Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 11-13-2019, 10:55 AM   #1
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
New Stance SF-08 Wheels

I just got new wheels for my Camaro- Stance SF-08, Gloss Black. Thanks to a referral and the post from Sweet15, where he got his Stance SF-03 wheels, I went to Hialeah, FL- Bestwheeldeals and Mike fitted me up.I went square with a 20 X 10.5 wheel set up as I would like to be able to rotate my tires.Final offset was +28 and the tires are 27535R20 Toyo Extensa.Mike was great to work with, so responsive to my E Mails and all of my questions.I never even had to call, all communication was via E mails, which worked out great.I had to drive 100 miles each way and it was sure worth it.

The wheels are flush or ever so slightly poke from the fenders for a very aggressive look. The only downside is I lost 3 MPG on the highway- from 33 to 30.The wheels are rotary forged and pretty light but going from the stock 18” to 20” was a big jump and is heavier overall.I commute a long way in the car and I’m on a retirement budget so MPG is very important.For those of you considering this a better idea might be going with rotary forged 18’s with a less positive offset to still get that aggressive flush look.But the look of the 20” deep concave wheels is just awesome.

Pictures of one side before, the other after.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2019, 06:25 PM   #2
Sweet15

Drives: 2018 2SS HBM Vert
They look really great especially with the white body. Good choice !
Old 11-19-2019, 07:49 AM   #3
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet15 View Post
They look really great especially with the white body. Good choice !
Thanks! And thanks again for the great referral.

I want to emphasize how good Bestwheeldeals is and the choice of wheels and the tires they recommended. These are the best wheels and tires I ever had. The car is super smooth, not even the slightest shake. The wheels bolt pattern, hub diameter and offset were machined so precisely on their vertical mill. It tracks better than ever and the tires are also quieter than stock. The tires are so perfectly flush- even the front with the 10" wide wheel. Much less rolling resistance and after driving it a few days my gas mileage is even better. I have installed aftermarket wheels in the past that were more or less "generic". They had some vibrations- slight, but some. What a difference when the center bore is machined precisely to fit the hub.

I highly recommend the Stance Wheels and these guys- and I am very fussy and usually nit pick everything- especially machining, since I am an engineer in the manufacturing machining field by trade.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:05 PM   #4
BestWheelDeals

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Thanks for coming down JT; glad we could help. You were great to work with as well. The car turned out great. Enjoy!

- Mike

Camaro5 Vendors since 2010. Authorized Distributors: Stance | Rohana | Niche Wheels | XO Luxury | TSW | RSR | MRR | VS-Forged | Vertini | Ferrada | Ace Alloy | BC Forged | Forgestar | Foose | Continental | Michelin | Nitto | Mickey Thompson | Hankook and all major tire brands
BestWheelDeals is offline   Reply With Quote