Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-16-2022, 10:07 AM   #1
rayruner

Drives: 16 2.0 red
zzp

I have a 16 ats coupe, 2.0 8 speed, as soon as i get the motor out, i'm going to take it out to zzp in michigan,for forged rod, pistons and change the cams, can anyone who has taken there motor or car to zzp, tell me there experience ,
with zzp, as to quality of work, your opinion on cost, how the motor preformed after the work or what ever is on your mind. thank
rayruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:55 AM   #2
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
I can say that zzp is really the ltg only option for pistons, rods, and cams. I've heard nothing but good reviews from it and I want to hear from your project as one for me to build in the future. Its not like a 1000+hp block to build, but for roughly 500whp plus, not too shabby.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 04:53 PM   #3
95TA - The Beast

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
Actually, there are plenty of options for forged pistons and forged rods outside of ZZP. They are the only US supplier for a number of LTG specific items though, such as cams and head studs.

For forged rods:

Molnar Rods
CP Carrillo
eBay Chinese imports
Wiseco
ZZP

For forged pistons:

Diamond Racing Pistons
JE Pistons
CP Carrillo
Wiseco
ZZP

I will also state that there ARE options outside of ZZP for cams, but they ship from Australia, so buying from them is an unknown. They are on eBay if you look though.

But, quite honestly, ZZP is a great parts supply company. Responsive, quick shipping, great product selection and they stand behind the products they sell. Prices are also competitive.

I went with Diamond Racing pistons and Molnar rods for my build, but a ton of everything else is ZZP, such as Stage 2 cams, 82# valvesprings, Viton Coated head gasket, head studs, etc, etc...
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:17 AM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i used to buy all of my parts from zzp they are all good guys i got my bbk for my 16 ss from them all good stuff!