Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #29
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Design??

I wonder if the design is incorrect. The hose connection from the PCV is very close to the MAF.

I had mine installed last friday and had a CEL on sunday. Tried fuse pull and reset and still had CEL.

I put back my old G5CR and got a scan to clear the error and no CEL for 1 week.

Also I find that the air box does prevent air coming in from the grill, so there is not much air coming from the frame, so if the filter gets old or dirty, I wonder if there's enough air coming in?

Whatever, I won't put it back and I'm despointed with K&N. Almost everyone don't like the G5CR but its material are much much more better quality, but does'nt have an air box-shield.

But I get lots of power and sound from it, will look at the heath situation when the temperature gets higher.

Here is a pic of the hose connection close to the MAF

Name:  K&N maf entry.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  120.4 KB
Old 04-16-2011, 02:15 AM   #30
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
My good old friend, mr. Cel, came to visit me tonight. We've got really bad smoke here from wildfires, not sure if that set it off.....idk. Putting the stock in tomorrow. If the light stays off I'm getting my money back from k&n and getting the vararam.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #31
4_EVER_3

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Silver
I have been told that over oiling the filyer will mess everything up. Hope you didnt do that.
4_EVER_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #32
JBuzzy11

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4_EVER_3 View Post
I have been told that over oiling the filyer will mess everything up. Hope you didnt do that.
how often should the filter be oiled and how's it done? if its not much I will just replace the filter.

Injen CAI, JBA headers, MRT V1.0 exhaust, Trifecta tune.
JBuzzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #33
lilwarrenb

Drives: Synergy Green Special Edition
Im waiting on my K&N to arrive. wish I would of read this first. Hope I didnt waste my money. Anyone out there who has K&N that it is working good with no issues? Im not even gonna install it if its gonna be a pain.

Last edited by lilwarrenb; 04-24-2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Add
lilwarrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #34
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwarrenb View Post
Im waiting on my K&N to arrive. wish I would of read this first. Hope I didnt waste my money. Anyone out there who has K&N that it is working good with no issues? Im not even gonna install it if its gonna be a pain.
Go ahead and install it CEL or not it is a good intake. I have 63 Series and light. K&N is more than willing to swap it for a Typhon at NO CHARGE as some cars are a bit more picky possibly. Or they said they would buy it back completely and I could then look for another one. (I will be swapping soon to the typhon) Put it on see what happens you have nothing to lose but about 1 hour of your time to instll it and 1 hour to swap back if needed. No matter what you paid for fantastic customer service no big deal if you have to use it.
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote