, Peoria Monday, Pittsburg and back Tuesday. Peoria Chicago and back to Indy on Friday. Not one hotel I stayed at had charging stations. Pop in a gas station for 5min and my Malibu is good for another 500 miles.
Something typically not considered in these discussions is "what happens to the plethora of petrol stations as charging facilities take their place?" They will likely be fewer and farther between, right? Not looking forward to that, just considering that today is one of the "good old days" for ICE devotees. It's a "savor the moment" mindset that appreciates "now," including that components of change that we are all witnessing.
Old 07-23-2022, 06:55 AM   #150
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
EV’s have been producing respectable power output and 0-60 times for quite some time. That isn’t the issue for most people. The issue is we don’t have the infrastructure to support them in mass scale. Even charging stations on a per-capita rate vs ownership of EV’s versus Gas Stations per-capita to ICE vehicle ownership … is very low. The next issue is the charging times are still too long and many of us do go on long drives or unpredictable excursions. The real main benefit to an EV is having the home infrastructure to charge it, but many Americans do not have access to that.
Battery technology is evolving at an incredible pace. Fast charging allows 80% in under 20 minutes and that is only going to get better. Unlike an ICE, it’s safe to say that the batteries in an EV will be very different in 5 years.

Pleas stop with the infrastructure stuff. Electrical companies aside BILLIONS are being spent to create charging stations. GM and VW alone are making big improvements. And as there are more and more EVs on the road do you gas stations will simply go away? Nope when it’s profitable you’ll pay for fast charging at favorite gas station.

Don’t judge 10 years from now based on what exists today.

People go to work every day to solve/improve these issues. That can no longer be said for ICEs.

But again to be clear, I don’t have an EV. Will for the first time consider one when I retire and lose my company car and I’m dead set against any tax payer funded incentives on EVs. I just believe in a very short time an EV will be the best answer and it should simply win on its own merits. And of course a Camaro web site will be the very last bastion for ICEs so I totally understand the resistance.
Old 07-23-2022, 08:00 AM   #151
Edward Paul

Drives: LT1
The eCOPO looks like fun. https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...lectrification
Edward Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 10:12 AM   #152
TexasRed5.9

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
As far as EV cars go (no touching the political aspect of this thread) there have been a lot of good points made on both sides of the issue. I agree that EV will be the future, no doubt. I also agree that the current infrastructure isn't ready for it, perfect example is the recent grid issues in Texas and elsewhere with this heat wave. When EV's reach a point where range and charging time are a moot point and battery replacement doesn't require a loan, then I'm sure I'll end up with one as a daily, or even better make the wife drive it!

I am curious though, how many other old fart gearheads driving 6th gen Camaros such as myself remember a not so distant past, standing in your garage tuning a Holley 4 barrel on your SBC (or Rochester Quadrajunk, my sympathies) shaking your fist in the air and loudly proclaiming "Hell no I'll never drive a damned fuel injected car! Carburetors forever!" Seems like not that long ago for me.
Old 07-23-2022, 10:21 AM   #153
Edward Paul

Drives: LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRed5.9 View Post
As far as EV cars go (no touching the political aspect of this thread) there have been a lot of good points made on both sides of the issue. I agree that EV will be the future, no doubt. I also agree that the current infrastructure isn't ready for it, perfect example is the recent grid issues in Texas and elsewhere with this heat wave. When EV's reach a point where range and charging time are a moot point and battery replacement doesn't require a loan, then I'm sure I'll end up with one as a daily, or even better make the wife drive it!

I am curious though, how many other old fart gearheads driving 6th gen Camaros such as myself remember a not so distant past, standing in your garage tuning a Holley 4 barrel on your SBC (or Rochester Quadrajunk, my sympathies) shaking your fist in the air and loudly proclaiming "Hell no I'll never drive a damned fuel injected car! Carburetors forever!" Seems like not that long ago for me.
Computers too. I plug my Harley into my laptop for tuning.
Edward Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 12:20 PM   #154
1fastz28

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1gen6 View Post
Something typically not considered in these discussions is "what happens to the plethora of petrol stations as charging facilities take their place?" They will likely be fewer and farther between, right? Not looking forward to that, just considering that today is one of the "good old days" for ICE devotees. It's a "savor the moment" mindset that appreciates "now," including that components of change that we are all witnessing.
GM recently announced that they're going to partner with Pilot/Flying J to add like 2000 chargers in their existing truck stops across the country. I've seen other gas stations here in Texas with EV infrastructure. It makes sense to use the existing land and service stations and have both EV stations and gas pumps as the transition to electric will take decades and decades.
1fastz28 is offline   Reply With Quote